Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

What were your thoughts on last night's episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

(SPOILERS
    A few random thoughts:
    First of all, I love Phil Coulson. He was easily one of my favorite characters from the Avengers series, so I was upset when they killed him off. But I got over it. (Just like when they kill off my favorite characters in LOST, I was happy to see them go. It makes it much more exciting.)
    That being said; I think bringing Phil Coulson back was a terrible idea. Their excuse for him being alive was even lamer.

Other than that, the episode was enjoyable, but completely pointless. The villain, 'Mike Peterson' gets killed off by the end of the episode, which means there is no continuation of this story in future episodes, and that's probably what the whole series is going to look like.

I like the new characters. These guys better appear in future Marvel movies, especially the Avengers 2.

Another thing that annoyed me as well is the fact that this takes place in the same timeline as the last movies. I think this would've survived much better if this were a prequel show, and it should've been a mini-series from the start. I don't know how long they can keep this show up for, but it feels like the kind of thing Disney will keep doing since it'll make lots of money anyway.
    The fact that this is a TV show also means the big-budget stars don't want to appear in each episode, and Disney doesn't want to pay large amounts for them. Which raises big questions like; What happened to Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Natasha Romanoff? In the films, they were a major part of SHIELD, here, they just seem to disappear with no explanation.

I'm expecting a lot out of this show in the coming months. I hope it lives up to what we're all hoping for.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I was underwhelmed. It seems like a show geared towards kids and there was nothing in the first episode that seemed like that crowd would be inttrigued. 2nd episode better wow me or I'm done already.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I was underwhelmed. It seems like a show geared towards kids and there was nothing in the first episode that seemed like that crowd would be inttrigued. 2nd episode better wow me or I'm done already.
    Exactly. From the ending, it seems that every episode will just be the pointless one-shot episodes that won't connect to anything in the future. It's also not like we're worried anyone is going to die, right? They'll probably just end up bringing them back in some other Marvel movie.

Sheesh.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Shield like many good shows...don't have a good first season

Watch the Clone Wars...office anything..and most have an ok first season but all the real story comes in season two....so i liked the first episode and I'm pretty sure that season two will be when most Fans of Marvel will really be able to get into the show

• Singing Drinker

For an example of what I really hoped from this series, look for the "Marvels" four issue limited run.

Didn't get it, but *shrug* I don't like much on TV anyway. This joining the list is of limited surprise.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'd really wait for season two before casting this off....just skip this season and come back because my guess is they'll add more marvel characters by then and the plot will most likely tie into the next Avengers Movie

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I'd really wait for season two before casting this off....just skip this season and come back because my guess is they'll add more marvel characters by then and the plot will most likely tie into the next Avengers Movie
    There's the rub. I really didn't like Avengers. I love the universe - I'm a Marvel geek if anything when it comes to comic books. I just didn't really enjoy the movie. The show's different, but not in a way I like. I'm pretty sure this one's a lost cause on me.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Bangarang!

I enjoyed it. Two points from the OP though... the 'villian' was not killed off, they cured him. Secondly wasn't Fury mentioned as 'Director Fury'? That means he could appear but won't be in it every week.

Loved the sneaky Disney reference in it as well.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Star Trek, arguably one of the most successful TV shows ever, did not have an overarching story. It was the weekly episode. That was it. Not all shows need to have some huge story arc to be fun or good.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    There's the rub. I really didn't like Avengers. I love the universe - I'm a Marvel geek if anything when it comes to comic books. I just didn't really enjoy the movie. The show's different, but not in a way I like. I'm pretty sure this one's a lost cause on me.
    It might be but like I said....come back next season and see if its any better...Like I said before I love Star Wars but didnt like the show until season 2 when it go better animation and more adult storys
    And the office while good was not great until I saw season 2 but now its one of my all time favorite shows

• Seasick

The first episode didn't thrill me, but I thought the second one was better.

There seems to be a good balance between telling a self contained story each week while still having some interesting story elements that will play out over the long run.

The second episode felt like it was more elaborate than most TV shows, with explosions on on airplane and people being sucked out. Throw in an awesome cameo and this was a pretty entertaining hour of television.

Coulson coming back feels like a bit of a cop out, but I can accept it because this sort of thing is common in comics, we should get an explanation for his return at some point, and I love the actor/character.

I love this show! Tonight's episode was great and the cameo was awesome. Tuesday is turning into a great TV watching day.

The second episode, "0-8-4" was incredible. It was absolutley perfect.

I'm a big Marvel fan, and the Avengers was awesome. So, having an Avengers TV show that I can tune into every week is pretty cool.
    This show seems to be taking on a whole new style that hasn't been used in years. The single shot episodes are good, I was expecting it to be a continuing series, but either way, I like it.

Wrote a quick recap and review if anyone's looking to catch up again for next week.
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Episode Two "0-8-4" Recap -

• Bangarang!

Yeah Ep.2 was even better. Really looking forward to the rest of the series now.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Wow! Episode 3, "The Asset" was incredible! I'll spare a long post over here, since I just wrote up my thoughts with a quick recap right here: (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1, Episode 3 "The Asset" Review & Recap -). Let me know if you agree with any of my thoughts. I'm loving this show.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast