Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life after LOST

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Life after LOST

So how is everyone holding up so far?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Re: Life after LOST

so far it seems like its been much longer than a month!

how about replacement viewing suggestions?

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm fine. Then again, I never watched Lost.

Nothing can replace LOST!
    I've just been rewatching old (and lesser shows) since like Boy Meets World & Friends to somehow numb the pain. Come this fall and spring, it'll be much harder when my two other favorite shows Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy come back on without Lost to go side by side with it. How I Met Your Mother is my second favorite show though and that keeps me laughing but nothing can give the same mystery, intrigue and excitement Lost ever did.

Spin off show, please?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by rya86n View Post
    so far it seems like its been much longer than a month!

how about replacement viewing suggestions?
    Well, Breaking Bad is pretty good stuff(in some respects it's better than Lost....better acting, better writing, and mysteries that are answered satisfactorily with no contrivance.....in fact, the producers of BB actually have respect for their audience, something I never got from team Darlton.

Another show that may prove to be good is Rubicon....one episode in and it already has a host of mysteries to be answered. Although it looks good so far, I fear it may be another ~Lost~, where they're just making it all up as they go and hope the mysteries will lock(pun intended) in an audience before they have to answer them....time will tell, for now, it's what I am watching that feeds my ~Lost~ fix
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Never heard of Rubicon. What channel is that on?

• no flash photography...

after that last season and the finale...well, I'm doing fine. It was a let down.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Now that lost is over?

go to the REAL LIGHT!

-----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Never heard of Rubicon. What channel is that on?
    AMC, same as Breaking Bad.

• hi!

i cry myself to sleep every night.. i sit in the dark corners of my room alone with my tears of pain and sadness. tears of black roll down my face and onto my guitar.

not really. i've actually kept myself going ok!

i tried watching Happy Town.. but i simply didn't get hooked. same with FlashForward which semi-hooked me but i stopped watching it.. then it got cancelled so i was relieved i wasn't emotionally connected to the show..

i also follow Desperate Housewives (as woman-ly as the show seems.. some of those story arcs are quite intense).. and am sad that Drea De Mateo will no longer be on it when the show returns..

EDIT: another thing to add - i MIGHT want to watch "No Ordinary Family" with Michael Chiklis.. even though he seems like he's reprising not only his role.. but even the entire basic storyline of The Fantastic Four.. i always like to see people with superpowers (minus Heroes.. that thing spiraled wayy too out of control for my taste)
    Last edited by plagued; 06-18-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    -plagued

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I wonder if there will ever be a Lost reunion show....maybe with the Globetrotters

I was surprised by Desperate Housewives too when I first started watching it.
    It's more of a mystery show than anything else. I honestly believe if they got rid of the show's lame name and changed it to "Wisteria Lane", more people would take it seriously and actually give it a chance. But when talking to guy friends, I bring the show up and they go "uh, wtf?"
    It's something you have to watch to understand but it's hardly ever girly, it just so happens the 4 main characters are women solving mysteries while they deal with motherhood and romance.

• Storyteller

Breaking Bad is great, although it's third season just ended so that's gone for awhile. Mad Men, another AMC show, starts its fourth season next month, that's definitely something to look forward to.

Since LOST ended, I've been checking out JJ Abrams' other shows; Alias and Fringe. I'd never watched Alias during its run so I came across the first season and went through it pretty fast. It's not a bad show at all (although I heard it completely falls apart in its last few seasons), but it doesn't have much going for it other than being "fun". It didn't fill the void. Fringe on the other hand, has appealed to me much more and I'm really getting into it. It's like a cross between The X-Files, LOST, and The Twilight Zone. LOST fans should definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Caught a few episodes of Fringe. Nothing special. They should've honestly just made it an X-Files remake.

• secure all cargo

The first several days after the finale I read dozens of articles with reviews and theories on what happened. I think there was truly a sense of loss I wasn't expecting, and reading everything was my way to deal with "letting go."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast