• Cars Land Rocks!

Jennifer Lopez appears to be new American Idol Judge

Looks like JLo will be a judge on American Idol after all.

Sep 14 2010 02:42 PM ET

Get ready to call her Jenny from the Fox (Broadcasting Company). Or maybe the $12 Million Woman. Jennifer Lopez will be joining the judges’ panel for the 10th season of the network’s ratings giant, American Idol, in a deal worth $12 million, according to an anonymous source who spoke to people.com. (The contract was first reported yesterday by deadline.com.)
    Jennifer Lopez's 'American Idol' deal valued at $12 million: Reports | EW.com

I think it is a good choice for a judge, I think she will be better than Kara, and way better than Ellen. I'm glad to see they went with someone who knows music, other than just the fact she likes to dance to it.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 09-15-2010 at 07:43 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Jennifer Lopez appears to be new American Idol Judge

Well, at least I can take one show off of my list (not that I watched much last year or was planning on watching once Simon left anyway). I have a feeling this is going to be the last year for Idol. It's not going to be very good.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Well, at least I can take one show off of my list (not that I watched much last year or was planning on watching once Simon left anyway). I have a feeling this is going to be the last year for Idol. It's not going to be very good.
    Greg, I tend to agree. I think Idol lost quite a bit in the last couple of years with the changes in the judges. I've watched the show since the start, and I've been to several finale shows, but probably watched all of two or three full episodes last season. I think Simon knew when to abandon ship. It will be almost impossible to recreate the original chemistry of all the judges. Of the last three female judges they've chosen, I think JLo is better than the previous choices.

• Ruthless Con Artist

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Looks like JLo will be a judge on American Idol after all.

Jennifer Lopez's 'American Idol' deal valued at $12 million: Reports | EW.com

I think it is a good choice for a judge, I think she will be better than Kara, and way better than Ellen. I'm glad to see they went with someone who knows music, other than just the fact she likes to dance to it.
    Well I'm just relieved it wasn't Shania Twain. Don't get me wrong, she's a fabulous singer/performer, but I thought she was really boring when she did that guest judge stint on the show. I'm not sure whether J.Lo or Steven will be enough to save the show; it'll depend on whether or not the general audience had enough of Simon's schtick or whether they'll never be able to get over him (I'm not really sure where I fall at this point).
    Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

And now they have announced that Steven Tyler will be the other judge joining J-Lo and Randy. I dunno about this - I think I'll watch the auditions but after that, I'll move on.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• Ruthless Con Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    And now they have announced that Steven Tyler will be the other judge joining J-Lo and Randy. I dunno about this - I think I'll watch the auditions but after that, I'll move on.

If the post-audition part of the season is just as boring as last year I might just stop too.
    Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.