Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Big Brother 12

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We have this conversation every year for many different shows (spoiler threads vs. non-spoiler threads) and it's pretty much the consensus that spoilers be used until after the show airs in the West Coast.

Big Brother is a little different since so many things are readily available on the net prior to them airing (this is the fault of the producers IMO and nothing we can do about that).

Just keep putting things in spoilers (it's NOT hard to do) and have fun talking about BB.
    DITTO. Spoiler boxes are easy to do and everyone should be able to come in here after the show has aired via west coast and discuss it without worrying about reading spoilers.

• Delawarean Girl

Just my thoughts of last night:

Spoiler
    I hope they rid of Rachel. But they might think of Annie as more of a threat. I don't think she's it. But it's hard to say. My eyes are on Britney & Kathy.

We have this conversation every year for many different shows (spoiler threads vs. non-spoiler threads) and it's pretty much the consensus that spoilers be used until after the show airs in the West Coast.

Just keep putting things in spoilers (it's NOT hard to do) and have fun talking about BB.
    How I always looked at it. Thank you and ok.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 07-15-2010 at 05:20 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

The episodes are really boring when you know what's already happened almost a week ago. I didn't really care about the episode last night and just glanced at it. The only cool thing was the "Saboteur" part.

I know I said this last year, but the producers REALLY need to have the competitions done closer to the actual air-dates. I realize they have to cut the shows together as far as the other clips, etc ... but it can't be THAT hard. This is a network show.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I know I said this last year, but the producers REALLY need to have the competitions done closer to the actual air-dates. I realize they have to cut the shows together as far as the other clips, etc ... but it can't be THAT hard. This is a network show.
    It does take some time to edit segments together for them to look good. If you watched Big Brother 1 you know that it true. That show aired more days a week than the current Big Brother shows, and the production on the show suffered for it. The episodes were very boring.

As an editor myself, I would say they turn these around pretty quickly, but if you already know what happens it can seem like a long wait. It depends on what you're editing, but generally it about an hour of work, per minute of air. That increases if your creating music montages, or creating effects. Big Brother is light on effects, probably for that reason.

I don't know what kind of media management system they have in place, but that's a ton of footage from multiple cameras to go through it a few days. I'm sure the loggers and producers are marking things along the way, but is still has to be ingested into the Avids, or at least some kind of organized search system if they are saving the media directly into servers.

The show also has story editors who need time to figure out how what will be shown, before the editing even starts. There is no other reality show on TV even close to Big Brother. Most shows are shot and edited weeks or even months before they air. Shows like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars are close, but they are mostly live shows with just edited segments.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    DITTO. Spoiler boxes are easy to do and everyone should be able to come in here after the show has aired via west coast and discuss it without worrying about reading spoilers.
    Spoil sport

Hayden is hot but already is getting on my nerves and kudos to Brendon for winning POV Woot!

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Spoil sport

Hayden is hot but already is getting on my nerves and kudos to Brendon for winning POV Woot!

I am happy about that too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Best nickname so far is Captain Kosher - Andrew
    Spoiler

Hayden seems pretty smart, hope he makes it to the last few people. I like him more than Brendon, as player. Brendon was just dumb by threatening Hayden, as Hayden already knew Brendon and Rachel had a deal. Brendon and Rachel really did get started with their showmance WAY to soon. I think I would have liked both of them more, if they weren't spending so much time with each other. And it was good for Hayden to realize that Brendon, Rachel and Annie had a deal too.

Thought I would like She'stheSheriff, but from what I've seen of her so far, I'd like to see her go home sooner than later. Sounds like Annie was trying blame Brit for talking about the deal Annie supposedly has with Brendon and Rachel, when Brit isn't the one that talked Io Hayden about Brendon Rachel Annie's deal.

For the Eviction, even though I might grow to like Rachel, if she stayed, I would rather see voted out tonight, since she obviously tied closer to Brendon, than Annie is. If Rachel was voted out, I reallly don't see that the pack between Annie and Brendon would survive.

And really, I think the Big Brother guests would smarter in trying to vote off who they think are the strongesst competitors, rather than try and vote out the person they think is the saboteur.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I think it will make things more interesting if Rachel gets voted out tonight.

• The one and only

And the saboteur is...
    Spoiler
    to be revealed tonight! =P

Thoughts?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Sabo:

Spoiler
    Annie

Vote to Evict:

Spoiler

Annie 10
    Rachel 0

New HOH:

Spoiler
    Rachel

Spoiler

UGGGGG! They really should have voted out Rachel - You can bet that Hayden and Enzo are going to regret campaigning to get rid of Annie.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jordiekins View Post
    And the saboteur is...
    Spoiler
    to be revealed tonight! =P

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    It's going to be a blast! *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Spoiler

UGGGGG! They really should have voted out Rachel - You can bet that Hayden and Enzo are going to regret campaigning to get rid of Annie.
    Spoiler
    word
    Last edited by Hayley B; 07-15-2010 at 05:10 PM.

• Delawarean Girl

* 7/16 7:15am eastern time*

Well, one person was right. I heard someone thinking it was Annie. It's a wonder if they are going to try to do something else. Now that she is gone. But she has said she has one more thing up her sleeves. I still think Kathy and Britney did more dirty stuff then her.

I know not this week. But I hope they get rid of Rachel soon.

• Just the Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    * 7/16 7:15am eastern time*

Well, one person was right. I heard someone thinking it was Annie. It's a wonder if they are going to try to do something else. Now that she is gone. But she has said she has one more thing up her sleeves. I still think Kathy and Britney did more dirty stuff then her.

I know not this week. But I hope they get rid of Rachel soon.
    I think Annie's last hurrah was at the very end of the show last night as it was going off, and I was not paying attention. What was it, a buzzer in the seat cushion?

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by CL_CooledCoyote View Post
    I think Annie's last hurrah was at the very end of the show last night as it was going off, and I was not paying attention. What was it, a buzzer in the seat cushion?
    I wondered that too in the end. I'm not sure. oooooo! A cliffhanger for the next time (maybe?).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Interesting they picked the crazy girl as the saboteur. Glad she's gone. So Rachel and the other guy have a showmance. Those 4 guys have an alliance, everyone's tied to someone. It's too early to split someone else. And Rachel seems the type to tire quickly... or just become annoying quickly LOL Like she was gonna give up the Veto for him... It would be better to have her do that later with slim pickins

Another twist blows up in Alison Grodner's face lol I wonder if they are gonna offer it to someone else now as an incentive? They need SOMETHING for the rest ogf the summer.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast