Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Once Upon a Time - Frozen?

What? No OUAT discussions going on here?
    Am I in the wrong place?
    Is it being discussed in a different forum?

I was just wondering what people thought about the Season finale and the teaser for a Frozen twist coming up next season.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Once Upon a Time - Frozen?

I just started watching OUAT when they went to Neverland. I like the show. Although sometimes, it makes me dizzy when they go back and forth between the past, and the future. I like Regina, and of course Rumple is a favorite. I did find it strange that Belle and Rumple got married without any witnesses. I am not surprised that Elsa showed up at the end, considering her popularity. I was not surprised that that girl turned out to be Maid Marianne. You can't mess with Time Travel, or it will surely come back and bite you.

I loved the entire Neverland Season, and the Wicked Season. Great entertainment.

• Queen Elsa

Not a fan of the show but I had hear people last night on facebook talking about Elsa being on there so I saw the min she pop up. I still will not watch the show even thou Elsa is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Not a fan of the show but I had hear people last night on facebook talking about Elsa being on there so I saw the min she pop up. I still will not watch the show even thou Elsa is in it.
    You know Capt, the way they tweak some of the original stories they may alter Elsa in a way that you as one of her top fans wouldn't like, anyway.

I really enjoy the series, and sometimes I do like the irreverant ways they treat things/characters. I've found I just have to be openminded about it.
    Funny, I do like some of the villains best. Regina/Evil Queen has shown her good side, as has Rumplestiltskin (and I've always been a Robert Carlyle fan, anyway ).
    The one twist I had problems with was when they totally altered the back history of Peter Pan. I loved probably all the versions of that story - starting with the original J.M. Barrie books (including Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens), including the Mary Martin and Disney versions - up to the Dustin Hoffman/Robin Williams movie "Hook", even a few more recent madefortv versions I found on Netflix ...
    I didn't mind so much at first when they made Pan into a villain, but I really hated when they totally dismissed his history and made him into a mean middle aged man.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I just started watching OUAT when they went to Neverland. I like the show. Although sometimes, it makes me dizzy when they go back and forth between the past, and the future. I like Regina, and of course Rumple is a favorite. I did find it strange that Belle and Rumple got married without any witnesses. I am not surprised that Elsa showed up at the end, considering her popularity. I was not surprised that that girl turned out to be Maid Marianne. You can't mess with Time Travel, or it will surely come back and bite you.

I loved the entire Neverland Season, and the Wicked Season. Great entertainment.
    Barbaraann, have you been able to catch up on the earlier programs?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Barbaraann, have you been able to catch up on the earlier programs?
    I have been reading the recaps, and I probably have time to watch them on my computer before the next season starts. Whether I will or not remains to be seen.

I do love the characters and the uniqueness of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been reading the recaps, and I probably have time to watch them on my computer before the next season starts. Whether I will or not remains to be seen.

I do love the characters and the uniqueness of the program.
    If you've got Neflix streaming they're all on there - and if you have it with a Roku, better yet!
    It's really interesting seeing the characters develop. I have to say that I'm not one of the Snow White/Prince Charming Fan Club. Even being a Disney type person I always found them just a little too cloyingly sweet (yeah, I know they're supposed to be, but ...).
    I got used to it after a while, but they still bother me. I guess it's neat that the actress and actor actually did get married and are going to have a kid in real life, but ...

Yup, like disneygogetter said, better off posting in the more active "home" forum.

• Minion

I enjoy the show and I've seen every episode, but I do feel they are more steering toward Disney versions of the tales... Ariel, Prince Eric, Elsa, Belle, etc..
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I enjoy the show and I've seen every episode, but I do feel they are more steering toward Disney versions of the tales... Ariel, Prince Eric, Elsa, Belle, etc..
    Yes, they do generally seem to start with the Disney versions instead of some of the original old fairy tales. Of course, since it is an ABC/Disney production they would do so. Then they alter those versions of the stories, combining them and integrating them into a whole other "reality".
    I never did figure out how Dr. Frankenstein fit in there, though.
    That wasn't a Disney movie, was it?

I do enjoy watching OUAT!! I have been watching from the beginning. I guess anything goes on the show? Wizard of OZ? Now that is not Disney but is a fairy tale. I did enjoy it but it was not much like the original. No lion, scarecrow, tinman, or Toto. But the witch was Wicked!!!! I was not happy with the Peter Pan stories. Couldn't wrap my head around an evil Peter Pan! To far from original!

OUAT is an adult like Disney soap opera, but with a fun dark side. You get a little of the original Disney & fairy tale characters, but there is always a dark twist with a human tenderness/emotion linking the characters. This helps us relate to these fun characters!

My fav character is Captain Hook!!!

I am looking forward to Frozen's Elsa! Interesting!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I call Once Upon A Time, "Fractured Fairy Tales". It is a fun show. I should have started watching it from the beginning.

I also found OUAT in Wonderland entertaining, but not as good as the original. I've read that they'll be bringing at least one character from the spinoff into the original now that Wonderland is cancelled (Knave). Wonder if there will be more?

Yes, OUAT's Captain Hook has grown on me, although at first I was thinking "he's nothing like the one from the original stories" and I wasn't happy with the rest of their Peter Pan interpretations.
    I did like the young actor they had playing Pan, thought he had a good look for the part - just didn't like how much they altered the story and the character.
    The quick intro to next season's Frozen story line did give a somewhat sinister take to Elsa - but that wouldn't bother me as the original Snow Queen inspiration was a lot different from the Disney movie.
    LOL@ Fractured Fairy Tales - I used to watch that!
    Kind of like a Mad Magazine version of the classics.

• Evil is Sexy

Thanks for the link here, Scarlet Spanky. I had looked for an OUAT thread last year but no one seemed interested so I've been on a few other chat forums fangirling. LOL.

At first I was pissed they made Peter a villian, but I don't think he was ever really a good guy either. I adore Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook. The completely different spin on him and his story and Neverland was refreshing. I am a huge "Captain Swan" fan and was so excited that he might get a happy ending after all. He was never a true villian to me - not like Rumplestilskin and Regina are. I've always seen him as more anti-hero.

Rumplestiltskin is my favorite "baddy" on the show. I love Imp Rumple the best and originally adored the Beauty and the Beast spin they did with that. But, Belle has suffered as many other characters suffer on this show. (*cough*Baelfire*cough*) She had such a great start - smart, sassy, adventurous... and has dissolved into a strange puddle of contrivance.

My husband watches it as well and he likes Regina the best.

I watch it for the pretty and for the fun. If I thought too hard about the show, I think I would start to hate it with all the dumb Regina worship they have going on and sidelining of important things for plot! plot! plot!

The season finale episodes were my favorite two so far (Skin Deep, Snow Falls, Tallahassee and Good Form are my other ones.)

I also would like to see more of Bandit Snow White's personality come back. I think she's drowning in Mary Margaret humdrum right now.

Anyway - from interviews, it looks like they aren't planning on messing around too much with the Frozen lore. Perhaps we're going to see that Rumplestiltskin imprisoned Elsa as a favor to Hans and I don't think she's going to be a baddie. She may, instead, end up being the awesome, day saving, cold weilding sorceress she's supposed to be. Oh - and I totally hope they get Kristen Bell to play Anna. She said she would if it was offered.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Thanks for the link here, Scarlet Spanky. I had looked for an OUAT thread last year but no one seemed interested so I've been on a few other chat forums fangirling. LOL.

At first I was pissed they made Peter a villian, but I don't think he was ever really a good guy either. I adore Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook. The completely different spin on him and his story and Neverland was refreshing. I am a huge "Captain Swan" fan and was so excited that he might get a happy ending after all. He was never a true villian to me - not like Rumplestilskin and Regina are. I've always seen him as more anti-hero.

Rumplestiltskin is my favorite "baddy" on the show. I love Imp Rumple the best and originally adored the Beauty and the Beast spin they did with that. But, Belle has suffered as many other characters suffer on this show. (*cough*Baelfire*cough*) She had such a great start - smart, sassy, adventurous... and has dissolved into a strange puddle of contrivance.

My husband watches it as well and he likes Regina the best.

I watch it for the pretty and for the fun. If I thought too hard about the show, I think I would start to hate it with all the dumb Regina worship they have going on and sidelining of important things for plot! plot! plot!

The season finale episodes were my favorite two so far (Skin Deep, Snow Falls, Tallahassee and Good Form are my other ones.)

I also would like to see more of Bandit Snow White's personality come back. I think she's drowning in Mary Margaret humdrum right now.

Anyway - from interviews, it looks like they aren't planning on messing around too much with the Frozen lore. Perhaps we're going to see that Rumplestiltskin imprisoned Elsa as a favor to Hans and I don't think she's going to be a baddie. She may, instead, end up being the awesome, day saving, cold weilding sorceress she's supposed to be. Oh - and I totally hope they get Kristen Bell to play Anna. She said she would if it was offered.
    Interesting - thanks for your input!
    Yeah, if I thought about it too much I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much either.
    Btw, have you ever noticed how much Captain Hook/Colin O'Donoghue sounds a lot like Captain Sparrow/Johnny Depp? Close your eyes and listen to his voice sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast