Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Thats right folks, the Syfy channel (which has been in a downward spiral ever since Comcast bought out NBC/Universal. They cancelled Stargate SG1 after season 10 (which should have gone at least 1 more season), Stargate Atlantis got the axe next which could have gone at least 1 or 2 more years before getting stale. Then it really came down last winter when they cancelled SGU and Caprica, in SGU's case the actors found out from their fans via twitter before the network could let them know. Now syfy is at it again, they have cancelled their "golden child" Eureka which is airing season 4.5 right now and will air season 5 next summer. Warehouse 13 and Sanctuary both got picked renewed for their 4th seasons.

    At this point Syfy/Scifi has yet to ai an original scripted drama for more then 5 seasons (even though SG1 was on its 10th season total, only seasons 6-10 were on SciFi).

    Source: GateWorld Syfy cancels summer veteran Eureka
    GateWorld Syfy renews Warehouse 13 for Season Four

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    183

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    I just started watching Eureka. I like it and was planning on following it. Too bad it's cancelled, I wish I would have watched it from the beginning. Sad, another good show going off the air.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer10 View Post
    I just started watching Eureka. I like it and was planning on following it. Too bad it's cancelled, I wish I would have watched it from the beginning. Sad, another good show going off the air.
    you still have the rest of this season, a christmas episode in December, and then all of next summer to look forward too.
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    183

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    you still have the rest of this season, a christmas episode in December, and then all of next summer to look forward too.
    You're right . I just wish they would cancel other shows instead.

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer10 View Post
    You're right . I just wish they would cancel other shows instead.
    Like Ghost Hunters, WWE Smackdown, Marcel's "Quantum" Kitchen, and the other "reality" crap they have?
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  6. #6

    • My prices are INSANE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Space Mountain
    Posts
    861

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Like Ghost Hunters, WWE Smackdown, Marcel's "Quantum" Kitchen, and the other "reality" crap they have?
    Don't be talkin smack about my Ghost Hunters.
    If that show is cancelled then I won't have any shows to make fun of.
    We are always making fun of that show, especially when they have to describe what an EVP is every 5 minutes.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

    Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    183

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Like Ghost Hunters, WWE Smackdown, Marcel's "Quantum" Kitchen, and the other "reality" crap they have?
    Yes, I prefer old fashioned regular shows over reality shows any day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Don't be talkin smack about my Ghost Hunters.
    If that show is cancelled then I won't have any shows to make fun of.
    We are always making fun of that show, especially when they have to describe what an EVP is every 5 minutes.
    O.k., save the Ghost Hunters for people to have a laugh with.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    5

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Great...no reason to watch this channel anymore. I watched this channel religiously when I was a teen/in my early 20s...ten years later, they have canceled Farscape, Sliders, The Invisible Man, Dresden Files, and many others. I am so disgusted with them! *cries*

  9. #9

    • My prices are INSANE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Space Mountain
    Posts
    861

    Re: Syfy Cancels Eureka

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmirris View Post
    Great...no reason to watch this channel anymore. I watched this channel religiously when I was a teen/in my early 20s...ten years later, they have canceled Farscape, Sliders, The Invisible Man, Dresden Files, and many others. I am so disgusted with them! *cries*
    I gave up on that channel when they changed the name from Sci-Fi to Syfy. FTW?
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

    Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Similar Threads

  1. USH-Cancels Fear Factor...For Good???
    By PirateMickey in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 11:29 PM
  2. Grand Californian Hotel - Eureka Springs Health Club and Spa
    By Angelica Gracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM
  3. New BPB and Eureka videos on VisionsFantastic
    By DCADude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 08:50 PM
  4. Was the Eureka Parade music live?
    By DCADude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 08:22 PM
  5. Eureka video
    By DCADude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •