• Senior Minion

Ellen DeGeneres drops out of American Idol'

She made me laugh, which made the show a bit more watchable and less boring this past season..

'Idol' News - The Ellen DeGeneres Show
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Ellen DeGeneres drops out of American Idol'

Well I knew Ellen wasn't a good fit for the show the first time I heard she would be a judge. She is not an ensemble person, she is a solo act. I also never liked kara on the show, and I hear she might be being dropped from the show, and JLo, may come on board. I've watched every season of Idol, and been to a few shows, but barely watched last season at all.

'American Idol': Kara is reportedly out [Updated] | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

• The Study of Wumbo

This show is not in a very good place right now. I see it being done pretty soon.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Delawarean Girl

^ I think so too. No matter what they do. I can't see most people watching it anymore.

• Senior Minion

^Agreed. And I hope they get rid of Kara, she's annoying!!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Ruthless Con Artist

Well, they just hired the uber famous J.Lo and Steven Tyler, so between that and the canning of Kara Dioguardi (thank God) I think this show is going to draw in a fair audience at least in the beginning, but whether it retains a big following throughout the season is going to depend on a lot of different factors. I just hope the group they select this year is A LOT more interesting than last season's bunch .
    Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

• Not a Crook

At this point they're just throwing crap at the wall and praying it sticks. Advertising J.Lo and Tyler will certainly get some initial interest, but they're sacrificing a cohesive judging team for big celebrity names. Also, if Lopez is as big of a diva as she was in recent years, I see that relationship not lasting very long.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ellen doesn't know anything about music. None of the other judges have had success as a musician either. Paula Abdul is the only one that did...and they got rid of her. Most of the judges intentionally insult and hurt the competitors. I've wanted this show to dry up and go away ever since it started. Looks like it is finally headed in that direction.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Ellen doesn't know anything about music. None of the other judges have had success as a musician either. Paula Abdul is the only one that did...and they got rid of her. Most of the judges intentionally insult and hurt the competitors.
    Not that I like to defend Idol, but "none of the other judges have had success as a musician" is false. Randy Jackson is an extremely experienced session musician and producer, who has worked with Journey and Aretha Franklin, among others, and won a Grammy. As a judge, he's pretty even keeled, and I don't think I've ever seem him "intentionally insult and hurt" contestants from the few times I've had to watch the show.

While Simon Cowell is not a musician, he has created, signed, or otherwise worked with many successful pop and novelty groups. I do think his ultra-negative, destructive criticism schtick is annoying, but it has definitely defined and contributed to much of the show's popularity.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    This show is not in a very good place right now. I see it being done pretty soon.
    Yeah she left a sinking ship
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    Not that I like to defend Idol, but "none of the other judges have had success as a musician" is false. Randy Jackson is an extremely experienced session musician and producer, who has worked with Journey and Aretha Franklin, among others, and won a Grammy. As a judge, he's pretty even keeled, and I don't think I've ever seem him "intentionally insult and hurt" contestants from the few times I've had to watch the show.

While Simon Cowell is not a musician, he has created, signed, or otherwise worked with many successful pop and novelty groups. I do think his ultra-negative, destructive criticism schtick is annoying, but it has definitely defined and contributed to much of the show's popularity.
    I stand corrected where Randy Jackson is concerned...although I prefer judges that have successful experience as a performer/writer or choreographer. Hope that his employment prospects in the future are many.

Simon Cowell feeds to the negatives in our human condition...as it is completely unclear whether he is just actiong or he really is ana%#@h#%@* It will be good riddence to the jerk-azoid. Hope his future employment prospects are few if any.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

The hiring of J.Lo insures that I will NEVER watch this show again.

• Animation Domination

I'm really glad that Ellen is leaving from American Idol. She did nothing but tell lame jokes that were not funny.
    "You are watching FOX"