Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Your yard goes Disney(land)!!! What you would do?

So if you havent seen the new show on hgtv, its where disney works with families and redo their backyard.

So i want to to know what you would do if you could have the ultimate disney backyard. It can be so far out, be creative.

I think i would have a disney themed pool to the jungle cruise with overgrown shrubs and lots of cool hidden features that would jump at you in the bushes near the pool. I would also put some of those awesome tiki torches near the entrance of adventureland and put in a firepit to tell stories. It would feel like my own little jungle in the backyard.

Tell me what you would do for your disney backyard.
    <font size=4> </font>

Re: Your yard goes Disney(land)!!! What you would do?

I would love to have a Pirates/New Orleans Square style backyard, with a flowing river like the Pirates one and all the decor of the ride with some aspect of New Orleans Square. Also a Wonderland backyard would be awesome too!

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1997 View Post
    I would love to have a Pirates/New Orleans Square style backyard, with a flowing river like the Pirates one and all the decor of the ride with some aspect of New Orleans Square. Also a Wonderland backyard would be awesome too!
    totally agree with the pirates theme too, i absolutely love that area of the park as well. its such a hard decision
    <font size=4> </font>

• Minion

I would love to create a railroad that winds through the yard and goes past different aspects of the parks.

For example, you could board the miniature train on a miniature Main Street station, wind through a wonderland garden, 7 feet tall recreations of Big Thunder, New Orleans Square, SBC, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones temple, and go between the layered facades of Small World, just like the park. I wish I had room in my backyard to do something like this... Maybe when I'm older....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I would have to invest in real estate as I would need many backyards. What show is this on HGTV? I haven't caught it (not that I would, I don't watch
    HGTV)

edit: Nevermind, I found it, it's "My Yard Goes Disney" and is on HGTV on Mondays 8/7c. My Yard Goes Disney : Brandon Johnson : Home & Garden Television

Now I have to think about it because the Disney parks are so diverse it would be hard to choose just one theme.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

^ It's on Mondays at 5 (Pacific Time) and it's called "My Yard Goes Disney". It's pretty neat. There have only been 3 episodes and they have all been based off Walt Disney World, but I hope they do one for the DLR sometime soon!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Thanks, I never heard of it, I'll have to record it and check it out. Thanks.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Disney Obsessed

well does it have to be park themed? because Ariel is my fave. I would want an awesome pool with a swim through cave on one side that when you go inside its like her treasures cave.. and even under the water there are cool features of her cave and her trinkets ( maybe Sebastian stuck in the ring??) and on the other end (of clearly a freaking HUGE pool) a half sunken ship that has an awesome diving board/plank and again you can swim through it and find more treasures and it would need a port hole with flounder stuck in it the patio would have an under the sea feel to it with rock/coral fixtures making benches and a grill and a bar.. and the many singing fish atop some of them.... and when the timer sprinklers go off (only at night to save water!) the sprinklers coming out of the ground? those fish from kiss the girl! (have yet to ride the ride in DCA but i dont find them vulgar at al..) and they will spit water out of their mouth into my yard.

thats my disney back yard

• Minion

this is a hard one umm i since we already have a pool and only rocks around i think i would want something adventure land or tropical like the tiki rm

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    So if you havent seen the new show on hgtv, its where disney works with families and redo their backyard.

So i want to to know what you would do if you could have the ultimate disney backyard. It can be so far out, be creative.

I think i would have a disney themed pool to the jungle cruise with overgrown shrubs and lots of cool hidden features that would jump at you in the bushes near the pool. I would also put some of those awesome tiki torches near the entrance of adventureland and put in a firepit to tell stories. It would feel like my own little jungle in the backyard.

Tell me what you would do for your disney backyard.
    Do you get to choose your own theme (I know that a lot of HGTV remake programs go in with their own designs)? Are the designs based on whatever props Disney has in their warehouse. I recall a promo clip that indicated that the design was developed by WDW's Imagineering group.

• -

I would have a giant river pool and in the center, the original Tom Sawyer's Island full size and complete with Ft Wilderness. My backyard bar would be located in the fort.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would have a giant river pool and in the center, the original Tom Sawyer's Island full size and complete with Ft Wilderness. My backyard bar would be located in the fort.
    omg i love that idea. never even thought about that.
    <font size=4> </font>

World of Color.

• Insomniac

1960-1970's Tomorrowland with a two person people mover that gives a birds eye view of the backyard. A Space Mountain themed Home Theater with the seats as actual modified SM cars. Submarine Pool with a 20,000 leagues Nautilus recreation that allows you to look through the port holes and see a miniature Atlantis and "Giant" squid at the bottom of the pool. The pool would also have a miniature version of the Monorail slides that is now at Disneyland Hotel. A miniature Skyway that can carry food from the kitchen to the Home Theater (popcorn, soda, ect.). Autopia track with 4 working go-karts/ snow mobiles for the winter since I live in Utah, but no guiding track so you can actually race! A design studio made to resemble the Circle Vision Theater with multiple projectors mounted in the ceiling to give a 360 look at panoramas of Tomorrowland how it looked in the 1970's, the original Circle Vision video, the Canada World Showcase video, the short lived Rocket Rods line video, ect. Sitting just next to my desk would be a recreation animatronic of the dog from Carousel of Progress that would bark, sit up, beg, ect. when the command was given via hand gestures using technology from Kinect. Just outside my design studio would be a Miniature Rocket to the Moon Rocket with lighting effects/ fog effects that go off following a countdown. For my nieces I would put in a playhouse themed to look like the House of the Future. I'd also have a full sized basketball court themed to Flying Saucers!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I would want to totally go with a jungle/tiki theme! Of course, living in the desert it would be hard to maintain... my water bill would be killer.... but darn it would be fun to have!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast