• Banned User

NEW Wonder Woman TV show

Since the film version is debunked, Warner Bros. Television has announced a new Wonder Woman TV show, produced by David E. Kelley, who brought us Ally McBeal & other hit TV shows. No idea what the take on the character will be. There isn’t even confirmation that she’ll be the Diana Prince we all know and love with the same powers, much less who are the actresses lining up for the role.

Who ever plays the new Wonder Woman, has big boots to fill becuase there's only one Wonder Woman, and that's...

... Latina actress Lynda Carter.
    Source: David E. Kelley Bringing Wonder Woman to TV - Yahoo! TV Blog

• Banned User

Re: NEW Wonder Woman TV show...

Last edited by JMora; 10-19-2010 at 11:39 PM.

• Banned User

Had a feeling...
    Studios all pass on 'Wonder Woman' show

Saturday, January 8 2011, 10:12am ESTBy Tom Ayres, Comics Reporter

DC Comics

All of the major US broadcasters have reportedly declined to pick up the new Wonder Woman television series.

Back in October it was revealed that Warner Bros Television had teamed up with Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley in an attempt to bring the iconic DC Comics character back to the small screen.

However, according to Entertainment Weekly, all major networks have now passed on the project.

Despite this setback, the Wonder Woman team are apparently still keen to pursue the series but will not be "moving forward" at this stage.

Lynda Carter starred in a live action Wonder Woman series from 1975 to 1979 on both ABC and CBS. However, various attempts to relaunch the character on television since then have all failed.

• Banned User

We do get to see Wonder Woman this SEPT!
    Wonder Woman Pilot Picked Up by NBC

Wonder Woman heads to NBC

Two weeks ago, David E. Kelley shopped his proposed Wonder Woman [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]television [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]series[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to all the major networks, and was quickly met with silence. No one wanted to bring the DC Comics superhero back to life, and the project was shelved. Though this came as a disappointment to fans, Kelley remained optimistic and continued to pursue a network home for this long-gestating take on the crime fighting Amazonian.

[COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]NBC[/COLOR][/COLOR], the last network to pass on Wonder Woman, has now given the proposed hour-long action drama a pilot greenlight. This decision came after a regime change was officially in place at the network in the wake of Comcast's take over. NBC is now being overseen by Robert Greenblatt, the man responsible for revitalizing [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]Showtime[/COLOR][/COLOR] with series favorites Weeds and Dexter.

One of the factors that kept a network from picking-up Wonder Woman was the pilot's cost, as the licensing fee to bring the character back to life on television was quite hefty. Kelley's take on the property will be more serious, and less campy than the 1978 series, but he has still found a way to incorporate Wonder Woman's signature truth lasso, her bullet-deflecting cuffs, and her invisible plane.

The Wonder Woman pilot is set to air in September of 2011. If the pilot doesn't go to series, it is likely that the pilot will be shown as a two-hour [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important][COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]television [COLOR=#8FCC00 ! important]movie[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. The network certainly won't let it sit on a shelf, due to its expensive price tag, and we may see a launch pattern similar to what we saw with the Knight Rider reboot.

Sources: Entertainment Weely

• Banned User

Say hello to the new Wonder Woman
    Adrianne Palicki to Play Wonder Woman in NBC Pilot

8:30 PM 2/16/2011 by Kimberly Nordyke, Philiana Ng

Getty Images
    Adrianne Palicki

The "Friday Night Lights" star will play the lead in David E. Kelley's reinvention of the iconic DC Comics character.

Friday Night Lights star Adrianne Palicki is the new Wonder Woman.
    The actress has been cast as the title character in Wonder Woman, David E. Kelley's pilot for NBC.

The project, from David E. Kelley Prods. and Warner Bros. TV, is a retelling of the DC Comics title in which Wonder Woman (Palicki), a.k.a. Diana Prince, tries to balance her life as a vigilante crime fighter, a successful corporate executive and a modern woman.

Palicki, who appeared as Tyra Collete in the NBC/DirecTV series Friday Night Lights, stars in the upcoming Red Dawn. Her most recent series regular role was Fox's short-lived Texas-set drama Lone Star, which aired only two episodes last fall.

Palicki is repped by UTA, Anonymous Content and attorney David Fox.
    Kelley, who penned the pilot, and Bill D'Elia (Boston Legal, The Practice) are executive producing. Jeffrey Reiner (The Event) is set to direct.

Kelley, also behind freshman legal drama Harry's Law, had brought the project to the network once before, but NBC reportedly passed due to executive reshuffling.

At this year's winter Television Critics Assn. press tour, the veteran showrunner hinted to The Hollywood Reporter that the network, headed by new entertainment chief Bob Greenblatt, would be a "good home" for the project.

THR reported last October that WBTV was developing a modern-day TV reboot of the classic iconic heroine with Kelley attached.

The news had come after nearly a decade of Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver attempting to launch the property for the big screen. Several actresses had come into the fray during that time, including A-lister Angelina Jolie, and at one point, Joss Whedon was set to write and direct the film adaptation in 2005. (He has The Avengers on tap.)

Though the 1975-79 TV series starring Lynda Carter is the most memorable in pop culture, broadcast has had trouble developing a successful female-centric action series, with NBC's modernized Bionic Woman failing to grab viewers.

This pilot season, networks are looking again to popular franchises and formats. ABC is betting on a contemporary reboot of Charlie's Angels, while NBC is adapting British series Prime Suspect with Maria Bello finalizing a deal to play the lead role.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: NEW Wonder Woman TV show

FIRST PHOTO OF ADRIANNE PALICKI AS WONDER WOMAN

I've been reading the Wonder Woman comic book for the past few years, so the fact that her legs are covered up really didn't surprise me. Maybe I'm getting old and practical, but I'm buying the fact that it makes more sense than wearing a flat-out one-piece bathing suit again. My only dig against the new costume is its shiny-ness. But perhaps that speaks to the tone the new series will take…which kinda worries me more than the already announced premise.

• Banned User

My honest opinion, the costume looks really cheap and the fact that Wonder Woman is suspose to be beautiful an exotic Amazon secures the belief that Linda Carter (she is Latina) just maybe the only true real-life incarnation of Wonder Woman.

• Banned User

Linda Carter gives her opinion on the new Wonder Woman...

'Her body looks fantastic!' Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter left envious by new star Adrianne Palicki's sexy PVC costume
    By Daily Mail Reporter

Lynda Carter, who played the original Wonder Woman, has been left envious by new star Adrianne Palicki's sexy PVC costume.

The 59-year-old actress, who starred as the superhero in The New Adventures of Wonder Woman between 1975 and 1979, was stunned when she saw the first pictures of 27-year-old Palicki, who has poured her stunning curvaceous figure into a skintight red and blue outfit.

Carter told gossip website E! Online: 'I think she looks fabulous. It's a new look and, jeez, her body looks fantastic!'

New look: Adrianne Palicki squeezes her sexy curves into a skin-tight PVC suit to play Wonder Woman and right, Lynda Carter (and her big pants) in the original

The picture of Palicki was first revealed on the Entertainment Weekly site yesterday, leaving fans amazed by the updated new costume. And Carter said while she is thrilled the story of Wonder Woman is set to be told again, she said hopes fans won't be too harsh if they compare her to Palicki.

She said: 'I'm sure there will be people who say she looks better than me and like her better than me - and that's also fine. I'm very sensitive to the fact that she will be compared. There's no getting around it.'

The original... and the best? Carter in a scene from The New Adventures of Wonder Woman in the Seventies

Carter added she is 'very excited' about seeing the new series for the first time.
    In the new outfit, blue PVC pants have been substituted for the original big briefs, and the superhero's boots have been switched from red to blue.

Nemesis: Liz Hurley, pictured here on set in LA earlier this week, plays Wonder Woman's rival Veronica Cale

Palicki does however hold on to the bullet-proof bracelets, the famous star bejewelled headband and golden lasso. It was announced in February this year that lesser-known actress, 27, would step into the role that Carter made famous in the Seventies, for a new version of the show.

Palicki is better known in America for her role in the drama series Friday Night Lights, but has yet to make a household name for herself. The new show is written by writer and producer David E. Kelley, who brought Ally McBeal, Chicago Hope and Boston Legal to our screens.

The plot is described as 'a reinvention of the iconic D.C. comic in which Wonder Woman - aka Diana Prince - is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. No broadcast date has yet been given.

Many Hollywood actresses had been vying for the coveted role of Woman Woman - Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks, in particular. he 35-year-old, who is better known for her role as Joan Harris in the hit show, revealed her aspirations to play Wonder Woman during an interview with U.S. chat show host Rachel Ray.

Although the actress quashed speculation that she has been offered the role she was quick to outline that she would be eager to take it on. She said: ‘I heard that rumour too – I don’t know where it got started but I love it!’‘I've been wanting to wear that outfit my whole life! I'd love to [do it]. That would be such fun! Let's put it out there!’

But sadly for Hendricks, Palicki beat her to the role, and has already started filming with co-stars such as British actress, Elizabeth Hurley who will star as Veronica Cale Hurley recently revealed she was part of the show by posting on Twitter when she first got the role: 'Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot Wonder Woman'.

She added that she will be playing the lead character's nemesis saying: 'I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait'.
    Source: Lynda Carter envious of new Wonder Woman Adrianne Palicki's sexy PVC costume | Mail Online