Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My prices are INSANE!

Doctor Who Series 6 part II

With season 6 split between the spring and the fall let's start a new thread for the second half of the season.

Starting the thread is the Prequel to Let's Kill Hitler.
    The adventure continues in this prequel written by Steven Moffat... The battle of Demon's Run has been fought.
    Now return to the TARDIS to discover a little of what happened next.

No spoilers here just a mini-episode that bridges the gap between A Good Man Goes To War and Let's Kill Hitler, revealing a little about how Amy feels in the aftermath of events at Demon's Run.

The Doctor returns Saturday, August 27th.

Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• I'm not really here

Re: Doctor Who Series 6 part II

The Doctor looks quite sad about being unable to find River/Melody. I guess he can sort of understand the pain Amy is going through. The first half of the season was amazing... can't wait for the 2nd half which promises to be even more incredible.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I'm very excited for the Doctor to return; as I mentioned in another thread, I've been watching, for the first time, the whole new series from Christopher Eccleston onwards and just caught up completely over the weekend. I can't wait to see what Moffat and everyone else have up their sleeves (and how killing Hitler ties into the battle of Demons Run). Saturday needs to come quickly!
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by mousterpiece View Post
    I'm very excited for the Doctor to return; as I mentioned in another thread, I've been watching, for the first time, the whole new series from Christopher Eccleston onwards and just caught up completely over the weekend. I can't wait to see what Moffat and everyone else have up their sleeves (and how killing Hitler ties into the battle of Demons Run). Saturday needs to come quickly!
    That is a lot of Doctor Who to catch up on. But to really follow what's going on you really can't miss an episode. Especially this season. Always something in each episode that is a clue to the over all story arc for the season.

Bravo for watching all that! Only a few day's left till the new ep!

Stop by my website

There are definitely more clues hidden through Moffat's time as showrunner as opposed to when Russell Davies was at the helm; it feels a little more serialized, which I love. I'm sure, when the finale airs, I'll find that I missed some clues here and there, but I do enjoy the ride. Two days till the new episodes!
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

So, anyone have thoughts on the new episode last night? I hesitate to get into specifics in case people have yet to check it out on iTunes or DVRs or whatever, but it was a lot of fun. Not what I expected, but a great return for everyone.

• I'm not really here

That was a pretty awesome episode. Not at all what I was expecting. It was fun to see some more backstory going on. Had some good one liners. The episode felt more like it was needed to set something else up for later on.

Side note, I do like the Doctor's new coat. It has a sort of old west feel to it without being old west.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 08-29-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• My prices are INSANE!

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Not expecting the whole River at the beginning of her life thing.
    Funny how Hitler was a MacGuffin in the story. Agreed about the great one liners.

This ep brought up more questions than it answered. I love it!

Give me more!

Here's the trailer for next weeks episode.
    Looks like we'll be getting the scary treatment.

"Monster are real."

Stop by my website

Loved "Let's Kill Hitler"!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Any thoughts on Night Terrors? I enjoyed it--Matt Smith's banter with the confused dad was a winner--but it felt like a victim of being misplaced in the production order. I imagine Amy and Rory dealing with a case about a parent who wasn't really a parent might've been better foreshadowing earlier in the season.

• My prices are INSANE!

Over all I enjoyed the episode and I also enjoyed the banter between the Doctor and the confused Dad. But the Amy/Rory story line was a bit dull though. I also felt the episode wrapped up a bit to easy, and at the last minute for my taste.

The scary parts really didn't seem all that scary for me.
    I guess I was expecting something really scary to happen since the trailer made it out to be scary.
    Although when the dolls started transforming people, that was pretty freaky.
    O.K. ep but not as good as Let's Kill Hitler.

Next episode looks like a Amy/Rory heavy story titled "The Girl Who Waited".
    Or as another person described the trailer. "Amy get's stuck in The Apple Store"

Here's the trailer for next week.

Last edited by Crazy Larry; 09-05-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Stop by my website

• My prices are INSANE!

Boy, I wasn't expecting that episode to be so intense.
    Really liked it, but man was it a head twisting emotional roller coaster.

What did you all think about it?

Stop by my website

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Mycroft sent me.

Didn't know if I needed a password! lol

I saw something in the Disneyland thread about Dr Who and Disneyland. I just started watching the Christopher Eccleston version. Is that different than the one with Disneyland? Totally confused here. The picture posted above from the trailer shows a decidedly different Dr. Who and there was no mention about Rose.

Is the show I am watching an older version? I'd love to see the one with Disneyland mentioned.

Thanks and sorry for my confusion!

And for some reason, my post is now green...........................

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Eleven different actors have played The Doctor. Disneyland has been glancing references now and again, not a persistent theme. Christopher Eccleston is later in the series than the Disneyland references (Tom Baker in the 70s and ... Sylvester McCoy, maybe, in the 1990s? The webpage references the companion Peri but I can't remember which Doctor she was with). Rose was with... Eccleston, I think.

Hope that helps a little!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Eleven different actors have played The Doctor. Disneyland has been glancing references now and again, not a persistent theme. Christopher Eccleston is later in the series than the Disneyland references (Tom Baker in the 70s and ... Sylvester McCoy, maybe, in the 1990s? The webpage references the companion Peri but I can't remember which Doctor she was with). Rose was with... Eccleston, I think.

Hope that helps a little!
    Actually there was a reference to Disneyland in last nights episode "The Girl Who Waited".
    Amy checks into a hospital quarantine type place and is talking to the check-in computer interface.
    The check-in hologram starts to describe the various virtual Entertainment zones Amy can visit to pass the time in.
    Here's is how it was described.

or try our Roller Coaster zone, authentically modeled on the famous warp-speed death ride at Disneyland, Klom.
    So I guess there's a Disneyland on the planet Klom, with a really cool warp speed death ride. I guess that would be an F ticket.

---------- Post added 09-12-2011 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Mycroft sent me.

Didn't know if I needed a password! lol

I saw something in the Disneyland thread about Dr Who and Disneyland. I just started watching the Christopher Eccleston version. Is that different than the one with Disneyland? Totally confused here. The picture posted above from the trailer shows a decidedly different Dr. Who and there was no mention about Rose.

Is the show I am watching an older version? I'd love to see the one with Disneyland mentioned.

Thanks and sorry for my confusion!

And for some reason, my post is now green...........................
    Welcome aboard the TARDIS!

You know it's bigger in the inside.

I hope you enjoy watching the show and that it can get a bit confusing at times.
    The current show is two doctors ahead of you, but not to worry.
    There's plenty of excellent Doctor Who to watch and catch up on.

And after your first regeneration you might understand the phrase "You never forget your first Doctor".

Stop by my website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast