Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Tomorrow's Child

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Quite a spooky episode this week I thought. A nice twist on the the usual "person with powers of the week", and another slow drip of backstory.

I think what's needed now is a good two parter or a three episode story arc.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Quite a spooky episode this week I thought. A nice twist on the the usual "person with powers of the week", and another slow drip of backstory.

I think what's needed now is a good two parter or a three episode story arc.
    The next two episodes are going to be part of a two-parter cliffhanger, so there's that. The only downside is the first part is going to be RIGHT before a two-week break.

• Tomorrow's Child

Good news on the two-parter front I guess, but annoying for the break.

Actually I think we miss the gap in the UK. Its on a 2 week break now, so I guess we should get part one and two consecutively. Now its doesn't seem so bad having the gap.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I'm sorry but this show just feels too... Generic. Started off decent enough with potential, but it feels formulaic in most episodes.

• Tomorrow's Child

The cliffhanger was quite good, I didn't see the switcheroo twist coming.

As for it being 'safe' well I guess it is a bit tame, compared to its opposite number Arrow, but then that's not aimed at a family audience.

Walt Disney

Oh, the cliffhanger really got me.

It seems we'll finally learn the truth behind Tahiti...

• secure all cargo

The cliffhanger was pretty good, nice action scenes, good performances from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ursaguy View Post
    I'm sorry but this show just feels too... Generic. Started off decent enough with potential, but it feels formulaic in most episodes.
    I'm not sure I would say generic, but I agree the show could be something better. My other new show this year is Almost Human which I generally have enjoyed more. In comparing the two, there is something about S.H.I.E.L.D. that feels very casual. I'm not sure that's deliberate or unintentional, but it's not what anyone wants.

It doesn't help that it has the weight of the films on it's shoulders, and you're never really gonna match the action of the films on TV.

The show is good enough that for now I plan to keep up. I really like the general direction of the franchise.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Singing Drinker

It would have been nice if the show had acted more as a bridge between the expanded Marvel Universe and the movies. There are quite literally hundreds of lesser known MU heroes and villains that could have been brought in on this, even with the fact that they can't use the X-men or 'mutants'.

Instead, monster of the week and slow character development.

*shrug*
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• secure all cargo

After the first 10 episodes being just good enough, I feel like this week's episode is the first I can actually say was truly awesome and satisfying. So I'm glad I've stuck with it. Probably the most noticeable improvement is this episode feels constantly intense from start to finish and has a nice sense of urgency even in it's lighter moments. Also, you've never seen Coulson like this before and Clark Gregg gives easily his best performance as Coulson, TV or film -- it's devastating and horrific. A lot of the characters and mythology are falling into place. I don't know they can necessarily keep it up every subsequent episode, and I still can't compare it to the best of Alias or 24, but I think I'm finally becoming sold on this show.

Is anyone else excited about the Sif appearance? I think it's about time they have a character from the films make an appearance.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Disneyland PAP

Popped in here for the first time to see what the latest posts say. Nice to read folks are excited about the show. I gave up on this in November or December. What happened was I zipped through my Season 1 Blu-ray of Arrow at the same time SHIELD debuted on TV, and Arrow went way over my expectations. As I continued with watching several Season 2 episodes of Arrow on TV, SHIELD simply failed by comparison for me.

If I learn the second half of SHIELD gets better lip service from fans and critics...and my few friends who are still watching it, I'll pick up SHIELD on Blu to get caught up. If not, I'll continue with Arrow, as well as The Flash and Gotham when they debut in the Fall.

• secure all cargo

show is working well and great cliffhanger episode this week

Is anyone still watching this? Great episode this week. The way some of the pieces fell into place while still having an intense cliffhanger was pretty exciting, and you can see the increasingly suspicious air surrounding S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to generally parallel the same overall sense you get from the Capt. America trailers. Next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the film in a more significant way than the Thor 2 aftermath episode, so I can't wait to see both.

Re: show is working well and great cliffhanger episode this week

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Is anyone still watching this? Great episode this week. The way some of the pieces fell into place while still having an intense cliffhanger was pretty exciting, and you can see the increasingly suspicious air surrounding S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to generally parallel the same overall sense you get from the Capt. America trailers. Next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the film in a more significant way than the Thor 2 aftermath episode, so I can't wait to see both.
    I'm still watching, and it just gets better and better (with the exception of the Lorelli episode). Can;t wait for the Captain America tie-in. Saw the movie and it was amazing.

It's probably been said zillions of times, but I really can't wait to see how the events of Winter Soldier will affect Agents of SHIELD.

Especially given how
    Spoiler
    SHIELD's secrets were uploaded on the web. What exactly does that mean for Coulson and Skye, who have been clamoring for answers more than anyone else? And is the Clairvoyant arc part of the HYDRA arc, or is there more to the puzzle than SHIELD vs. HYDRA? (Although for that one, Hand ordered Sitwell to the boat, and Sitwell was HYDRA...)

It's nice to know the Whedons were in on the plan with WS, so they planned the show according to that. So the inconsistent schedule was all for a reason!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ Well in answer to your question:

Spoiler
    As we found out, Garrett was the Clairvoyant, who is also part of Hydra. Ward... right now he appears to be part of Hydra as well, but part of me wonders if he shot Hand and the other 2 agents just to fool Garrett and Ward is going to do a reverse of what Hydra did with SHIELD (and be a mole). That's just my theory though. A friend of mine thinks Simmons is with Hydra but I don't know. Maybe we're both right and maybe we're both wrong. Hard to say.

It's been confirmed though Agent Maria Hill will be on another episode and not just for a brief cameo. And it's been confirmed that Nick Fury will be on for the season finale, which I TOTALLY CAN NOT WAIT FOR (I love me some Sam Jackson)!!!

Oh and next Tuesday (4/15) the new episode is on at 9pm Eastern Time, FYI.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast