Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: What are the current 'Crap Shows' on YOUR list?

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    "GH" currently has a film star and Ma from the "Waltons"...(Yay! James Franco gives soaps a good-ish name.).
    Y & R recently had David Hasselhoff in a cameo role too.

I wasn't going to post in here because I don't watch tv. Seriously, I use to watch the occasional Food Network or Animal Planet show but even Animal Planet has had nothing but crap. What few times I do sit down and try to find anything to watch I'll pull up the guide on the screen, scan through the 300 or however many channels we have on satellite.... and end up watching infomercials because there is absolutely NOTHING on worth watching.

Or I turn the TV off and do something else. On an average day I might watch maybe 1-3 hours of tv. The only thing I do watch is my soap and sometimes that the only thing I watch. Thats how bad I think it is.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Delawarean Girl

That new cartoon from TBS called "Neighbors from H***" keeps popping into my mind. Though, I do love the new concept. Of something being demons and not vampires. My only problem, is that I don't think it's funny enough. Though, I just can't help on continuing to watch it still.

I must love crap.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    "GH" currently has a film star and Ma from the "Waltons"...(Yay! James Franco gives soaps a good-ish name.).
    And Michael Learned was once such a great actress. She's doing a soap now? Ouch.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MC State Comptroller

I absolutely cannot stand and cannot explain the popularity of GLEE! I don't know why, but I hate this show with a passion. It just grates on my nerves and the hype is just so overkill. I mean come on! I've told people my dislike for this show and they look at me like I spit on their children. I just don't get why it is so popular. I've seen two episodes and I wanted my two hours back. I love Jane Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, and musicals, but GLEE just makes me want to watch paint dry.

I also don't care for Bones, House, Lie To Me and most Fox shows except for the animated Sunday block and Hell's Kitchen.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I'm too tired to properly think about this, but I hate 'reality' tv with an undying passion. It's not only fake, but it's frakkin BORING.

Most 'tween' shows like Hannah Montana are hideously bad, so they are on the list too. I do watch some animated shows and I usually like Bones and The Big Bang Theory. I am actually dropping HBO because it's all about the series now and I don't care about any of them. About the only thing on there I watch is Bill Maher. Or I did, he's on vacation now.

The only programs I really faithfully watch or DVR are The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Oh...and How It's Made, because my son adores it.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I just watched the first episode of "Rookie Blue" last night. It was one of 3 show offered on demand for free from ABC in HD so I watched it. I was constantly pointing out things cops wouldn't do, but I still watched it ... Missy Peregrym is in it, so that was enough reason.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

In case I missed it before, the new TV Land attempt at original humor, Hot In Cleveland, is really crap. Sorry, Valerie Bertinelli. Sorry, Betty. Sorry, person from "Just Shoot Me" whose name I have forgotten.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    I absolutely cannot stand and cannot explain the popularity of GLEE! I don't know why, but I hate this show with a passion. It just grates on my nerves and the hype is just so overkill. I mean come on! I've told people my dislike for this show and they look at me like I spit on their children. I just don't get why it is so popular. I've seen two episodes and I wanted my two hours back. I love Jane Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, and musicals, but GLEE just makes me want to watch paint dry.

I also don't care for Bones, House, Lie To Me and most Fox shows except for the animated Sunday block and Hell's Kitchen.

Cannot agree with you enough. I heard this show was great from people I respect, and tried to watch it. Holy crap was it terrible. So forced and tired. Ugh. The actors are talented, but it's so sickly sweet, it was no bueno.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I just watched the first episode of "Rookie Blue" last night. It was one of 3 show offered on demand for free from ABC in HD so I watched it. I was constantly pointing out things cops wouldn't do, but I still watched it ... Missy Peregrym is in it, so that was enough reason.

I agree fully. That show is truly terrible and unwatchable. Why don't they hire a technical advisor? It's so bad on each and every level. Writing, plot, acting, direction, production? Why God, why?

What are the odds that out of six new rookies, ALL of them are worthy of being top models? I know it's TV, but can they throw in an average looking person? This is why NYPD Blue was so amazing, and why The Wire was amazing. They took the time to do it right, do some research, and basically not treat the viewers like you are mindless zombies.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Max - do you have an opinion of NCIS?

It's my current favorite show, In my opinion, the writing's good, great in some episodes - and I love the casting. The "Los Angeles" spinoff? Not so great in my view.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Max - do you have an opinion of NCIS?

It's my current favorite show, In my opinion, the writing's good, great in some episodes - and I love the casting. The "Los Angeles" spinoff? Not so great in my view.

RB, I think the show is decent and has a ton of potential. My problem is that I work in public safety, so I know how things are, which taints me to investigative shows, much like how ER nurses could not watch the show ER because it was so goofy.

NCIS could be great if they would drop certain things, IMHO:

-The 'abuse the rookie' lines are tired and played out. No case would ever be solved if most of the effort was put into slamming the junior member of the squad. That stuff does take place, but not for long, as it gets old, and doesn't take much noodle power.

-The quirky, yet talented lab rat. Really? These ARE Govt. employees, what are the odds that a branch of the NAVY will allow someone to dress like a goth princess, regardless of how talented they are? Let me tell you, NOT gonna happen. Why can't they cast a regular looking woman who knows her stuff?

-Law Enforcement agencies DO NOT have 1,000 huge LCD TVs hanging everywhere. The labs are not glamorous, and pitch black. They are govt offices with low bid equipment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I really like "Glee" but maybe that's because I need that "happy syrupy sweet" to get me through my day. I think you need a certain amount of happy endings and "it's okay" in my line of work.

• <333

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post

i could not agree with you more about glee!!!

my own opinions:
    am i allowed to say i hate hannah montana? i'm surprised that really hasn't been brought up yet. i think it's the most unrealistic show on the face of the planet, but then again when has disney channel ever been realistic. i just don't like miley cyrus's "acting".
    "neighbors from h***" is also horribly and i don't care for secret life of the american teenagers. there are others but i can't think of them right now

• hi!

shows i never liked, but seems like everyone and their moms do:

-Friends
    -How I Met Your Mother

wouldn't say they're "crap shows" but i just dont like them
    -plagued

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Big Brother!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast