• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Betty White Appreciation Thread

Who loves Betty White?

Betty White Through the Years
    Betty White Through the Years*Photos - CBS News

She was amazing on Saturday Night Live.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNL58iSKxQU]YouTube - SNL (Se 35 Ep 21) Betty White - Thank You For Being a Friend (Digital Short)[/ame]

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Betty White Appreciation Thread

I did love her on SNL. I hope she is able to host the Oscars next year. I still love at that fun stab at Facebook from her.

• Jack's Posse

Yay! Its about time we got A betty White Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Robert Pattinson Says Yes to Casting Betty White in Breaking Dawn

By Marc Malkin

Betty White has hosted Saturday Night Live. She starred in one of this year's most popular Super Bowl commercials. She even got herself an MTV Movie Award nomination for her work feeling up Sandra Bullock in The Proposal. And now she's back on weekly television with TV Land's Hot in Cleveland.
    So what's left for the Golden Girl to do? How about Twilight? Yup, we think director Bill Condon should cast the 88-year-old legend in Breaking Dawn.
    Guess who likes our idea: Robert Pattinson!
    Read on to find out what he and many of his vampire movie costars have to say about Betty in Breaking. And no, we haven't started a Facebook campaign…at least not yet.
    R.Pattz didn't miss a beat when we asked him at the Eclipse premiere if he thinks White should be in BD. "Definitely," he said. "She can be the baby."
    The baby he's referring to, of course, is Edward and Bella's daughter, Renesmee.
    He's not the only one who thought of that. "Oh, my gosh," Kellan Lutz said. "I love Betty. I would love for them to do what they did in Benjamin Button with her and she can be Renesmee. I would change some scenes up so we could have Jacob and Emmet going for her. I want to work with her. That would be so much fun."
    Elizabeth Reaser agrees. "Is there a part for her?" she asked. "I'd love for her to be in Breaking Dawn. We could all learn a lot from her."
    Twilight newbie Julia Jones, who plays Leah Clearwater in Eclipse, suggested White play Bella's "great-great-grandmother in a flashback scene."
    Stephenie Meyer immediately had visions of White as bloodsucker. "We have so many vampires in Breaking Dawn, surely she can fit in somewhere," Meyer said. "Wouldn't it be amazing if she was like just sitting there with a big group of the Volturi? That would be amazing."
    Peter Facinelli had much bigger plans. "I think Betty White should be in…everything!" he said. "I'd put her in Breaking Dawn and then I'd like to see Betty White do an action movie in 3-D. She should be in the next Avatar."
    Now, we wanna hear from you. Should Betty White be in Breaking Dawn?

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I love her. She is really a hugely talented actress and a nice person. And clearly, a lot of fun! She's also very involved with the LA Zoo and animal groups, I like that about her.
    I say cast Betty White in everything!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have been watching and admiring Betty White longer than the majority of people in this thread, and on MC, have been alive. I went to see her speak in person at the Oxnard Tower Club, and she gave me a great phone interview - one hour - on a radio show I had at the time, to promote it.

And I admire her continued adoration of her late husband Allen Ludden, the longtime host of Password.

But her new show on TV Land is just plain stupid.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Ruthless Con Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I have been watching and admiring Betty White longer than the majority of people in this thread, and on MC, have been alive. I went to see her speak in person at the Oxnard Tower Club, and she gave me a great phone interview - one hour - on a radio show I had at the time, to promote it.

And I admire her continued adoration of her late husband Allen Ludden, the longtime host of Password.

But her new show on TV Land is just plain stupid.

I had high hopes for "Hot in Cleveland", but frankly I think the show is beneath her. For someone with her level of talent, that show is just too darn mediocre .
    Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

When I think of Betty White, I think of two characters out of TV history - Sue Ann Nivens, the "Happy Homemaker" who had a lot more than that on her mind in the Mary Tyler Moore show, and of course Rose Nylund in the Golden Girls.

And as good as many people thought she was recently on SNL, I've tried to find clips - unsuccessfully - of a series of sketches she did on the Tonight Show in 1976.

At the time, bachelor California governor Jerry Brown was romantically linked to Linda Ronstadt as he made a late strong run at Jimmy Carter for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

Johnny played the "President Brown" character, and Betty was just hilarious as the "first girlfriend".

I wish I could find clips of those classic bits.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.