Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

It was a bizarre episode but it could be that I am not familar with the comic books. My Marvel exposure has been through the films. I just figured the script had roots in the comic books. I was fine with that.

Hmm. I'm not a comic book reader either. Most of the Marvel stuff I base on are the new movies they make, I don't even know if they are accurate to the comics.

Apparently, Dr.Hall, also known as Gravitron in some Marvel comics appears a few times throughout the comics. Somehow I feel this isn't the last we've seen of Dr.Hall or Ian Quinn.

Also, this show was officially picked up for a full first season. (Like there was a chance it wouldn't...)

• Bangarang!

Well this weeks ep was rather good. Plenty of suspense and intrigue.

Is it just me but did Belarus look remarkably like the Principality of Genovia? Might as well keep it in the Disney family.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Tonight's episode (The Girl in The Flower Dress) wasn't the greatest, but it did kinda answer a lot of questions (while dumping even more questions on the show.)

I'll post some of my thoughts later, but personally, I liked last week's "Eye Spy" better.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Foozie Bear View Post
    Tonight's episode (The Girl in The Flower Dress) wasn't the greatest, but it did kinda answer a lot of questions (while dumping even more questions on the show.)

I'll post some of my thoughts later, but personally, I liked last week's "Eye Spy" better.
    "Eye Spy" is perhaps the best episode so far. That being said I did not dislike "The Girl in The Flower Dress". Which is all the setup for the rest of the season I think. If I had to bet Centipede or perhaps what is life of A.I.M. is going to be the big bad guy the the rest of the season as they make minor super-villains.

I think that the biggest problem with the show is that 8:00pm time slot. It just doesn't allow them to do the more adult or harder edge episodes that we would hope to see.

• Bangarang!

^I don't know, that doctor's demise at the end of the last episode was more graphic than I thought they'd get away with in the time slot (on either side of the Atlantic).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    "Eye Spy" is perhaps the best episode so far. That being said I did not dislike "The Girl in The Flower Dress". Which is all the setup for the rest of the season I think. If I had to bet Centipede or perhaps what is life of A.I.M. is going to be the big bad guy the the rest of the season as they make minor super-villains.

I think that the biggest problem with the show is that 8:00pm time slot. It just doesn't allow them to do the more adult or harder edge episodes that we would hope to see.
    The funny thing is, I thought this episode went much more adult than the past episodes did. Remember that scene with Skye & Miles (which was a very loong scene), and the doctor being burnt to death jumped the rating level a lot from the past few weeks. It was unexpected for sure.

The Goldbergs is lucky to have the slot right after the most watched ABC show. I'm just glad Super Fun Night isn't getting this kind of attention.

• secure all cargo

In general I'm really starting to enjoy this show. I don't think the writing and directing are as tight as other shows that have had stronger debuts, and so far the plots and macguffins have been hit and miss for me, some things have not worked (Girl with the Flower Dress, centipede man) while some things were better (cyborg eye, Quinn's speech in Malta, Graviton). What I like is that the characters are starting to take shape and some good chemistry forming. For example I really liked episode 2 where the team bonded, those were some nice moments. The next episode Skye was given some good material. And the one last week gave us a vulnerable Coulson, good chemistry between him and May, and perhaps the most dramatic scenes of the series so far which surprisingly involved Fitz and Simmons who have been the least interesting ones up til now. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I wrote a review on last week's incredible episode! Check it out!
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D "F.Z.Z.T" Review - Magic To Your Home

• Bangarang!

I didn't think this weeks ep. was too bad, great fish out of water moments for Fitz, Simmons not-so-much. Her using the Night-Night was a bit far fetched (in universe wise).

Still I think they're playing the long game, setting up all the characters so we really get to know them better before it all kicks off.

Walt Disney

Well I'm new to MiceChat, so hello!

Second, the show is growing on me (if you can't tell by my username).

I just wish they'd give us more info about what really happened in Tahiti, and if Tahiti even exists or if it was a fabricated memory.

• secure all cargo

Last week's episode "The Hub" was another solid one. I understand why some people are annoyed by Fitz and Simmons, but I've always found them cute together even when they contributed little to the stories in the earlier episodes. Coulson and May are developing a good thing together. It's fun to see the guy from the One Shot "The Consultant" show up (on youtube if you haven't seen it). And it's interesting how S.H.I.E.L.D. was portrayed this time, wonder where they're going with that.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Been watching this show since the start, hit or miss but most episodes are fairly good

Fitz and Simmons though, could have done with one or the other, they're pretty much the same character with gender swapped.

Dont really need both if you ask me

Looking forward to this week's Thor 2 tie-in episode though
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Bangarang!

Well people were asking for a darker episode and that's what we got this week. All in all not a bad step up of pace really, looks like its hitting its stride.

And welcome to MiceChat JanitorofSHIELD. Looks like you got a little hint of Tahiti this week - even though it didn't seem to make much sense.

Walt Disney

Yes, "the Well" was a solid episode and the pieces of the Tahiti puzzle are starting to slowly come into view.

Though it wasn't much, it was interesting to see how some of the events of Dark World influenced this episode, such as Thor being "off-grid".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast