Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• In a Disney World Daze...

Once Upon a Time on ABC

Saw this trailer recently and am VERY excited about this show and thought I would start a thread about it now and see if the show or any other major interest is in it. Check it out, what do you think? (lol Apple Cider )

Contestant in the The Future of Imagineering Season 2 contest here on Mice Chat in the Celebrate the Parks section/Disneyland.
    Latest Prjoect in the Contest:
    http://disneyworlddaze.blogspot.com/2011/10/future-of-imagineering-season-2-project.html

"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

"Bon Voyage!"
    -S.I.R.

"My friends are exciting, just like fireworks igniting, they're inc-reeeeeed-ible."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Once Upon a Time on ABC

I saw the whole first episode- it was pretty good. A different take. I will be watching this show
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I'd have to break an oath I made after the final episode of LOST:

Never, ever, again, will I invest my time and emotions into a Damon Lindelof production.

And the fact that this show is not only being produced by that smarmy fraud, but it is reported to have little hints (including a broken town clock tower that reads 8:15) of the very show in which he cheated a hugely loyal audience out of a decent ending.

Dare I watch it, against my own better judgment and sworn oath? If I do, will I get hooked on it for 6 years, only to once again suffer a horrendous last season punctuated by another ridiculous, slap in the face Lost-esque ending?

What to do, what to do......
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 10-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disneyland PAP

There's a successful DC Comics/Vertigo title called Fables that's been out for a while. LOVE it! It was once in development for a pilot for ABC.

Newsarama.com : Bill Willingham on Fables' Jump to Television

Never heard anything new about that. Then, us Fables fans got a bit tweaked when we saw the publicity for this new ABC show.

Blog@Newsarama Blog Archive Is ABC ripping off FABLES in ONCE UPON A TIME pilot?

As much as I'd like to be open-minded about it, I'm afraid I can't help always thinking that OUAT is a derivative of Fables which I'm already a devoted fan of. Sad but true.

That said, I realize there's also no guarantee either that a Fables TV series would've been successful or not.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

The show premiered last night! I loved it! I am a sucker for cheese, tho!

My wife hated it haha

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I enjoyed the first episode!

I happen to read the Fables comics as well and I'm trying not to compare the two.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    There's a successful DC Comics/Vertigo title called Fables that's been out for a while. LOVE it! It was once in development for a pilot for ABC.

Newsarama.com : Bill Willingham on Fables' Jump to Television

Never heard anything new about that. Then, us Fables fans got a bit tweaked when we saw the publicity for this new ABC show.

Blog@Newsarama Blog Archive Is ABC ripping off FABLES in ONCE UPON A TIME pilot?

As much as I'd like to be open-minded about it, I'm afraid I can't help always thinking that OUAT is a derivative of Fables which I'm already a devoted fan of. Sad but true.

That said, I realize there's also no guarantee either that a Fables TV series would've been successful or not.
    Yeah I am with you. Still I would prefer Fables to go to a Cable network where they can push boundaries, like HBO.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Gone2Disneyland and Melonballer, the Fables would think of Once Upon a Time as glorified mundy fiction. Haha! Pinocchio would love it, Snow would gripe about how she is being portrayed but still tune in regularly.

• Still lost in Neverland

I have watched both of the episodes that have aired so far and I love it. I think it's one of the best Fantasy shows that Disney has done yet for ABC. I am going to watch it all.

The only thing that bothered me in the second episode was how easily the Evil Queen defeated Maleficent. Then I started to think that maybe there is something going here we don't know about, yet. Mal is 20 times more powerful than any other Fairy Tale villain so why or how could the EQ defeat her so quickly, unless....Mal is behind everything and even the EQ is under her control. She is controlling what happens, not the EQ. Something to think about.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They've got me hooked! Great stuff, this!

• far, far away from DL

I think it's kinda fun to figure out who in the town is what character from the stories.

• Disneyland PAP

Alright, so for some reason this weekend, I got over my Fables baggage and finally checked out this show online. Ended up watching all three episodes that were available on ABC's website.

It is definitely not Fables; it is a different story AND has a distinctly different tone. In fact, in at least in the first two episodes, I was surprised how cheesy the tone and lines were; I felt like I was watching episodes of Hercules or Xena again (I love these old show, btw)! But H & X sorta knew they were campy while I don't think OUAT plays it that way. It's a bit like Smallville too; different and sometimes hard to take. But I am a comic book fan, so take that as you will.

The third episode, which was last week's episode, I found to be really nice. I liked the more realistic tone of the show.

So now I feel better that I am able to pass fair judgment after actually watching the show. I'll probably continue to watch more episodes, because while it ain't Fables, it is what it is. And the third episode gave me a little bit of hope that I could enjoy this more.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

OMG why emma????!?!!!?!?!? Noooooooooo!!!!!

• Future Cast Member

Posted in the wrong thread so I'll copy it here

I love this show! I've recently discovered it and haven't caught up on all the episodes yet but it's a very nice show so far. I don't like the part with Maleficent, either. I think if Maleficent were to face off with the evil Stepmother, Maleficent would win every time. And her look was pretty off, with the yellow hair, but I liked the crown she wore, it looked like a reference to the Disney appearance of her, with the pointy forehead and horns.

I cannot believe how amazing the acting has been so far! Rumpelstiltskin blows me away every time he's on screen, and the evil queen is starting to as I get into more episodes, too. The casting is just amazing, the evil queen looks just like her in both universes, and as her character develops she fits the role more and more, and I'm only on the second episode! The makeup is also great in the alternate universes, particularly with Rumpelstiltskin's transitions.

I feel like I'm already very obsessed with this show, I hope it becomes a successful new series and lasts many seasons.

And I'm confused, is this from someone that worked on LOST? The addiction I have to it reminds me of Lost, and my mom is a huge Lost fan so I can get her to start watching this show with me if it has affiliation with it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

OMG!!! Last night's episode!!! All I can really say is... OMG!!!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast