Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Biggest Loser - Season Eleven

I am a fan of The Biggest Loser. I have been watching only since Season Eight. I like the couples seasons better than the other ones. Tonite we will meet 11 couples. Combinations of different types of couples. They all have one thing in common. They need to shed the weight. Many of them will claim if they don't lose the weight, they may just lose their lives.

Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels have become very popular trainers. Personally, they really scare me. I couldn't keep up with those two. They'd probably have me in tears, 5 minutes into the first workout.
    I understand this is Jillian's last season, and they are introducing two new trainers. I have read on the internet that if the contestants choose to work with the two new trainers they will get immunity for 4 weeks. Great deal. If I were brave enough to sign up for the show, I'd take that deal.

I will be watching tonite. How about you.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Biggest Loser - Season Eleven

Great first episode. I have already developed a strong like for certain teams. The Green, The Black, The purple, and Aqua. Courtney is especially strong.

The first episode brought on tears, and laughter, and it was emotional. I can see that it is going to be fun.

Parents sacrificing for their children. Not surprised the mom on orange wanted daughter Irene to stay, and got her wish.

I need to learn names. I am off to the official site to study names.

• Circle of Ancients

From the first episode, I got the impression that these teams are a LOT more serious about losing weight than the contestants last season. This is a GOOD thing. But it typically takes them a few weeks to get in "Gameplay" mode.

I thought the twist was interesting, I don't understand how anybody could turn down 4 weeks of immunity to train with Bob and Jillian. Don't they get that after the 4 weeks they will most likely get to train with them anyway? And the results that they were getting with the other trainers, doesn't look like they are missing anything.

I have a few favorites so far, but I don't know their names.

The interesting one, to me, is the lady that owns a Dairy Queen and a Gym. I think this is a metaphor for something a LOT of us struggle with (myself included). I have the exercise part down, I run 60-70 miles a month, have been running 1/2 marathons, etc ... but I don't really "diet" and have a habit of eating too much.

I still wish they would have a season with just "normal" overweight people (people that have been losing weight but have to lose less than 50lbs to reach their goal) and not just the "morbidly obese". Even a shortened season, call it something like "Biggest Loser Final Pounds" or something.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 01-06-2011 at 07:18 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I agree with a show idea for people who are about 50 pounds overweight. That would be me. I consider myself overweight, but I am relatively healthy. I need to motivate myself more to exercise. I admit to liking the sweets too much, but my weight goes up and down according to how much I have given in to my sugar cravings. I believe to be on The Biggest Loser, you have to be at least 100 pounds overweight.

Courtney is actually part of the Aqua team, and they featured her and her mom on our local news shows here in Chicago. I didn't realize they were from the midwest when they introduced them. I really like Courtney's drive.

I, too, would have taken the 4 weeks immunity. Next weeks's episode looks good. It looks like they are going to have the Bob and Jillian group competing against the new trainers results next week.

I guess game playing will come soon enough, but so far episode one was a lot of fun to watch. I admire these people for fighting to get their bodies back to where they should be.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Nobody went home this week. The Unknowns competed with the Ranch team, and the Ranch team did well enought to earn their immunity.

What's up with Jillian? Are they writing in something that will explain her leaving the show after this season. Or is this really how the entire exit played ou.

Gotta love the spirit of the Ranch team. I really like all the contestants so far. It will be good to learn a little about the unkown teams after the 4 weeks are up.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I like the absence of negative game playing so far on this season of The Biggest Loser. So far people are helping each other out. Although there are a lot of contestants "Calling Each Other Out".

The epiosde finally introduced us to the new trainers. The contestants have expressed good feelings about training with them. I often wonder how much of this is totally scripted for the at home audience. I can easily see how things are slanted for those of us watching this on TV.

The health numbers are scary. I wonder what my number would be in my 63 year old body. My mom lived to be 82, but my dad and brother died at about 1/2 that age due to bad choices.

