• Former CM

Any Smallville fans here?

I'm a die-hard just wondering if anyone on the boards here is a fan too!

It all ends this Friday! 10 whole years!

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Any Smallville fans here?

I was a huge Smallville fan when the show started. I think it had one of the best pilots of a TV series that I had seen at that time. I believe the only other pilot as good was LOST. I had met Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) just before the show started. The current show he was on was ending, and I told him I was sorry to hear that, but he promised me he had something else good on the way. Of course I was very happy to see him playing Lex on Smallville. I enjoyed the earlier episodes more than as the show went on. I did watch the show for several years. My only real dislike with the show, was focusing too much on Kryptonite (metor rocks) in just about every episode.

I lost a lot of interest in the show with the loss of Michael Rosenbaum and Kristen Kreuk (Lana Lang). The show didn't seem as focused and I really didn't like all the addition of the other superheros. Though I continued watching the show. I watched only various episodes of seasons 8 and 9, and have not watched any episodes of season 10. I will watch the finale.

• Disneyland PAP

I watched it at the beginning before slowing losing interest. The teenage stuff and general hokiness of the relationships were definitely out of my age demographic, lol (I'm 40-something). And as a comic book fan, I really got turned off when Lois and Oliver started dating. But I got suckered back in during season 8 I think it was when they brought in the Legion of Super-Heroes, written by Geoff Johns, who's main job these days is writing comic books anyway. So I've watched every ep of the final three seasons. My favorite moments are Lois and Clark. Durance is outstanding as Lois! Don't really have high hopes for the series finale but I hope to be decently entertained.

• Cars Land Rocks!

When a series come to a conclusion, it is always difficult to tie up all the loose ends. I though they did a decent job ending the show. I especially liked how the series ended almost mirroring the beginning of the Superman movies, complete with John Williams great musical score.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have watched the series, on and off from the beginning. It got a little complicated, and way too supernatural for my liking. I did catch the last half of the last episode, and I did enjoy that. I always loved the actor who played Lex Luthor. Of course in the end Superman finally saved the day, and dons his Superman attire. The stuff at the end at the Daily Planet was great. I did like all the flash back scenes, many of which I enjoyed, first hand, over the years.

• -

I was overall happy with the last episode. I think that the CGI of Clark flying looked too CGI. Also, the last scene of him changing into Superman in slow motion was too slow. I think that the slow-mo was appropriate, but it just needed to be a little faster.

Finally, I think it would have been cool if they did a nod to the movies and had him flying over the Earth at the end and smiling at the camera.

Overall, I did feel that the episode was well done. The show will definitely be missed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

*raises hand*

Imma miss this show.

I love Smallville! (Or should I say loved...?) Wish it didn't end!

I love to watch Smallville. Do anyone know when its next season gonna air?