Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: The Office: Season 7-- "The Year of Michael Scott"

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    But, I loved the opening of this weeks episode (just watched it on Hulu this morning). The Office (American Version) meets The Office (British Version). Brillant!
    I was disappointed. They I had seen it written about, I expected more of guest star role instead of cameo for Gervais.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^gotta agree I thought he would be in the whole episode it was funny and all but could have be better.
    The last two episodes have been very Funny and still hoping we have a few more episodes with Mr Scott since it is rumored he will be leaving 3 episodes early.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Just finished watching tonight's episode where he proposes to Holly. I really liked it and felt like he finally did something right. Having the sprinklers go off was a brilliant touch. And now we know why he's leaving.

Will Farrell? I guess this has been on the entertainment news but it was news to me. I'm not sure how I feel about that. What do you all think.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I was disappointed. They I had seen it written about, I expected more of guest star role instead of cameo for Gervais.
    Thank God it was only a cameo. that was painful.

LOVED last night's ep. It was so perfect!!!

Will Ferrel is going to be his replacement???
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• keh!

i thought they did a wonderful job with the proposal. very sweet and funny (with the sprinklers). it was very Michael Scott. brilliant!!

I have to say, as someone who finds Will Ferrell to me more annoying than funny, I love his character in The Office based on his first episode. Apparently he's only on through the end of the season, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him stick around.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by PrototypeX85 View Post
    I have to say, as someone who finds Will Ferrell to me more annoying than funny, I love his character in The Office based on his first episode. Apparently he's only on through the end of the season, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him stick around.
    I enjoy his character too.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

I didn't like tonight's episode very much, save for a few moments. The ending where all the employees sang the song the Michael almost brought a tear to my eye, though. I can't believe that we only have one more episode starring Steve Carell. I'm gonna miss his character so much.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That ep was not funny and not very good Sad to see him go though.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

I liked the episode last night, and thought it was the perfect way for him to go out ... and of course him mouthing "that's what she said" after he took off the microphone was classic.

The show didn't have quite as many laughs as one might expect and unfortunately I think the inclusion of Will Ferrel kind of took the attention from Steve Carell leaving ... but overall, I think it was a graceful exit.

Will be interesting to see where the show goes from here. The next few weeks will be filled with guest stars, which is fine ... the real test will be next season.

I really think the only person who I could see replacing Michael Scott is Ricky Gervais and I think it would be great.

Even with that though, I think the shows probably got another season in them.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The Show is over without Micheal Scott.....at first I wanted more but really who cares if Micheal is gone?
    Jim and Pam are living a perfect life, Andy and Erin will get togeather and really besides that not much else is happening No one can replace the character Steve Carell played...it might be based off the English Office but he Michal his own character. one of my all time favorite characters to watch and laugh with.

I just hope they can get Micheal back for the last Episode next year (unless they somehow turn the show around)

• keh!

the show had a few laughs, michael scott will surely be missed. my favorite goodbye was with pam. very nice way to end it. i like when he said "let me know if they ever air this"

I almost broke down crying at the Michael/Jim exchange. And then seeing him leave the office with everyone (except Jim) expecting him to come back the next day was an especially depressing moment. The show itself got me through a bad phase in my life, so it holds a special place in my heart. I'll still follow it, but the lack of Michael Scott isn't going to do the show any favors and I'll be surprised if we end up seeing a Season 9.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

That was a very well done farewell for Michael. I don't know how much I can follow the show now without Michael. Alot of good shows are still on the air like Modern Family, The Middle, Parks and Rec. But The Office will always have a special place in my heart.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How many sitcoms have tried to replace the primary character only for it to just fall flat and end up hurting the show's reputation? Has any sitcom lasted more than a season beyond this type of change? You would think the production companies would realize that they are just wasting their money.
    Well, it did take Bewitched a few years to bite the dust after the Darren switch. And then Happy Days saw the departure of Ron Howard, who was a major part of the plot lines along with the Fonz. Do you remember when Valerie Harper was fired from her show Valerie in the '80s? Valerie changed names to Valerie's Family and then to the Hogan Family as the Valerie Hogan character is written out as having died in a car accident and Aunt Sandy Hogan, played by Sandy Duncan, took over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123