Dan and Don are the two police officers who are twins, and last night I did a double take when they both gained 9 pounds. Quite frankly, I wanted to see both of them sent home at that point. I felt that earlier in the show they were picked on by the trainers Bob and Jillian. But how does anyone on The Biggest Loser with all that training gain that much weight? Certain things are done, and said, to motivate these contestants and get them losing weight. I guess the plan, this week, backfired big time.

SO Dan goes home, and we see that he is successful in the comfort of his loving family. It will be interesting to see just how long Don lasts in the now hostile environment that Bob and Jillian are going to provide.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We got a 1/2 episode tonite, and quite frankly, I would have been happy if they had just taken the week off all together. Next week I hope to be watching at my hotel room in Anaheim. Or I just may skip it all together, and catch it the following week. Hopefully I can catch up to what I may miss.

• Circle of Ancients

Need to play catch up for the past couple of weeks, but I will echo your "Wish they would have taken the week off" sentiment. It was a nothing episode except for Jillian going off on Dan (or is it Don?).

Speaking of Dan and Don ... HOW do you gain 9 pounds in a week on the Biggest Loser? I could sit on my butt for a week, eating McDonald's for breakfast lunch and dinner and probably not gain 9 pounds.

And it looks like somebody else (or is it Dan/Don) gains some more weight. Judging by their reaction, I'm going to go with D/D.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed the full episode of the show tonite. I admire the green team.. So glad they did well after Arthur doublecrossed them.

It's getting interesting. Not surprised that Q was sent home, since his teammates expected bigger numbers from him.

A lot of integrity from these contestants. I like that. It's like a total about face from last season.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-18-2011 at 03:53 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess the writing was on the wall that the actions of Arthur would indeed hurt the Green Team. Jen, and her dad Jay are hard workers, and it's a shame that Jay had to be separated from his daughter on the last televised episode of the Biggest Loser. I was surprised that Arthur was not the one chosen, as having his weight not counting in the weigh in. That just didn't compute for me.

The teams claim to be families. However, as this thing plays out, and people are eliminated, it will be interesting to see how loyalties will line up.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Parents and their children. That was the focus of this night's show. I sometimes wonder just how much of this is just scripted for television, and how much is really how it happened. They obviously want to downplay the gameplay aspect of the show, considering how much that went on last season. However, did every single one of the parents on the Black team really have to throw the weigh in?

I honestly had more respect for Moses, and his daughter on the red team. I felt sadness for Jen when I saw that she had gained weight, because she's obviously working very very hard.

However, two parents went home from the black team, and they seemed fine with that, so who am I to pass judgement on their methods.

Never boring. Definitely never that.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm kind of torn with last nights episode. As a parent, I would absolutely do anything for my children, but on the other hand teaching your parents to "go down fighting" as it were is also admirable.

I don't think they all had to throw the weigh-in and IMO during the "vote" the wrong parent went home. Jesse needed to stay more than Marci did.

If Courtney REALLY wanted to show sacrifice, and be like her Mom, she should have voted for her. So to me, at the end, was just a lot of talk.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Another very emotional episode last night. The thing that stands out in my mind is Bob's comment at the end about how alliances shouldn't be the main focus over who needs to be there the most. Despite that, Arthur was still sent home. I won't comment about that directly since in the end, everyone needs to stand on their own to be successful. Excuses are easy, and success can be had, if we truly want it. It has been proven over and over again on this show.

The process is a long one, and the results don't happen overnight.

I am enjoying this season a lot. What are we, about 1/2 way through now?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The show again last night was very emotional. How can we not care about these people, when it's so obvious how much they care about each other?

Marcie obviously sat Courtney out of the challenge last night because she is the heaviest of the girls, and had the biggest chance of slipping off into the mud. She had to make a decision, and I think it was a good one. On the other hand, she was overly optimistic about the weigh-in and it cost Sara.

I like the Black team more than the Red team at this point in time, but I am starting to really like their trainers. They are obviously very caring people in the same way that Bob and Jillian are. I wonder how Jillian's departure is going to be done. 3 trainers next year? Perhaps a new 4th? I've been wondering about that.

• Circle of Ancients

Is it just me, or do most of the contestants seem to be doing better after they get home this year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast