Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Madonna: Tight Performance At Equally Tight Super Bowl Game

Another Super Bowl game for the sports history books. The New England Patriots and New York Giants throttled eachother neck and neck to the end, which had the Giants over New England by a mere 4-points. Whew!

As great as the game was, I enjoyed half time just as much, if not more. I found this recording of Madonna's Super Bowl half time show. Looks like it was shot by a cam-corder, so the qulity is a might rough. I'll place a better video down when one becomes available.

Madonna's Full-On Hot Half Time Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkhklj0ZGs

Interviewed By Sports Press About Her Putting toger Half Time Show
    NFL - Madonna Owns the Moment - YouTube

The vogue queen seemlessly went from one magical rendition of her classic and newer songs to another....including a brand new tune (based on her being a cheerleader in school):

"L-U-V.....Maddona!

Give me all your lovin'
    Give me your love

Y-O-U-....We Wanna!

Part of the song seemed to be aimed at Lady Gaga, who seems to have copied Madonna to the extent that LAGG has materialized her ire.

"Don't play those stupid games
    'Cause I'm a different kind of girl.
    Every record sounds the same
    You've gotta step into my world."

Game on, Gaga!

On the whole, her super bowl performance was the best ever! She said that she had worked harder on this show than any other in her life, and expressed that she was nervous before doing it. Rest asured, she came through in flying colors of red, white and blue. Madonna electrified and inspired audiences at the game and at home, especially in her closing with "Like A Prayer". My dad loved her tunes, her natural honest, silky (but not overly jazzy showboat) voice, and her choreography - He's never seen her or heard her songs before.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

Re: Madonna: Tight Performance At Equally Tight Super Bowl Game

madonna was hot

• Princess of my own world

The half time show was amazing! I was so happy she did a couple of her older hits.

I personally feel like this was the best show since MTV did the show with Aerosmith, N*Sync, and Britney Spears.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by count_justin View Post
    madonna was hot
    So smoldering hot that I think she melted the stage and dropped through it there at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ View Post
    The half time show was amazing! I was so happy she did a couple of her older hits.

I personally feel like this was the best show since MTV did the show with Aerosmith, N*Sync, and Britney Spears.
    I loved that show with Aerosmith and Britney in sync with N*Sync, too. That said, nothing I can think of raises the bar more that Madonna's show.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-06-2012 at 08:50 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Madonna Super Bowl halftime show 2012: Singer suffers only a small slip up | Mail Online

Madonna managed a performance appropriate for all ages, no wardrobe malfunctions, no politics or controversy, she only cared that everyone (including an audience with only a slight crossover appeal) were up out of their seats and blown away.

Bravo!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I talked to CaAdventurer about this. I don't get Madonna. I never have. Although when I was in kindergarten, I forgot my share day thing and I instead of sharing my belly button sang "Like a Virgin." Yep imagine that.

• Circle of Ancients

The show sucked. They don't even need Madonna if all she's going to do is lip sync.

Also, apparently M.I.A. flipped off the TV Camera's during her portion of the performance. Fitting as I was also flipping off the TV during this "performance".

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The show sucked. They don't even need Madonna if all she's going to do is lip sync.

Also, apparently M.I.A. flipped off the TV Camera's during her portion of the performance. Fitting as I was also flipping off the TV during this "performance".
    Madonna would be very pleased that she is able to inspire such controvercy even at a time that she tried her best to be a good girl before a national/global general audience.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Madonna Super Bowl halftime show 2012: Singer suffers only a small slip up | Mail Online

Madonna managed a performance appropriate for all ages, no wardrobe malfunctions, no politics or controversy, she only cared that everyone (including an audience with only a slight crossover appeal) were up out of their seats and blown away.

Bravo!
    Your critique is right on, CA! Only true talent could leave a family-centric audience ("with limited crossover appeal") blown away and eager for more.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I talked to CaAdventurer about this. I don't get Madonna. I never have. Although when I was in kindergarten, I forgot my share day thing and I instead of sharing my belly button sang "Like a Virgin." Yep imagine that.
    That must have been one crazy and hip sharing day there at kinder camp!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-06-2012 at 10:36 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It isn't practical to do circus acrobatics and gymnastics while belting out a quality live version of your music; therefore when she performed "Like A Prayer", she sung live BUT didn't do break dancing on her head. I think it's important to consider a human being's abilities in a realistic manner and ask yourself if you or anybody else could achieve the impossible before expecting it. Don't you?

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Kindergarten-Knittingknerd performed this version:

Madonna Like a Virgin - BLOND AMBITION TOUR (In Bed With Madonna) HD. - YouTube

I love it, but I can see where it might not be appropriate for a Superbowl or elementary school audience.
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 02-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

I personally would have preferred if she sung and left the acrobats out of it.

Oh, and left out that new song. God that was awful.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Madonna doesnt usually like to just stand in front of a microphone and sing, she performs best with both legs up in the air

Not a Madonna fan at all, but I think she did a good halftime show. It's hard for a performer to get their personality across in such a short time, but she did a good job without being intentionally controversial. I still think the Prince show was the gold standard, playing Purple Rain while actual rain was pouring down on the stage, but Madonna was one of the better shows recently.

• Goofy

wow her performance was great. i blown away by her and her dancing crew. nice job madonna nobody will ever top that. best superbowl show ever.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It isn't practical to do circus acrobatics and gymnastics while belting out a quality live version of your music; therefore when she performed "Like A Prayer", she sung live BUT didn't do break dancing on her head. I think it's important to consider a human being's abilities in a realistic manner and ask yourself if you or anybody else could achieve the impossible before expecting it. Don't you?

I, for one, very much do. Her lip-synking and live singing in the show are unsurpassable. Even though the circus high wire acrobatics were performed by another talent, she originated it thru her choreography. Great point CA that as a human being, Madonna is limited and can't do it. all. I wouldn't want that anyway.... As human beings, we are all created to work as a team.

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 10:11 AM ----------

Kindergarten-Knittingknerd performed this version:

Madonna Like a Virgin - BLOND AMBITION TOUR (In Bed With Madonna) HD. - YouTube

I love it, but I can see where it might not be appropriate for a Superbowl or elementary school audience.
    A rousing rendition of "Like A Virgin" would be appropriate in 3-D if Madonna were to do a female version of Captain EO at Disneyland's Magic-Eye Theater. Just envision the audiences leaving the theater singing the song all over the park.

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    wow her performance was great. i blown away by her and her dancing crew. nice job madonna nobody will ever top that. best superbowl show ever.
    You can say that again, Rex. The show is supersonic, ionic leaping lightyears ahead of any superbowl show to date.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-06-2012 at 10:58 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    This is the correct response

---------- Post added 02-06-2012 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    Not a Madonna fan at all, but I think she did a good halftime show. It's hard for a performer to get their personality across in such a short time, but she did a good job without being intentionally controversial. I still think the Prince show was the gold standard, playing Purple Rain while actual rain was pouring down on the stage, but Madonna was one of the better shows recently.
    I guess I can live with that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast