Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Well after a long summer wait, October is finally here and The Walking Dead Season 3 is Sunday night.

I've been getting the emails with clips from Season 3 all summer and it looks like the storyline should get pretty interesting and run a few different ways. However, and the actors in their intereviews have been saying this in all the summer clips, it is going to lean more towards the gore and zombie killing.

Its a zombie show really so it should be about zombies and the scares but I am NOT a horror fan and loathe anything scary yet, I was attracted by this show mainly because it focused on survival and humanity, especially during an apocolyptic event. It got to me personally because of the mother/child situation and as a mother, I related. I asked myself, "how would I function and secure the survival of myself and my child in this situation or any apocolyptic situation?". And to keep it on the storyline, it would be 10 times harder to find not only food, shelter and a way to live ALONG with having to learn how to get over my fear of walking dead wanting to eat me AND therefore, protect my child. Ick...

I do look forward to the new charcters in Season 3. I have not read any of the comics so I don't know what is ahead. I also look forward to The Talking Dead show that comes on after the episode has run. Chris Hardwick has great guests.

• keh!

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

I'm excited for Sunday's premiere. Even though I've grown to hate almost every character except Daryl, haha, I really love the show and it's about time we get some new episodes : )

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    I'm excited for Sunday's premiere. Even though I've grown to hate almost every character except Daryl, haha, I really love the show and it's about time we get some new episodes : )
    Ha, you aren't the first person I've heard say this. I actually am growing to loathe Lori.
    Spoiler
    Not really because she slept with Shane and we don't know whose the baby is, but just because, to me, she *seems* to back up Rick, yet she gives off the sense that inside she questions him alot. But even worse I always get the sense that she would have rather Rick stayed dead and would rather have been with Shane. I still don't see why she got mad at him for Carl putting down Walker Shane or for Rick not telling the group that everyone carries the virus to turn them into Walkers. I think he was right in not telling, that would have freaked everyone out.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ha, you aren't the first person I've heard say this. I actually am growing to loathe Lori.
    Spoiler
    Not really because she slept with Shane and we don't know whose the baby is, but just because, to me, she *seems* to back up Rick, yet she gives off the sense that inside she questions him alot. But even worse I always get the sense that she would have rather Rick stayed dead and would rather have been with Shane. I still don't see why she got mad at him for Carl putting down Walker Shane or for Rick not telling the group that everyone carries the virus to turn them into Walkers. I think he was right in not telling, that would have freaked everyone out.
    That's EXACTLY why I don't like Lori. And I dislike Carl as well. Rick is your father! and Lori, Rick is your husband! He is getting power hungry, yes, but he doesn't get the respect he deserves from them.

Spoiler
    I definitely think Lori would have preferred Shane over Rick, which is a shame. She's so messed up. Obviously she had feelings for Shane but denies it to him. I was sooooo happy when Shane died, hahaha. He was so insane. I liked Dale at one point but then he became that nosy old neighbor that needs to shut up once in a while, lol.

Welll it seems Lori may be feeling a bit remorseful for treating Rick so bad.

Great start to Season 3. I had my "oh no oh no oh nooooo!" moment and that was enough for me!

• keh!

My friend is in love with Daryl, so I lol'ed when Carol asked him "Want to screw around?" hahaha. That relationship is bizarre.

Lori is getting the cold shoulder she deserves. I wouldn't say he "hates" her like she claims, but he is definitely still bitter, lol.

Ah TWD... never fails to make me cringe. Poor Hershel.... I kind of like him as a character : /

And my friends and I are wondering who's grave that is in the preview D:

My friend is in love with Daryl, so I lol'ed when Carol asked him "Want to screw around?" hahaha. That relationship is bizarre.
    I think Carol is bizarre....I can't put my finger on how though. I think it might have to do with all those years of being with an abusive husband though.

Lori is getting the cold shoulder she deserves. I wouldn't say he "hates" her like she claims, but he is definitely still bitter, lol.
    But that storyline brings up an interesting point:

Spoiler
    If the baby is dead inside her since she claims she can't feel it move...it would eat her from the inside out! Because anything dead returns as a walker...unreal! I know that is what she is fearing most.

However, I don't believe the baby is dead, from what I remember in my pregnancy, I went many weeks without feeling anything then the kid wouldn't stop moving. She must be freaking out though...

Ah TWD... never fails to make me cringe. Poor Hershel.... I kind of like him as a character : /:
    That was when I was screaming..."nooo!"
    Spoiler
    I KNEW it when they passed that sitting walker on the floor the first time. I knew that thing was not dead. I don't know but if I were them I would be breaking ALL the heads of anything lying on the floor or acting lifeless and not just assume its dead. Nothing is dead in this place.

And maybe, Rick's assumption that if he cut off the leg above where Hershel was bit...it just might stop the infection from setting in. I am curious to see if that might work, or just prolong Hershel's "change". But if Hershel dies...someone is gonna have to deliver that baby, zombie baby or not...blegh.

And my friends and I are wondering who's grave that is in the preview D:
    I missed the grave! I will have to re-watch tonight. Were they in the beginning credits? or in a beginning scene?
    Last edited by clara; 10-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.

• keh!

I think Carol is bizarre....I can't put my finger on how though. I think it might have to do with all those years of being with an abusive husband though.
    I think Carol looks kind of hot this season, lol. Her hair is a little longer, her skin doesn't look as aged and depressed. She looked fresh, hahaha.

But that storyline brings up an interesting point:

Spoiler
    If the baby is dead inside her since she claims she can't feel it move...it would eat her from the inside out! Because anything dead returns as a walker...unreal! I know that is what she is fearing most.

However, I don't believe the baby is dead, from what I remember in my pregnancy, I went many weeks without feeling anything then the kid wouldn't stop moving. She must be freaking out though...
    Spoiler
    The baby being dead would be a simple solution, but I don't think it is. I think she will eventually give birth to a live baby. But you never know with TWD, I didn't expect Dale to die.

That was when I was screaming..."nooo!"
    Spoiler
    I KNEW it when they passed that sitting walker on the floor the first time. I knew that thing was not dead. I don't know but if I were them I would be breaking ALL the heads of anything lying on the floor or acting lifeless and not just assume its dead. Nothing is dead in this place.

And maybe, Rick's assumption that if he cut off the leg above where Hershel was bit...it just might stop the infection from setting in. I am curious to see if that might work, or just prolong Hershel's "change". But if Hershel dies...someone is gonna have to deliver that baby, zombie baby or not...blegh.
    Spoiler
    I definitely get what Rick was doing. But it's gonna suck if Hershel ends up becoming a walker. I think due to that incident he WILL slowly become one (prolonged, just like you said). If that's the case, it's going to cause a whole lot of problems. I suspect that's not the end of it.

I missed the grave! I will have to re-watch tonight. Were they in the beginning credits? or in a beginning scene?
    The grave was shown at the end of the show when the voice over says "This season on The Walking Dead." So many things happen in that preview that it's hard to keep up w/ every imagery.

• Team Hail HYDRA

That ending was AWSOME

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    That ending was AWSOME
    Yup. Talk about fast thinking on Rick's part.
    Spoiler
    Even if cutting off of the leg doesn't work, he reacted quickly and probably mostly on adrenaline.

Word of advice to Rick and the gang... Please kill everything that is lying still and not shot in the head or decapitated...k thanks bye!

• keh!

Word of advice to Rick and the gang... Please kill everything that is lying still and not shot in the head or decapitated...k thanks bye!
    you'd think with months of experience they would have known that. tsk tsk.

you'd think with months of experience they would have known that. tsk tsk.
    Well in all fairness, after looking over that scene again, it was rather dark and he thought he heard Maggie.

However, Herschel did just step right over that Walker and thought nothing of it. I would have looked for a head shot wound then walked over or just bashed it in the head to be safe. Remember:

From Zombieland

Rule #2 - Double Tap. You think it's dead (technically it was before you shot it), one more makes 100% sure.

• Disney "FREAK" since 1981

Just a question to all you guys. Are any of you familiar with the Graphic Novel of which the Walking Dead is based upon? I absolutely love the show and are wondering how it compares with the original story.

Oh and loved the Season premier last Sunday. It was Bloody, action packed and intense. Can't wait for next week!!

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post
    Just a question to all you guys. Are any of you familiar with the Graphic Novel of which the Walking Dead is based upon? I absolutely love the show and are wondering how it compares with the original story.

Oh and loved the Season premier last Sunday. It was Bloody, action packed and intense. Can't wait for next week!!
    It is not a graphic novel but actually a series of Comics created by Robert Kirkman. I have not read the comics but I have heard that the show stays pretty close to it with a few changes here and there such as, I believe, Darryl is not a character in the comic. But he is a great addition to the show.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post

The show has taken the basic setups from the first few comic books but the seems to go off on it's own story with that setup. The shows uses the same settings, most characters, and some stories but just goes off on version to where it just doesn't really follow the comic. Reading the comics definitely wouldn't let you know exactly what to expect from future episodes besides just knowing what characters to expect and where the group is heading. The show completely kills its characters differently than the comics too.

I love the comic books a lot and the show. I can't really compare them because I feel they are two different things of a good series, but the characters are way more likable in the comic book.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast