Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Conan O'Brien on TBS

I am challenging myself to watch the next few episodes, out of fairness to myself and others here in this thread. I may ask a question or two about this or that to you, his fans. It's quite possible that I don't want someone new to be as good as or better than that, which I grew up with.

I don't want to have a closed mind about this.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• keh!

funniest part in tonight's episode, the hoarder, hahahaha! i couldn't stop laughing at her paranoid "don't touch my stuff!" expression. lol! and the crabs looked delicious : )

• Metal Head loves Disney

About to watch tonights episode, I missed the 11pm show since I was out tonight.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    funniest part in tonight's episode, the hoarder, hahahaha! i couldn't stop laughing at her paranoid "don't touch my stuff!" expression. lol! and the crabs looked delicious : )
    Ahahaha the hoarder was way too funny, and I'm glad the kind crabs welcomed him and not some buffoon from the Jersey shore.

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Leno, Letterman and Coco put together don't equal one Johnny Carson, in my view.

I will continue to give the show a glance from time to time, to see whatever it is I might be missing.
    I grew up watching Johnny Carson. I feel lucky to have watched Johnny's last 1/2 of his run hosting the Tonight Show. At 10 years old (and too young according to my Mom) I would watch Johnny and think he was very funny. During the next 15 years I enjoyed his humor and his style until his last show. Both Letterman and Conan were huge fans of Carson and molded a lot of what they do after him. We learned after Carson's death he was even still writing jokes and sending them to Letterman who would do them on his show.

Letterman always seemed like the natural replacement for Carson, so it surprised a lot of people when Leno got the job. Carson wanted Letterman to have the job, but as we know that was NBC first in a long line of bad decisions. I put up with Leno as a guest host for Carson, but even back then never thought he was that funny. That hasn't changed since then. As and added note, Carson only appeared on Letterman's show, never with Leno after he retired.

When Letterman moved to CBS and they brought in a virtual unknown to replace him on NBC he was certainly different. Conan always had his own style, but I started watching those first shows he did and ended up loving his humor. One of the funniest guest characters ever in my opinion was another unknown that was on the original Conan show. Amy Poehler played Andy Richter's little sister and I never laughed so much when she was on the show. After several appearances she went on to SNL, and of course we all know what happened after that. I think those kind of skits Conan has always done came right from Johnny Carson's shows.

Prior to the recent developments I would watch Leno occasionally, but only for his guests. Letterman and Conan always enticed me to tune it to see what they would do. If they had on a guest I like, that was an added bonus. Not everyone get's Conan's style, but there is still some of Johnny in what he does. I think a little updated to appeal to the younger audience he attracts.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 11-12-2010 at 09:27 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So far I've only seen the last part of last night's episode. The interview with the gal from Modern Family was kinda cute, but the "comic" he had on at the end, was not funny at all in my view.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• keh!

the comic had his moments. especially with that whole "you don't like fishing?!" bit and when he takes his shirt off, hahaha! also when it rains on him, nice touch.

• 60 Dazzling Years!

I love how they are using the new background. The return of the Carnival Slpendor cruise ship, then it sinking behind them I thought was funny.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Conan is exceptionally light on his feet. He could be a dancer, or an athlete of some sort. He has the moves.

The Hoarder is back!

• keh!

love the hoarder!!! hahaha. i like that they had a live turkey with her, lol.

• 60 Dazzling Years!

I missed last night's episode, and it wasn't recorded at work last night so I'll have to wait till I get home to watch it on demand, or when it is posted online. It is funny how some characters, like the hoarder become instant fan favorites.

• keh!

so is it confirmed that he can't use his old late night characters?

he did use the bear on day 1, but i haven't seen him do anything else, like In The Year 3000 which i would love to see. or even Triumph.

From what I remember, he doesn't have rights to Triumph so he won't be appearing anytime soon.

• keh!

but Robert Smigel does, right? or does NBC own Robert Smigel in that way?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast