Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Former Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    264

    Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Wasn't sure where else to post the question, but given the incredible interest in all things Disney evidenced by all the Disney blogs, forums, etc. Would a cable channel that was strictly Vault Disney not get an audience?

    I am sure there are those who remember when Disney Channel had Vault Disney on late at night and you got to see such great stuff.

    I'd love the see the Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin again, Emil and the Detectives, Gallagher, Swamp Fox, the "I'm No Fool" series, Johnny Tremain, all the great years of the various iterations of the Wonderful World of Color. How many young Disney fans have never seen Old Yeller or Toby Tyler? Or even Pollyana and the Moonspinners? What about The Boatniks? All the great Kurt Russel and Dean Jones movies? The Apple Dumpling Gang?

    Some of the shows were cheesy, but some were classics.

    So why not a Vault Disney Channel? Or even get some play on the ABC Family Channel?

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,636

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremys View Post
    So why not a Vault Disney Channel? Or even get some play on the ABC Family Channel?
    Unfortunately, the reason these aren't played is because of a lack of interest in the general public. People would rather watch a stupid, teenie-bop show with their kids than classic Disney entertainment.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    People would rather watch a stupid, teenie-bop show with their kids than classic Disney entertainment.
    I disagree with this. I don't know many people who prefer Hannah Montana over Mickey Mouse or Talespin.

  4. #4

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,127

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    I'd gather it's because they're not as bankable as Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers. Sad, but true.
    I've seen comments on this very forum maligning the Disney of old. If it doesnt appeal to a young demographic, which translates to $$$, it's not worth it to cultivate.

    I'd love a Vault Disney channel on Youtube if someone would start one.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  5. #5

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,530

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I'd gather it's because they're not as bankable as Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers. Sad, but true.
    I've seen comments on this very forum maligning the Disney of old. If it doesnt appeal to a young demographic, which translates to $$$, it's not worth it to cultivate.

    I'd love a Vault Disney channel on Youtube if someone would start one.

    Sad indeed. I remembered as a kid that I would wake up at 4am just to watch Vault Disney.

    If you search around Youtube, some members have uploaded some classic Disney cartoons.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,636

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I disagree with this. I don't know many people who prefer Hannah Montana over Mickey Mouse or Talespin.
    Unfortunately, my younger sister is one of them...

    Along with a lot of her friends. They all would rather watch Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, or Selena Gomez over classic Disney. I have talked to all of her friend's parents and they all talk about how they love to have "family TV night" with Disney Channel or Nickelodeon crap.

  7. #7

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,127
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,039

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    The Hallmark Channel often shows several of Disney's older movies. I'm sure Pollyanna, as well as all 3 Parent Trap Movies were on one of the cable channels recently

  9. #9

    • D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NO CALIF
    Posts
    740

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    its kinda sad that Hallmark Channel is showing old Disney films insead of a Disney owned Channel.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,084

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    >>Unfortunately, the reason these aren't played is because of a lack of interest in the general public.<<

    Lack of demand is only because Disney has chosen NOT to perpetuate an interest in these shows going back to the 90's - - if kids didn't see them growing up, they don't have a nostalgic demand for it. Demand has to be resold, recreated for new eyes or it fades over time. In prior decades, already very old films (animated or otherwise) were always represented to each new generation - and resold energetically as evergreen along with the new programs -- which passed the Disney "heart" along to the next gen. To abandon that policy sort of kills the goose that laid the golden egg. They need to reintroduce the best classics as part of the overall Disney mix, not just as moldy-oldies for D23 members. Kids still like 'em if they see 'em and only then can they pass it forward.

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    What I miss most about Vault Disney (probably because I remember it the best) is the clip below:

    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  12. #12

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,127

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Yeah, I liked that intro too.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  13. #13

    • Blew By You
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    I'll admit to watching the Avonlea series on the old Disney Channel. The scenery of Prince Edward's Island was incredible. The simple story line was just what I needed to relax. Then add the features of Vault Disney, I'd say that Disney Channel was on cue to its fans. Too bad both have been thrown under the bus tires in the name of profit.

  14. #14

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    What I miss most about Vault Disney (probably because I remember it the best) is the clip below:


    Hey You remembered me some good old days! Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. a vault disney channel will it ever happen?
    By poohcornerfan in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 09:49 AM
  2. How Vault Disney Channel Would Be Scheduled
    By mouseinphilly in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
  3. Question: Should Disney Have A "Vault Disney Channel"?
    By mouseinphilly in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:05 AM
  4. Vault Disney Channel?
    By Soulquarian in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 07:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •