• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Cool 'Millionaire' Changes This Season

I don't know how many people here still watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, but being a game show geek - I thought it would be good to share some of the upcoming changes this season.

First, the game has totally been changed. Instead of the questions being tied to the difficulty, it's randomized for the first 10 questions (round one). You may get an easy question that worth $25,000, or a hard one that's only worth $100. It mixes up the game quite a bit. Walk away and keep half your bank during these first 10 questions. The final four questions (round 2) play just like Classic Millionaire, and are worth $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 and $1,000,000.

Second, the lifelines have been tweaked. While Ask the Audience remains, the other two are now "Jump the Question". Which gives you the ability to skip any question. You don't get the money, but you pass right over it. Here's hoping the $25,000 question isn't skipped during round one!

The set has been spruced up, there's no more hot-seat, so the contestants and Meredith stand during the show. While the Hot Seat used to be tension filled, it became a little too comfortable - so this should ramp up the tension quite a bit. Also, there's no clock anymore, and a new music package.

This new season debuts on the 13th, and you can play a neat sample game of the new format over at the official website.

I was quite worried about these changes to the game that made me become a Game Show Geek, but I really like them - and think it's quite an improvement to the format.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: 'Millionaire' Changes This Season

I just played on line, and it appears that even if you use "Jump a Question", as long as you answer the 11th question correctly, you still win $100,000, not just double the amount you won in round one.

Also, when playing the on line game, you can use the "Jump a question" twice (if you didn't use them in round 1) in round 2, and still win the million dollars, as long as you answer the 14th question correctly, so you really only have to answer 12 questions correctly, in order to win the million dollars.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Also, when playing the on line game, you can use the "Jump a question" twice (if you didn't use them in round 1) in round 2, and still win the million dollars, as long as you answer the 14th question correctly, so you really only have to answer 12 questions correctly, in order to win the million dollars.
    The show works the same way. Jump is a double edged sword, because while it allows you to get to round 2 (the harder questions) faster, it doesn't increase your bank on the skipped in Round 1 - so if you need to walk later in Round 1 - you'll have less money to walk with.
    -Monorail Man

• Pilot EdForceOne

I had no idea this show was even still on...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

-Monorail Man