Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Biggest Loser - Season Eleven

I often wonder how far ahead this show is taped? That might have something to do with the time lapse between when the contestant has left the show, and when they show the update. Last week the update was a little unusual with Jesse leaving, then Arthur leaving the following week. We already saw Jesse thinner, and then when all the contestants went home for two weeks, we saw Jesse heavier again.

I am only guessing here, but just how much do they screen the contestants? Are they perhaps screening the contestants differently? Of course, I am only into this program for a few seasons, but the contestants this season seem to be nicer than past ones. That probably sounds snobbish, but moral character is what I am talking about. Of course the show is so highly edited they only show us what they want us to see.

• Ready for takeoff

For some reason, this seems like the longest season ever and we still have like 12 people left.

And, according to the previews, there is a chance that no one is going to be eliminated.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I like the fact that so many people are still there. The last season seemed like it went way too quickly. This one is lower paced, and we are getting to know a little bit more about these people. It's nice that they are able to stay longer, and get more benefit from the help that the show provides. The previews from next week are all about the contestants all working together so that they can all stay another week, and that is good. I see that the following week has someone who was eliminated returning. That sounds pretty interesting.

The contestants are starting to show big difference from week one. Makeover week must be coming up really soon.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Marcie went home last night, and that was about what I figured would happen. She really looks like she doesn't have too much more weight to lose before she reaches her ideal weight. Did you notice when they did the update at the end, they didn't tell us her weight.

Next week people are coming back. The preview showed Allie getting a little miffed at the contestants. "This is not a prison", she said. Should be good.

I am actually enjoying this season, and the changes. I must admit that I sometimes read other people comments, other places on the internet, and many people don't like the new trainers, the Red Team, and the new focus on boxing rather than cardiovascular training.

I enjoyed the cooking portion of the show. I for one don't cook with any spices. I do like colorful food on my plate though. The small little commercials that they always throw in the show, in the kitchen, are always such common sense stuff they make me laugh.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Somehow I thought Justin would be there much longer than this. However, the way they keep reshuffling the deck, anything can happen. However, he was certainly right that Courtney needs to be at the ranch as long as possible. Considering that Courtney is from my part of the country, I am hoping that she makes it to the Final 4 for sure.

Next week, according to the previews, we are going to see two new people. Not sure why they would do this so late in the game, but then again they are running the show not us.

Moses daughter needs to grow up and stop acting like a baby. If she wanted to leave last night, she should have stood up to her dad and left. Sure, it hurts her teammates, but then again what will her attitude, and performance be from her on out, if she wants to be at home.

I know a lot of people have probably given up on this season by now, but I am enjoying it a lot. The before and after shots are very telling. These contestants are doing very well, and starting to look a whole lot better. Especially the girls, and Ken and his son whom I really like. I'd love to see father and son in the final 4.

Previews of Rulon eating in his room on next week's show. What's that all about? I guess I will find out next week.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was surprised to see Jen go last night. I guess her and Courtney weren't as prepared as they thought they were, when they suddenly found themselves on their own. Hannah and her sister Olivia, are really doing quite well. However the golden egg turned out to be useless, when Jen lost no weight.

Looks like Rulon may self destruct now that his buddy Justin is no longer around.

As the contestants fall one by one, it's interesting to see how the show comes up with new and interesting ways to challenge them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is turning out to be my favorite season so far. I haven't watched all the seasons. I came along late in the Game.

I was sorry to see Courtney go last week, and Moses this week. However, there is a common thread, and that is that they are leaving the show better people. Not that they wern't good people to begin with. The show teaches them valuable life lessons, as well as practical stuff, so that they can be successful in their battles against obesity.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was hoping that Ken and his son would both make it to the Final 4. That's means that the only couple intact is the purple sisters. Hannah surprises me with her sudden skittish attitude. She has been so strong up until now. All those daring adventures in New Zealand really made me admire the contestants. I would be so afraid to do any of those things. I am a big chicken. My sister was always the brave one. I don't even think my brother would have done any of that stuff.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Biggest Loser hour program last night seemed too rushed. I was not disappointed to see Rulon leave the show. I am wondering though, if he will show up at the Finale. Kaylee was the obvious choice to leave last night. Makeover week is next week, and that should be a lot of fun. The end is in sight.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last night's Biggest Loser program was like a Disneyland commercial. Each contestant received a makeover, and got to ride in a Cinderella coach. Three wishes was the theme of the show, although technically the contestants didn't do the wishing.

Everyone looked fantastic in their formal attire. Hannah went all out, and had her dark hair dyed blond. I thought Austin could have went a little bit shorter with his curly hair, although he did look great. He's still pulling big numbers too, which really pleases me.

I like all these people, and I hate to see any of them go home. Although, I think Jay has lost his edge. Even Jillian commented about that, before everyone was surprised with the third wish.

Nobody went home. I guess this might be a direct result of Rulon's sudden departure last week.

I want two hour episodes back. I'd much rather watch The Biggest Loser, than this new program The Voice.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-14-2011 at 04:17 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What did Bob Harper say tonite? This has been the best season ever on The Biggest Loser. I have to agree. I have really enjoyed it. I haven't been watching from the beginning. This is actually my 4th season, I believe.

They ended it a little differently. No marathon. Fine with me. It did get a little sappy with all that hugging, and self adoration. I guess they all deserve that. They have all done amazing things. I myself would not succeed at the ranch.

I look forward to the Finale, and really wish that Irene would win over the sisters. I don't see that happening though. It ought to be interesting to see who wins the At Home Prize.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12