Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

It wasn't too long ago that Survivor: Samoa ended. Regardless of how anyone felt about that season, it definitely got people talking. Now, we are going into the shows tenth anniversary. On such a milestone, it's only appropriate to have a second All-Stars season as was already previewed during the Samoa reunion.

By now, the cast has been released. If you watch anything on CBS, it's hard to miss all the promos for the show. Below, I've listed the cast with their seasons in their respective tribes.

Heroes
    Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars)
    James Clement (China, Micronesia)
    Colby Donaldson (Australia, All-Stars)
    Cirie Fields (Panama, Micronesia)
    Amanda Kimmel (China, Micronesia)
    Sugar (Gabon)
    Stephanie LaGrossa (Palau, Guatemala)
    J.T. (Tocantins)
    Tom Westman (Palau)
    Candice Woodcock (Cook Islands)

Villains
    Tyson Apostol (Tocantins)
    Randy Bailey (Gabon)
    Sandra Diaz-Twine (Pearl Islands)
    Danielle DiLorenzo (Panama)
    Russell Hantz (Samoa)
    Jerri Manthey (Australia, All-Stars)
    Boston Rob (Marquesas, All-Stars)
    Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Micronesia)
    Coach (Tocantins)
    Courtney Yates (China)

Overall, I think they managed to get a pretty good cast. I'm just really hoping that nobody is going to be edited like Brett in Samoa. I didn't even remember that he was there through most of the season. Alas, I don't think balanced editing is their top priority

The premiere is on Thursday, February 11th. For the first time, the premiere will be two-hours with only one tribal council boot. In season's past with a two-hour premiere like Gabon, it was treated like two separate episodes with tribal council boots. Hopefully, they will spend time to show all the cast members, and this won't become a show centered around a select few main characters with a supporting cast. This is an All-Stars season, after all

What does everyone think? Do some of the cast not belong in this season? Were some of the cast placed in the wrong tribe?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Where's Johnny Fairplay?

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Where's Johnny Fairplay?
    Jeff hates him.

I'm trying to figure out why Sandra is a villan.

Besides that, just a big ol' W00T! Can't wait for thurs!!!
    xo, Deanna

• phbbbbbt

oh, and Jaaaaaaaammesssssssss, can't wait to see my secret lovah again!

• Circle of Ancients

Can't wait.

Did anybody catch the Survivor Special on last Thursday? I thought it was pretty good and got me ready for the new season.

• Seasick

I watched the special. A lot of patting themselves on the back, but I suppose they've earned the right. I enjoyed it overall.

Made me wish Richard Hatch had been able to participate again, even though he'd likely be booted asap as he was in All-Stars.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Where's Johnny Fairplay?
    Deanna nailed it. Jeff hates Fairplay. You won't be seeing him on Survivor ever again. During the TV Guide preview for this season, Jeff said that Fairplay "quit" during Micronesia, and the show doesn't invite quitters back so he's done. Also some interesting things Probst said at the beginning of the preview, Corinne (Gabon) was offered a spot for the female villains, but she couldn't do it because work conflicts. The biggest for me was that Shane Powers (Panama) had a spot but got bumped for Russell.

They have been showing the preview on and off since it premiered on Grammy night. If you don't have the TV Guide Channel, the preview has been uploaded to Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Can't wait.

Did anybody catch the Survivor Special on last Thursday? I thought it was pretty good and got me ready for the new season.
    Yep, I caught that. I thought it was pretty good, too. The only downside was that most of the highlighted scenes were on the countdown during the TV Guide preview. Most notably, the Ethan/Jenna and the Elizabeth Hasselbeck segment wasn't on the preview. On another forum, a poster has and still is spoiling most of this season, he noted that the people who were mainly featured during this special were already in L.A. for the Survivor 10th Anniversary bash. The other players on this season arrived after this special was filmed.

I particularly enjoyed the exchanges between Russell and Richard Hatch. I couldn't believe that room could hold that much ego After seeing that, I have no doubt that it would have been entertainment gold if both of them would have been in Samoa for HvV.

I really don't think this Thursday can come fast enough!

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    Deanna nailed it. Jeff hates Fairplay.
    there have been other things out there too, something about an exchange they had at a party, where Jeffy flat out told Johnny that he just hates him. Johnny was being completely obnoxious at the party, but that's a given. i'm old, i have three kids, and i'm home with them all day, so i'm kinda foggy on it, but i know i read it somewhere!

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    On another forum, a poster has and still is spoiling most of this season, he noted that...
    And let's keep any spoilers, such as this comment, out of this discussion.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• phbbbbbt

are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?

• Circle of Ancients

So who watched the premiere last night?

I thought it was pretty good, kept me entertained throughout. I think the most shocking part was the preview for next week.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I thought last night was good. I don't know who to root for yet, though. I am happy with who left, that person was annoying me.

The coach and Jerri thing -
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• phbbbbbt

first of all, my man JAMES is lookin' fine! i don't think i've ever, not in my 41 years have i EVER seen someone's back muscles twist and flex while simply shaking hands. wow.

i MISSED the preview for next week, was trying to watch grey's at the same time.

what was up with Sugar? we liked her last time. she was just irritating, could not believe her following Colby around like a schoolgirl... and Coach & Jerri? i think i just threw up in my mouth a little. can't wait for them to go home.

and watching everyone on both tribes scrambling to figure out who might be aligned with who, based on who they played with was very interesting. can't wait to see if there are splits along those lines. and i wonder if that will effect strategy after the merge...

This is gonna be GOOD!

I don't think Boston Rob is a villain. And I sure hope Russell gets the boot early on. I read in EW (maybe where Deanna read her info) that Samoa ran after they'd already begun this season so the poor folks there have no idea what an arse he is.

I recall reading in the same article that Johnny Fairplay (gawd I despise him) was going to be on it and Jeff was even okay with it But for some reason he didn't make it. Good, say I.

I love Sugar to death but she sure made herself annoying, didn't she?

Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la
    Ehu hene la a pili ko'o lua la
    Pututui lu a ite toe la
    Hanu lipo ita pa'alai

--- Hawai'ian War Chant

I am still thinking back to the last finale. Wasn't the finale filmed after the HVV's have already been taped? And how Russell was acting and wanting her to give up the title so he could be the sole survivor makes me think that he didn't get to far in the game.
    It looks like this villian team is going to play real rough. At one point, it looked like one of the guys leg was going to get broke that Russell was pulling it so far over that I though we were going to hear bones crunch. I am sorry to see Rupart got his toe broken. And then when Sandra unhooked Suger's bra off, WOW. Its going to be a tough season. I am looking forward to see what happens next. Its too soon for me who to decide to root to win. I will look forward hearing all your thoughts in the next few weeks about all your thought about this season.
    °o° A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. °o°

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast