Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• secure all cargo

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I love how this week's episode occurred within the same frame of time as the events of Capt 2 and not after the fact like the post Thor 2 episode (it now makes sense why they released Capt 2 on April 4th instead of making it the logical summer release - they needed it to coincide with the TV show). This one was similar to a good Alias episode, lots of spy stuff, double crosses, characters making quick deductions and judgments, and a major reimagining of the show's direction. It was a bit dizzying keeping up. And wow, I didn't see that ending coming at all. I really hope they get renewed for next season.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• secure all cargo

I feel totally justified in sticking with this show where so many gave up on it. Yes I am gloating a bit. When the show started, everyone agreed it was at best just OK and ratings fell off immediately. But I gave it a chance pretty much just because it's Marvel/Disney Avengers related. And ever since the December cliffhanger, as many critics have been writing online, it has very slowly but steadily improved until the events of Capt America 2 kicked it on it's head and then they really hit the ground running. The showrunners didn't take those movie events lightly, but incorporated them into the show to great effect. They gave us a lot of surprises, a traumatic plot twist that lead to the some of the best acting this year from multiple actors, and ultimately lead us to some massively satisfying payoffs. And I love that the season finale did not just end with more questions like Lost would have, it actually tied up a lot of the big issues while giving a clear direction for season 2. The show really hit it's stride and I'm totally looking forward to season 2. And for that matter Agent Carter too, plus all the Netflix stuff.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Ravenclaw

Yeah, it took a little while to build up steam, then WHAM! I was kinda spoiled for Winter Soldier since I saw the post-Winter Soldier episode before seeing the movie. It was negligible, though seeing as how I kind of saw the HYDRA thing coming. I'm really glad that they got another season and I'm excited for Agent Carter!!!!
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234