Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Biggest Loser - Season 10

So who besides me is exciting for tonite's opening episode of the Biggest Loser?

I have often been confused about the "Season" in the title. It makes you think that the program has been on for ten years. Obviously a season does not mean a new year.

All Summer I have been loking forward to the program coming back.

I'll be watching, and I look forward to chatting with other Biggest Loser fans.

• no flash photography...

Re: The Biggest Loser - Season 10

I've tried watching it in the past. I doesn't really inspire me. The eating right and exercise part is good, but the whole "game" part is off putting. Maybe because I watched when that crazy woman was on, but yeah....it made the show unwatchable for me.

• MiceChat Travel Partner

I will be watching!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wow. It definitely isn't going to be boring. There's a lot of contestants there with a lot of heartbreak in their life. People over eat for all kinds of reasons. I know that a lot of people believe that Bob and Jillian are a bit sadistic. However, it take guts to stand up to them, and to the excess weight. I wish them all a lot of success as this new season starts.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I often wonder what my age would be based on my health. I am 63, so the majority of all these Biggest Loser contestants are a whole lot younger than me.

It's only the third week next week, and already they are dividing themselves up men against women, and perhaps young against old as well.

I was really surprised that they sent Allie home, because I thought it was going to be Tina. She reminds me a little of Liz from 2 seasons ago, although Liz had more spirit I think.

Things are already different. A lot of ways to cut the mustard, and not cut the mustard. The more the rules change, the more some things never change.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Usually by this time, I have formed an attachment to one or more of the contestants. I can say that that has not happened so far. I was really turned off by all of Bob's yelling this week. I know he cares about what he is doing, but he really got under my skin.

I guess the writing was on the wall that Tina would be the next one to go.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-07-2010 at 08:46 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

I just can't imagine working so hard to be on the Biggest Loser and then wanting to go home within 2 weeks. I do like that the contestants actually have a chance to save themselves this year if they fall below the yellow line, although I think the challenges should be more about fitness than digging through some sand and finding a brass ring. That leaves too much to chance.

As for emotional attachment, I'm currently rooting for Aaron, Patrick and Tina. All are wanting to be healthier for their kids so they will look up to them. I can certainly sympathize with that.

Interestingly enough, the Biggest Loser website shows the ones who didn't make it to the ranch as contestants ... wonder if they will come into play again this season.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I do like that the contestants actually have a chance to save themselves this year if they fall below the yellow line, although I think the challenges should be more about fitness than digging through some sand and finding a brass ring. That leaves too much to chance.
    I'm not sure if you've ever tried it... but digging in sand is used by a lot of trainers as an endurance builder... part of it is "chance" but digging through that much sand isn't exactly a picnic even for a healthy person, let alone someone who is obese!

What honestly bothers me is the heavy handed product placements. As this show has evolved it has become more about the product, and less about the actual contestants themselves.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

First of all the cupcake challenge was something that just a few decided to participate in. Adam won that, and immediately everyone seemed to line up to be against him in the future. As long as he continues to lose the weight, he has nothing to worry about. How long will he hold on to that increasing pound challenge? Next week it goes to two pounds.

Next week the weigh in goes to the end of the program. Next week, someone not given a Biggest Loser spot gets a 2nd chance.

I really liked Sophia, so I was disappointed to see that she fell below the red line tonite, and was immediately sent home. I also like Burgandy. It does appear that sometimes the stronger people go home earlier, because they don't need the ranch as much, or as longer as some of the others.

I really felt bad for Ada. What a tragedy. Hopefully she will continue to do well, and suceed on the ranch.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I'm not sure if you've ever tried it... but digging in sand is used by a lot of trainers as an endurance builder... part of it is "chance" but digging through that much sand isn't exactly a picnic even for a healthy person, let alone someone who is obese!

What honestly bothers me is the heavy handed product placements. As this show has evolved it has become more about the product, and less about the actual contestants themselves.
    I know it's hard ... I wasn't saying it wasn't. But the previous weeks challenge was a race and not really a chance. I mean, the one person didn't do much digging and kind of swooped in there and stole it from (I believe) Brendan. That's what bothered me.

Didn't watch last nights yet, will later today.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was a shocker tonite that they eliminated Rick. I think new player Anna did a great job picking the teams. There are players that I am beginning not to like, despite the fact that some of them gave up their letters from home.

Black and Blue. Great name. It sure tells the story. The game is starting to get ugly.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm sorry, there is NO WAY that Brendon didn't throw the weigh-in. He should have gone home on principal. But I'm glad they chose to keep Ana.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sometimes I scratch my head trying to figure out the logic used by some of these contestants. I know they are all looking out for themselves first, but last night Brendon should have been the one to leave in my opinion. He would have been the one that I would have voted off.

It was great to see how well Rick has already done at home. He looked really good. He was the top loser by percentage, and he was voted off the show. I guess perhaps that could be looked at as him being the biggest threat to everyone else, therefore he had to go.

Black versus Blue voting is definitely a tough time to survive.

• far, far away from DL

I thought it was a little early to start to get rid of the biggest threat. Brendon should have went home.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Adam was sent home, and quite frankly I am not surprised. It seems that the biggest threats are being sent home by these contestants. The logic behind these decisions are that these contestants will do well at home. Not a bad theory after all. Who needs the help the most? Anna, Jessica, Elizabeth, Aaron, and quite frankly I haven't bonded as well with this season's contestants as I did in the last two seasons that I watched. Except for perhaps Jessie. He seems to work hard, and is getting really good results. I'd like to see him remain for a long time.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-27-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast