• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

RuPaul's Drag Race ~ Season 2

Well, I should have started this weeks ago, since the finale was 4-26-10

But we need to talk about the finale . . .

and there have to be other fans of this show here at MiceChat . . .

So, who watched the final show - and what are your thoughts?

• aka the scorpion eater!

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race ~ Season 2

Was the finale tonight on Logo or VH1? I have been catching it on VH1 and I love that show... Who won?

I was so pulling for Raven most of the season because she was so cute, but under the makeup, as a guy he was such a cute latino guy... Very hot and totally my type of guy... And as Raven, she was amazing and very spicy, not to mention had a pretty nice attitude with a lot of Sass.. but my friends are pulling for Tyra or Jujubee and actually hate Raven... The one I really liked though throughout the season was Mystique... Her 2 piece and biscuit was the secret to her awesome curves... Not to mention that split... OMG!

I love drag queens... They are the most vibrant, entertaining, and empowering part of our community... In fact they are tough and strong in every way... Both in and out of the makeup... Because anyone who can wear heels for over 3 hours at a time, go through all the crazy hair removal, the padding, "the tuck", and the many other things like intense makeup and stuff earns an A++++ grade of respect in my opinion

Since we are discussing drag queens on RuPaul's drag race... I figure its time to share my little drag story... for all who dont know, I am gay... and there comes a time in every gay guys "gay" life where he will go out in drag or explore that side of things at least once... Now it doesnt make them a drag queen because to be a drag queen you apparently have to be grandfathered into it and perform and stuff and I am in no way a drag queen at all... But I had friends one time for our gay youth group that were planning to do drag for a talent show and I was 19 at the time and decided to do it along with them... Now they knew a lot of the drag queens in our area as they were 21 and went to the bars and learned some of the secrets and decided to get me all done up to perform Britney Spears "Baby one more time"... Well, I have a lot of respect for drag queens because the amount of time to prep everything for our talent show was crazy... We literally started the night before having a beauty party, then dozing off for a few hours, then getting eyebrows waxed, last minute touches on outfits, styling wigs, getting prepped for duct taping, making sure there was enough plastic wrap, thinning ourselves out, doing makeup very heavily [which itched quite a bit], practicing walking in high heels as it was my first time, moisturizing, exfoliating, and then those wig caps... tight as ever... Not to mention wearing long hair for the first time, then came "the tuck"... not fun at all... I was always wondering why the queens have an attitude and I then learned why... So we get to the youth group for our talent show and I have been rehearsing Britney's "baby one more time" all day at that point and I get there and a coworker of mine who also went to our group that hated me.. actually told me I looked really well and really done up... So we get ready to perform and the guy holding our group was doing the music, and I get up there to perform Britney and he pressed the wrong track number... So I did not perform "baby one more time"... I had to lip sync... For my life... LOL! I wound up having to lip sync Paris Hilton's song and I was like thinking to myself because "the show must go on and I didnt want to get docked points from the judging panel" and I told myself... "Ok, music malfunction... I cant do this".... then I remembered that the main queen of Phoenix was in the audience on the judging panel and It felt like being on RuPaul's drag race... I was like OMG! I better do this right... I looked like Paris Hilton, I had a Britney outfit on, but I told myself will rock this like Paris... Well apparently that drag queen as a judge did not know that I was lipsyncing for my life... And she even judged me well for what I did... She was pretty impressed.... I was like OMG! I am glad I "did not eff it up" as RuPaul would say.

I had a blast doing it that one time but OMG I am probably not cut out to be a queen, maybe I am a dutchess for doing it once and exploring, and I am not sure how long it takes to make it to the Princess status but I have no complaints... I did it once and that was an enlightening experience.

All the work it takes to do something like that is eye opening... It made me really appreciate what drag queens do and the amount of effort and time it takes for them to entertain us when we visit the bar or the amount of effort they make into empowering their side to the gay community... Will I do it again? Maybe not, unless I get roped into doing it again... But it was more effort than I could do which is why I love watching RuPaul's drag race... It really does its best to show all sides of it, even as far as all the extra care it takes to do those challenges... Making dresses from scratch, tailoring them, doing the challenges... RuPaul's drag race seems like a very difficult competition... Not to mention all the drama and attitude of the other people... But then again, what show with RuPaul wouldnt be complete without attitude... She is my favorite drag queen and I remember when I was kid I would marvel at her talk show and always wanted to be like her... Actually as a kid I used to love watching all the drag queens on Ricki Lake and the other talk shows.

So who won?

I could probably look it up online... But I might wanna be surprised if it has not already aired on VH1 yet.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Oh hold on... I could so google it off the Wikipedia page... if anyone wants to see who won... click the link and look under season 2... I now owe a friend money because I was pulling for the other 2 and not his queen

His queen wound up winning... Mine came in runner up... Sadly the one I wanted to see runner up didnt make it... But I could probably watch the full episode of the finale online just like every other series on VH1 and I am sure there is some awesome challenges and an awesome finale with extra drama and stuff like about every other reality show finale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race_Season_2
    Last edited by tamasurvivor; 04-27-2010 at 12:27 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It was on Logo last night, I won't say who won here, in case others haven't seen it yet.

I was hoping Pandora Boxx would have made it further in the competition. I like her sense of Humor. Got really annoyed with one of the judges, Santino, who just didn't understand Pandora's sense of humor. And Pandora's Carol Channing was hysterical!

That said of the final 3, I was thinking that Ju Ju B had the best chance, as she appeared the most friendly. I thought the final two would be Raven and Ju Ju B, as they really had the most personality.

Tyra complained about Tatiana having the same look throughout the entire competition, but I though Tyra also had the same look all the way through. And Tyra's interview in the final 4 show was really BAD, she just used RuPaul's catch phrases, rather than answer the questions in her own way. And Tyra still doensn't understand that the way she talks, just doesn't work.

Spoiler

And in the Final show, Tyra should have got penalized for her injurying Ju Ju B, and taking the Fake Fight to into a more real knock down drag down fight. And Tyra's attitude after the fight was just piss poor, she very well knew she took it way further than where she drug it.

I lost respect for RuPaul, when she didn't talk about that.

Pandora Boxx was one of my favorites, along with Mystique, Morgan McMichaels, and Raven... Speaking of the season as a whole, I loved the challenge where they had to do celebrity impersonations... That was like classic and amazing!