• -

The Avengers may get a series on ABC

It looks like there may be a show coming to ABC soon based on the Avengers and set in the same universe as the film.

Avengers -- ABC And Marvel Eye TV Series
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: The Avengers may get a series on ABC

I just see the point of making a show in a Universe of something if you might not include characters people want to see?

Even the Clone Wars which has episodes with non main Star Wars People still has a connect to the universe...to me a "cop" show would be just that, heck even shield is just an organization...If every week they had a guest character then it could work but other wise I'll skip the show unless it does something "new"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just see the point of making a show in a Universe of something if you might not include characters people want to see?

Even the Clone Wars which has episodes with non main Star Wars People still has a connect to the universe...to me a "cop" show would be just that, heck even shield is just an organization...If every week they had a guest character then it could work but other wise I'll skip the show unless it does something "new"
    I'm hoping if they go with this concept that they would base it on SHIELD and just have the assistance of some of the heroes that are not in e films like Vision or Quicksilver.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Apparently the series will be called S.H.I.E.L.D.

Here are two articles about it:

Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Comes to ABC | Superhero Hype

and

More Details on Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Show | Superhero Hype