•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Pokemon - Ash Ketchum is still just 10 years old

I have been watching Pokemon cartoons for just about as long as they have been on television I guess. I am sure I should probably grow up some time soon, and watch something more age appropriate. However, I admit to liking the cartoon series now, just as much as I liked it when my young grandson introduced me to it way back when.

I was a little puzzled at first as to what exactly was going on. Pokemon? What exactly was a pokemon? I didn't know the answer way back when, but I do indeed know the answer now.

Pokemon are living breathing creatures that live alongside humans. Humans catch them, and keep them in small balls called pokeballs. However, the pokemon have personalities just like humans, and inevitably pokemon and human become friends. There are countless different kinds and varieties of these creatures. They battle each other, and never die, just faint and come back to battle another day.

Ash Ketchum is a 10 year old boy, and the hero of the story. Way back on that very first episode, he was off to get his first starter pokemon from Professor Oak. However, in all his excitement he overslept. He should have had a choice between a grass type Bulbasaur, a water type Squirtle, and
    a fire type Charmander. Since he arrived too late, Professor Oak only had one pokemon left to offer Ash. That pokemon was the electric type Pikachu. Ash and Pikachu had a rocky start. First of all Pikachu refused to stay in his pokeball. He refused to listen to Ash. It wasn't until Pikachu became very ill that he learned to trust and eventually love the boy Ash Ketchum.

Ash and Pikachu have been on many many journeys together. Pokemon were numbered back then at about 150. There are now about 650 varieties.

I just watched the brand new premiere episode of Pokemon Black and White the other day, and Ash Ketchum is still being portrayed as a 10 year old boy.

I am still watching. I love the program. I guess in some ways I too will never grow up. The same way Ash hasn't. The same way he still gets excited at all the different new and unusual pokemon that he encounters.

The added bonus of the show are the villainous Team Rocket crew. Jessie, James, and their talking pokemon Meowth steal the show many a day. They are friends to each other, rivals to Ash, and pretty incompetent. However, they make me laugh as much today as they did way back when I first heard their Rocket spiel.

I'll be watching, and I guess in less than a month's time, I'll be playing the new Pokemon Black, and/or White game on DS.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Pokemon - Ash Ketchum is still just 10 years old

Yeah I as well Have been watching Pokemon send day one. I was shock to hear that they are still having Ash as a 10 year old. I will miss Brook and Wobbuffet the most from this new season.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I loved the Show up to the end of the Orange Islands then....they started getting into the new Pokemon and I was done (also enjoyed the first 2 movies)
    I might get the Black/White Video game one day...but I am still waiting for a 3D remake of Red/blue on Wii...that would be too amazing of a game

• (Not a) New User

It is sad Brock left. It was always funny watching him get hypnotized by girls only to get rejected

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tomorrow is the day that I go pick up my preordered games, Pokemon Black and White. My grandson and I are going to play both versions. By that, I mean he will play either Black or White, and then I will play the other one. I am excited to be playing a brand new Pokemon game with brand new Pokemon. I understand that none of the old pokemon will be introduced until after the usual Elite 4 victory.

I also ordered the guidebook, which is always helpful. It usually has a pokedex with info on the games pokemon, and it helps make the journey go a whole lot smoother, than just walking aimlessly around.

I am excited for tomorrow.

• (Not a) New User

The guidebook for Black and White was kind of disappointing. There is no full Pokedex that tells you where you can find each Pokemon, what moves they can learn and at what levels, etc, like the books for previous Pokemon games. Instead, they're selling that as a separate book for another $20. It has nice tips for training and evolving, but I was really expecting there to be a bestiary, as I believe it's called. It was much more convient to have it all in one book.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have found the game very challenging so far. It's actually been quite fun to discover these pokemon as I run into them. I have done a little online research which has helped with type, and evolution information. In the grand scheme of things, I can wit another month for the 2nd guidebook. I am sure that I will be playing these games for quite a while.

• Banned User

Exclamation Re: Pokemon - Ash Ketchum is still just 10 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been watching Pokemon cartoons for just about as long as they have been on television I guess. I am sure I should probably grow up some time soon, and watch something more age appropriate. However, I admit to liking the cartoon series now, just as much as I liked it when my young grandson introduced me to it way back when.

I was a little puzzled at first as to what exactly was going on. Pokemon? What exactly was a pokemon? I didn't know the answer way back when, but I do indeed know the answer now.

Pokemon are living breathing creatures that live alongside humans. Humans catch them, and keep them in small balls called pokeballs. However, the pokemon have personalities just like humans, and inevitably pokemon and human become friends. There are countless different kinds and varieties of these creatures. They battle each other, and never die, just faint and come back to battle another day.

Ash Ketchum is a 10 year old boy, and the hero of the story. Way back on that very first episode, he was off to get his first starter pokemon from Professor Oak. However, in all his excitement he overslept. He should have had a choice between a grass type Bulbasaur, a water type Squirtle, and
    a fire type Charmander. Since he arrived too late, Professor Oak only had one pokemon left to offer Ash. That pokemon was the electric type Pikachu. Ash and Pikachu had a rocky start. First of all Pikachu refused to stay in his pokeball. He refused to listen to Ash. It wasn't until Pikachu became very ill that he learned to trust and eventually love the boy Ash Ketchum.

Ash and Pikachu have been on many many journeys together. Pokemon were numbered back then at about 150. There are now about 650 varieties.

I just watched the brand new premiere episode of Pokemon Black and White the other day, and Ash Ketchum is still being portrayed as a 10 year old boy.

I am still watching. I love the program. I guess in some ways I too will never grow up. The same way Ash hasn't. The same way he still gets excited at all the different new and unusual pokemon that he encounters.

The added bonus of the show are the villainous Team Rocket crew. Jessie, James, and their talking pokemon Meowth steal the show many a day. They are friends to each other, rivals to Ash, and pretty incompetent. However, they make me laugh as much today as they did way back when I first heard their Rocket spiel.

I'll be watching, and I guess in less than a month's time, I'll be playing the new Pokemon Black, and/or White game on DS.
    I agree, I especially loved the reference to Bargain Hunt, in episode 34, "I will become the greatest breeder of all time" Excellent quote! I have 2 recordings of the moment and I have them framed and placed on my wall!

"I will become the greatest breeder of all time" - Bargain Hunt/Digimon