Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• hi!

Re: The Office: Season 7-- "The Year of Michael Scott"

i miss Holly.. and Karen.. and David Wallace...... especially the pathetic version after he lost his job.
    -plagued

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

LOL 6 episodes in and we finally reached page 2 of this thread. I think the Office is quickly losing it's mojo.

I miss Holly to BTW plagued.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ep. 7 Christening

Spoiler
    I swear, this show takes more trips to the church than any other place. Up and down episode.

Toby (looking up at the cross) "Why you always so mean to me?"
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• =)

It amazes me how far this show has fallen. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer...but I've been re-watching every episode in order from season 2 on, and it still blows my mind to see the quality drop a little in season 4...and then it becomes only occasionally funny in season 5...and then it becomes outright annoying at times in season 6...and by season 7, the sense of humor has fundamentally changed from the amazingness of seasons 2 and 3. Sometimes I think I just imagine it...but then I re-watch the episodes, and the difference is huge.

I'll keep watching, though. Gotta find out what happens to the characters. And you never know when a little glimmer of classic The Office humor will leak through.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I'm kind of in the same boat. Each episode has a few chuckles, but is nowhere near as great as the first few seasons.

Everybody wanted Jim and Pam to get together so bad, but I really think that was pretty much the beginning of the end for the show. The only saving grace in the show anymore is Ed Helms.

• hi!

i agree.. since i'm so used to not laughing so much during episodes.. when i chuckle to myself a good 3 or 4 times recently, im fooled that it was a GREAT episode.

but nothing in comparison to the beginning seasons when i'd be laughing for the majority of the show.
    -plagued

• hi!

just watched this past episode.. i dont think i laughed at all

-plagued

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

I'm certainly on the same boat as you all are.

The writing has been horrendous since the end of season 4. Ironically, I think that when the show got new writers at the beginning of season 5.

anyway...Ep 8: Viewing Party

Spoiler
    Some funny moments in this one. I thought it was sweet at the end when Erin sort of admits that she sees Michael as a father figure. Sort of makes you wonder about her.

That's all I've got. Oh, thank God they caught the Scranton Strangler huh?
    Home away from Home.

• hi!

it's so weird and inconsistent how they make Erin seem extremely off and weird one day.. then incredibly normal and average the next
    -plagued

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ep 9: WUPHF.com

Spoiler
    This one was pretty good. Happy when Pam finally talked to Michael about his 'relationship' with Ryan and how it's a one-way relationship. Dwight's Hay Place was pretty much a waste of time, and I'm all but done tyring to figure out what Dwight and Angela are doing.

Jim's prank on Gabe at the end was great btw. Hopefully we see more of 'slacker' Jim!
    Home away from Home.

• hi!

i actually found this past week's episode to be pretty funny. possibly because of the amount of racism thrown in, but at the same time, my humor is pretty dark.
    -plagued

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Gotta get caught up on my episode recaps.

Ep 10 China...uh, we'll just skip this one.

Ep 11 Classy Christmas
    Spoiler
    Possibly the best episode from beginning to end in a couple of years. Loved the snowball fight between Dwight and Jim. Dwight getting his revenge on Jim after years of torment. The hiding in the snowman, the fake wigs (he has a wig for everyone in the office), the fake gift from Pam. And the finale, all those snowmen in the parking lot. That was awesome and creepy at the same time. "In the end the greatest snowball isn't a snowball at all. It's fear. Merry Christmas."--Dwight. Felt sorry for Michael in this one, but this is obviously not the end of Holly/Michael hooking back up.

Kevin's Toy Story theory made me crack up.
    Home away from Home.

• keh!

i actually really liked the Xmas episode. Dwight cracked me up so much, lol! i LOVED the wigs, hahahahaha!

• Rock Star Minion

I wish Michael were written more consistently (consistent with prior seasons). At present, I can't wait until next season. Really, what he did was pretty inexcusable, then again, Holly is quite weird. I feel the same as secretary what's-her-name: "I don't get it."

The state senator's, um, preferences, are going to play out interestingly.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I came over here to see if anyone has posted about The Office lately, but no - I guess kind of a sad statement on how the show is going this Season. Episodes are sure not like they used to be.

But, I loved the opening of this weeks episode (just watched it on Hulu this morning). The Office (American Version) meets The Office (British Version). Brillant!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast