• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

American Idol Season 10 Discussion Thread - The Last Gasp?

The question may be answered, by the fact that I am the one starting this thread, entering the second week the show is on the air.

I missed the first night of auditions, and the second night from New Orleans had some talent.

But without Paula, and especially without Simon, this show - seems to be grasping for straws to say the least.

I like Aerosmith, but - Steven Tyler? And J-Lo? And Randy in Simon's chair?

If someone else started a new thread, I apologize. I did search.

Your comments welcome, all season, Who will become the next American Idol?

Will they be - the last American Idol?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: American Idol Season 10 Discussion Thread - The Last Gasp?

i highly doubt it will be the last american idol, but i think it all depends on how well this season does. i find myself laughing at Steven Tyler A LOT and i thought he was gonna be terrible. so we'll just have to wait and see
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I like it. I think they have put a lot of good talent through and a lot of not good talent through.

I like JLo. Stephen is ok... he needs to stop singing and stop leering at the pretty girls. They really need a hard "no" person... that is the issue I see.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I like it. I think they have put a lot of good talent through and a lot of not good talent through.

I like JLo. Stephen is ok... he needs to stop singing and stop leering at the pretty girls. They really need a hard "no" person... that is the issue I see.
    Isn't that the role Simon played? And isn't that the reason a lot of people tuned in? Maybe I've got it all wrong.

I admit I did not see or record this week's episodes.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i wasn't really interested in watching this season at all, but i kept it on my DVR to see if it would be worth it, and i gotta say how much i LOVE steven tyler on the show. he makes me laugh, but he also seems to be the one that is truely listening the most to the contestants. i love when they cut to him on camera and you see him at the desk with his eyes shut really listening to the auditions

will i continue to watch? maybe..if there's a contestant that strikes my fancy after they're narrowed down
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I was just sitting here watching this weeks episode on my DVR and the like first guy who they showed in San Fran, a guy named Clint from Long Beach in thick black frame glasses is someone I know. He's a regular (or at least was..i haven't been in a while) at karaoke in Upland. In fact I was a judge at a karaoke contest where he won and then went and saw him at the finals where he won $1000. I had no idea he was going to be on it be on it but he is an awesome guy, a great singer and I will be watching and rooting for him. The song he picked for his audition is not even the best song for him. I've seen him do much better performances at El Toritto. He blew the judges of the finals away who were obviously not a fan of him BEFORE he started singing. He comes off at first in person as a quiet shy guy but hand him a mic and he can blow you away.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

Barry, I LOVE that Steven Tyler is one of the judges. He is hilarious. I rarely watch tv but I happened to see one of the episodes and it made he made me want to watch more episodes. What night and what time is it usually on?

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I was curious myself...i dvr it so i looked just now. Wednesday & Thursday 8/7c on FOX
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter