Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: What are the current 'Crap Shows' on YOUR list?

I LOVED The Sopranos the first few seasons, then it just got to be not so good.

I agree with you about Entourage Barry ... I just could never get into it.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    MTV "reality" shows that are scripted (so, basically, all of them). CSI (c'mon...technology like that is impossible!).

I don't watch TV much specifically for this reason haha

Great, great, great, point!

It's amazing to me how many people feel these shows are real, unproduced shows. It's a good sign that the show is directed, when people come in from outdoors, go right up to a certain spot that is already lit, has sound crews, and two camera shoots. Hmmm...

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Let's talk HBO series. Shows that people whose opinions I otherwise respect.

I have to admit, I never got "The Sopranos". There, I said it. The show everyone supposedly loved, I never got. For one thing, I could never get past the curse words three or four to a sentence.

Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm. So many of my "hip" friends liked them. I never got it.

That's a tough one, if cussing sends you packing, many HBO shows are not going to be a good fit. Sopranos was a great look into mafia life, I can understand if it wasn't your thing. I love that HBO doesn't always play it safe, they take risks. Some of the best shows ever made have been HBO series.

Sopranos
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    Generation Kill
    The Pacific

I also like their quirky comedies. Bored to Death was so out there and funny. How to Make it in America, another great show.

Don't get me wrong, I watch COPS and other corny shows, but when shows are SUPPOSED to be good, or at least are trying to be dramas, and they stink, it's no bueno.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I loved the Pacific. It's made me think and do more reading and research about the men who fought those battles.

I specifically waited until that series was over before making the purely budget-based decision to drop HBO.

The cussing doesn't bother me as such, it's just when every other word is a cuss word....I don't like that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

With HBO shows, I feel like I'd rather buy/rent the season after like 3 seasons are out on DVD rather than wait for their crazy season schedule. "Big Love" was like that. And with "Sex in the City" I watched that when it started (which wow, I was really young thinking about that), and kept watching. But I noticed I enjoyed it more when it went into syndication and it wasn't as dirty.

• That Guy

Sex in the City was such an odd show.

If a woman in the real world dressed like Carrie, she would be carted off and forced to have a psych eval. Allow me to speak for straight guys everywhere, women wearing mens tighty whities are NOT cute. Ugh...

• Goofy

tv itself is pretty crappy these days. mtv is the worst especially the reality shows.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

One crap show that was a favorite of mine was Nip/Tuck. And you can't get any crappier than that Seriously such trash it is funny. I did not watch this last season though, since with a 3 year old running around the house it is not something that I would put on the TV when he is up and I pretty much go to bed when he does so no reason to DVR since I have no time to watch it.

And KnittingKnerd - if you thought Sex in the City was dirty, don't turn on Nip/Tuck. It will be way too graphic for you.

Pretty much all I watch is on Nick Jr or Disney channel.

Other than that I watch the food network. I like the challenges.

I can't get into CSI anymore since it is just boring same old stuff.

Oh, and I also like V. Whatever!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    And KnittingKnerd - if you thought Sex in the City was dirty, don't turn on Nip/Tuck. It will be way too graphic for you.

Pretty much all I watch is on Nick Jr or Disney channel.

Other than that I watch the food network. I like the challenges.

Oh, and I also like V. Whatever!
    Yeah I knew I'd never watch "Nip/Tuck" when in the first or second episode they were doing lipo and somehow the machine malfunctioned and like exploded or something.

I watch "Sonny With a Chance" if something bad happened at work and I need "Sunshine lollipops" quick. Go take a break and watch it on my phone. That's kinda' embarrassing...

Last note on "Sex in the City" I never got the idea of Carrie's high-fashion. She looked like a twit.

• Animation Domination

Anything from Disney Channel or ABC Family Channel that is original made from that Channel.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

NCIS is probably my favorite show right now, Really well developed characters, good writing, innovative openings and plot lines. I have a crush on Pauly Perrette. And here I didn't think I liked goth.

And let us all take a moment to reflect on the apparent passing of the Fox Reality Channel. At least my DirecTV tells me it's "no longer available"...and they don't say it's because of a money squabble like they did with versus.

Quite a few crap shows on Fox Reality, gone at least for now....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Jack's Posse

JOEY!
    What an awful show...
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

I have to admit, I never got "The Sopranos". There, I said it. The show everyone supposedly loved, I never got. For one thing, I could never get past the curse words three or four to a sentence.
    The acting and writing on the Sopranos were godly. It's an alternative American tale that none of us will ever get to live. A depressed mobster blancing family life and "family" (mob) life. Easily my favorite show of all time. If you can get past the curse words, I bet you might enjoy it for the performances.

I comepletely agree with you on the rest of HBO shows though. Showtime is where it's at these days.

Never liked 30 Rock either. Probably because I hate Alec Baldwin. I like Parks & Rec, The Office, and Community though, so that show sticks out like a sore thumb on the NBC thursday night line-up. Also Family Guy is just distasteful now. It was alright initially, but now it's a shell of itself.

Also I grew up a big pro wrestling fan, but WWE programming is pretty bad these days. MTV programming besides Jersey Shore (funny as hell to me) is pretty bad these days to.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hardball With Chris Mathews is poly saturated crap.

All daytime soap operas have a certain something that make them reak like a dead skunk in the middle of the road.

American Idol is always a fecal delight.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Hardball With Chris Mathews is poly saturated crap.

All daytime soap operas have a certain something that make them reak like a dead skunk in the middle of the road.

American Idol is always a fecal delight.
    "GH" currently has a film star and Ma from the "Waltons"...(Yay! James Franco gives soaps a good-ish name.).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast