Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney "FREAK" since 1981

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Sweet. Thanks for the comments. I am checking out the comics now....and loving them. Thanks for the opinions!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Spoiler code isn't working for some reason.....I give up...
    Last edited by clara; 10-22-2012 at 09:37 AM.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I'm not sure why you bother with a spoiler code. People who really care keep up on the show as it airs.

Anyway, I think they missed an opportunity for a cool shot last night with Carol's experiments... Never seen a pregnant zombie before...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

SPOILER COMMENT

Anyway....about last nights episode I'm glad Rick took care of the "problem" before it got really out of hand....I know people will hate me for this but he let the two other's go easy when you can tell they were all in on killing Rick for his guns and food, so I would not have let the other two go.
    It's a bad world they live in and if in the last season the horror story's about the how bad normal men will be in groups...I would not take any chances with people who say "you don't need to tell us how to kill a man"

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I'm not sure why you bother with a spoiler code. People who really care keep up on the show as it airs.
    I just am careful, I don't feel like getting mean PM's about ruining the show for someone because they haven't caught up on their On Demand yet.

Anyway, I think they missed an opportunity for a cool shot last night with Carol's experiments... Never seen a pregnant zombie before...
    It was never implied that the walker Carol was cutting open was pregnant. At least I didn't catch that it was implied. I think she just wanted a female around the same age as Lori.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    SPOILER COMMENT

Anyway....about last nights episode I'm glad Rick took care of the "problem" before it got really out of hand....I know people will hate me for this but he let the two other's go easy when you can tell they were all in on killing Rick for his guns and food, so I would not have let the other two go.
    It's a bad world they live in and if in the last season the horror story's about the how bad normal men will be in groups...I would not take any chances with people who say "you don't need to tell us how to kill a man"
    I think you are right. However, I think the two he let go were the weakest of their link....just kinda going along but very pliable. And Rick is seeing that he may have to really start protecting from the living as well.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

SPOILER again

They said they wont do the Serial Killer story line...but the short in of it is...that small little white guy in the comic's did some very small crime..but after finding out there is no law......kilss a few people in Ricks group

My guess is they are skipping this since his group is smaller in the TV show then comics

• Minion

Blog Entries

No that's what I mean. they missed a chance at making the zombie pregnant. And maybe then the idea would make sense. Like Carol walking the perimeter and saw preggers walker, making the wheels turn. Then we could see what happens when a pregnant woman dies of zombitus, giving us a glimpse of what COULD happen to Lori. I think the writers missed a good plot point. It could have made a "meh" moment an "OMG" moment.

No that's what I mean. they missed a chance at making the zombie pregnant. And maybe then the idea would make sense. Like Carol walking the perimeter and saw preggers walker, making the wheels turn. Then we could see what happens when a pregnant woman dies of zombitus, giving us a glimpse of what COULD happen to Lori. I think the writers missed a good plot point. It could have made a "meh" moment an "OMG" moment.
    ah ah i see what you mean and totally agree

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post
    Just a question to all you guys. Are any of you familiar with the Graphic Novel of which the Walking Dead is based upon? I absolutely love the show and are wondering how it compares with the original story.
    I only started reading comics this past year, and TWD is by far my absolute favorite. Seriously, it's amazing. Also the downloadable Video Game by TellTale Games, I think it may be better than the comics. The show's okay, but so far season 3 is amazing.

There are of course differences between the show and comic. In one way, Kirkman is getting a do over with the story. One thing to add though is that Kirkman is not in complete control over the show. Being with Image comics, he can do essentially whatever with his characters because Image Comics is about being creator owned, instead of editorial mandates. So in the comics Kirkman can do whatever. If Daryl where in the comics, there's a chance he'd be dead, but with TV, there's people that would stop and say, "Kirkman, we can't let you do that, Daryl is popular, and if you kill him, fans will be upset." Also there's the possibility of
    Spoiler
    Dale's Death
    , where the character wasn't supposed to die, but the actor rubbed some people the wrong way, and got himself fired. Of course there's also having to skip forward 8 months, because a kid actor aged by a year.

So in a way, there are so many factors in the show that change Kirkman's story.

Also, this
    Last edited by DarthDucky; 11-01-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ah ah i see what you mean and totally agree
    Same here
    For the love of Disney....

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Of course there's also having to skip forward 8 months, because a kid actor aged by a year.
    Carol's hair should be alot longer if they are almost a year into this apocolypse. It's still super short. Unless she is cutting it which she might be. Just something I noticed.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Carol's hair should be alot longer if they are almost a year into this apocolypse. It's still super short. Unless she is cutting it which she might be. Just something I noticed.
    My guess is it's just her preferred fashion. Also, it makes her hair harder to grab onto, so she's less vulnerable to walkers.

And how is it that some prisoners where clean shaven? There wouldn't be razors in the kitchen. Knives maybe, but do they keep knives in prison kitchens? Or is everything ordered already cut up? If it was knives, then why didn't we see scars from cuts from them learning to use the knives as razors? They would surely become infected since there wasn't the infirmary available, and there wouldn't be much soap or any running water.
    So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    And how is it that some prisoners where clean shaven? There wouldn't be razors in the kitchen. Knives maybe, but do they keep knives in prison kitchens? Or is everything ordered already cut up? If it was knives, then why didn't we see scars from cuts from them learning to use the knives as razors? They would surely become infected since there wasn't the infirmary available, and there wouldn't be much soap or any running water.
    So yeah...
    I thought this to. Weren't those prisioners stuck in that one room for like 10 months! I don't think I remember them saying that they were able to get out of that room. I may have missed that reference though.

But this is the kinda thing that makes this show interesting because in all honesty, if there was an apocolypse of some sort, people would be alot worse than what this show portraits, even though it hits pretty close.

• Hello Dolly.

I thought this to. Weren't those prisioners stuck in that one room for like 10 months! I don't think I remember them saying that they were able to get out of that room. I may have missed that reference though.
    I thought the same thing too haha. But it is a tv show so somethings just have to go by without question, like the survivors' oddly-white teeth.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I thought the same thing too haha. But it is a tv show so somethings just have to go by without question, like the survivors' oddly-white teeth.
    I'll take a stab the white teeth thing.

Tooth health is important, especially when there are no dentists around. And I imagine grocery stores still have tooth care products, as it's not exactly what one would think of as an emergency supply. When people realized they may need those items, the world was already overrun.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast