Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Biggest Loser - Season 13

Tonite is the first episode of Season 13 on the Biggest Loser. Will you be watching? I will. In fact, I am headed there right now. Come back later, to read my comments.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Re: The Biggest Loser - Season 13

So how was it I wont be awake tonight, so I love to hear your take on this season.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great first episode. There were 20 people, 10 couples invited to the ranch, and immediately they were put to a challenge. After the challenge, the Blue Team was sent home. They will be given a 2nd chance to come back, in one month, if they can lose 50 pounds as a team.

The very first workout was all 18 contestants in the gym with both Bob, and Dolvette. The contestants then found out that each couple would be split. One of them training with Bob, and one of them training with Dolvette. The contestants didn't like it, but you gotta do, what you gotta do.

It all boils down of course to the weekly weigh in. Dolvette's red team won this weigh in, which didn't make Bob Harper feel too happy.

Bob's team voted off Ben, who asked to go home. The man has 9 children, and a pregnant wife. The fast forward clip showed that he was successfully losing weight with the support of his family.

I really love the way each season is totally different than the one before. The theme is No Excuses. I should heed that very idea myself.

No contestant stands out at the moment, but I look forward to watching each week.
    Pop Century Resort

Thanks for the update about this season..Not feeling well tonight, so I am going to sleep. Have a nice week.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It would be nice if The Biggest Loser wouldn't have decided to have the two trainers, Bob and Dolvette competing against each other. I don't remember this happening so much with Bob and Jillian. Of course, I haven't been watching that long. I go back to the season when Danny won the whole thing.

The writing was on the wall that nobody liked Mike. It was also quite obvious that in week 2, the red team wasn't going to lose the 94 pounds that they bet at the beginning of the show.

So Mike goes home. Nobody had his back at all. Sad. Of course, we must learn to rely on ourselves, and hopefully in that process we make some friends. Life, and The Biggest Loser is not simple at all.
    Pop Century Resort

I am not sure I am liking on how they are doing things this time around. Have you picked anyone you like to see win yet? Not me!! I will have to wait and see.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's too early to tell about any of the contestants. I just don't like the approach of putting the two trainers up against each other.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Last night was Face Off Night. That meant that each contestant on the Red Team faced off against only one contestant on the Black team. Cassandra got to pick the matchups, because she won the temptation. The temptation was Chinese food, and nobody ate except Cassandra. For just eating two fortune cookies, she got a lot of control.

The surprise of the night was when Joe packed his suitcase, and walked off the show. They claimed that never happened before, but didn't the wrestling guy do that. Forgive me, I forgot his name.

I felt sorry for the girl that got voted off on the red team. Basically they told her that because she was strong, she had to go. I'm bad on names, this morning, forgive me.

I guess there's very little interest in this thread, as well as I've heard a few friends say they are not liking the show much since Jillian left. I still find value in it myself, despite the snide remarks between Dolvette, and Bob. My husband is in love with Allison Sweeney.
    Pop Century Resort

It was hard to believe that Joe left. I am sorry, he knew about the process and I feel that was so wrong. Someone who could have come in his place and would have been helped, he took the spot from someone else. But this wasn't the first person who quit. The wrestler quit too.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I turned on The Biggest Loser last night, I did not realize that it was going to be just an hour episode. However, when the days went by so quickly, I came to that conclusion. I always enjoy the two hour episode so much more.

Last night's episode was pretty boring actually, and I have so far not taken a liking to anyone in particular. Not surprised that Gail went home. I know that she was definitely a thorn in Bob's side.
    Pop Century Resort

Its a great Show but this time i am little confused what is going on in the show.
    Bob's team and Dolvett's team? But I like show. I am great fan of the biggest loser.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The show last night was not pleasant to watch. When the Aqua team returned, I guess I could see that there was going to be some resentment by the others who have been on the ranch from the start. However, it ended up reminding me of children bickering. All that squabbling, of course, had a negative result. That was proven at the weigh in.

Nancy was voted off, and that made no sense to me. Although, she took it like a champ. She was trying to be a voice of reason amongst the bitterness, and pettiness of the red team members.
    Pop Century Resort

• Princess of my own world

I understand a little why Nancy was voted off, since she is not as strong of a player as others as far as the competitions go... but I really want Conda gone. She is driving me crazy with her attitude!

I agree with you, BarbaraAnn, about the Aqua teams return. The show knew there would be drama for them coming back, but it was just ridiculous. I was so tired of all the moaning and arguing.

I really liked watching last season, they were such a great group. This season seems to have a lot of whiners and complainers.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I fell asleep during the last 1/2 hour of the show last night, so I had to wait until today to see the ending of the show. I am not at all surprised, that when the red team lost the weigh in again, that they voted Adrian gone. I think all of the turmoil on the red team is causing them to lose these weigh ins.

The Black team has the contestants that I am starting to like. Emily, Cassandra, Chris, Megan, and Daphne. All girls. No male stands out in my mind as a leader. Although Jeremy and Chism both do appear to be hard workers.

1/2 of the Chicago connection is gone. Adrian wasn't given much of a chance, but he didn't help his cause with some of the comments that he made.

I predict that if the red team loses another weigh in that the next to be shown the door, will be Roy.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-10-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

If Adrian came in the house with a better attitude maybe he would still be there. But him being so stuck up as soon as he walked in the door didn't help him..The scenes from next week looked like there will another explosion happening. Don't they realize when they get stressed out like that is when they don't lose weight.
    So glad that black team didn't lose the challenge. I didn't want Bob to get dropped into the pool.
    I wonder how much longer they are going to keep the teams before they go back to singles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast