• Tomorrow's Child

Teen Beach Movie

I know I'm probably going to get a bit of flack for starting the topic, (as no doubt there's been wall to wall advertising of it) but I was wondering what MiceChatters made of the latest DCOM, Teen Beach Movie.

I'll admit, its not great, but for a TV movie I didn't think it was too bad. Maybe its just because I loved the '60's setting and the music.

I was hoping there was going to be a reference to Annette somewhere in it, but I didn't catch it if there was.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Re: Teen Beach Movie

I only saw a little of it. Reports are that my niece loved it. So they hit some market, square on.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• -

My kids loved it so much we had to buy them the soundtrack. Thanks a lot, Disney! Now it's all I hear over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Interestingly enough, part of the new beach film was shot at WDW's Typhoon Lagoon waterpark. There's a gigamormous surfing area with a scenic sandy beach.

Annette would have approved....wonder if Frankie Avalon has been there crooning for a new gal friend.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Tomorrow's Child

I hear they added a tribute to Annette at the start, sadly I DVR'd it and missed it. Nice touch though.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I brought the OST. The songs are so dang catchy.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• WDI Future Show Writer

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

I loved TBM! The actors were fun, not great, but that wasn't their fault. The music is catchy, it was a great homage to the beach party movies for this generation!
    Kathy Mangum: "If you show that you want to try, people will want to work with you" #D23Expo

Joe Rodhe: To be an Imagineer, "you have to be the kind of person who wants to share." #D23Expo