Page 1 of 105 12341151101 ... LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Talking LOST Season 3 Thread! Spoilers Ahead!! You have been warned!

Being that the other thread was nearing the 2000 post max & season 3 information is coming out, I figured that I'd open this thread.

If you are posting information about an episode currently on (or any future episode), please use spoiler boxes (at least for everyone east of the pacific coast).

Here are some sneaks at Season 3. First is very general so I won't bother with Spoiler Boxes...
    During an interview Carlton Cuse revealed: We pick up where we left off, but obviously there are different stories on different parts of the island, and, you know, we will get to all of them in the first few episodes. But like last year, we didn't deal with the raft survivors in the first episode. Not everything is going to be answered in the first episode. But the captivity story [with Jack, Kate and Sawyer] will definitely be addressed.
    A few things we will learn... (nothing major)
    Spoiler
    Among the revelations to come: Viewers will learn more about Desmond and Penny, why Locke was paralyzed, why Libby was in the asylum, and why the island has healing powers.

Some more peaks into Season 3... (again nothing major)
    Spoiler
    The smoke monster is definitely not made of nanobots. Kate will "make her choice" in the first six episodes of the season. Her choice is presumably between Sawyer and Jack. The word "clone" will never be heard on the show. The Powers That Be all but confirmed Libby will be appearing in flashbacks, most logically Desmond's or Hurley's. If you're asking about daddy issues, you're asking the right questions. Strong implication that an underwater hatch might exist and that it might be explored this season. The producers say the hieroglyphics on the timer translate to "underworld".

Now some bigger hints at season 3, which possibly (and I use that word very loosly) hints at the fate of Locke...
    Spoiler
    During an interview Carlton Cuse revealed: We almost view the first six as a miniseries. And it's going to answer what we left hanging at the end of the finale. Obviously, we're going to explain what happened to Locke and Desmond and Eko, and sort of deal with the fact that Sawyer and Kate and Jack are in captivity. We would love to sort of finish up [Libby]'s story. We're casting two female roles and one new male role. I can't tell you where the characters are going to come from, but obviously, one of the things we're doing this year on the show is... learning a lot more about the Others, and their society and their history. So it might be fair to say that you're going to learn more about some other characters who are also Others. I wouldn't call it the season of sex, but I will say that romance will play a much more active part of the show this year... We actually meant to get to it last year. We didn't really get to the romance as fast as we thought we were going to. So this year that's definitely on our agenda. I think actually one of these new female characters is going to be a romantic interest, possibly for Jack. There will be several new romances on the show this year... I think that this year we're looking to make the show a little bit brighter, a little bit more vibrant, a little bit more on the action-adventure axis, a little bit more on the romance axis. I don't think the show will be as dark and as intense this year [as it was last season]. And it will be, I think, even more on the character axis than on the mythological axis. John Locke will be a very different person in Season 3. All of his questions and his doubts and his uncertainty have been answered. In fact, the button did mean something. And there was something at stake. And I think that will bring about a change in that character. Penny is an important character in the overarching mythology of the show. The interrelationship between the outside world and the island will be something that will be a part of Season 3. The monster will be a part of Season 3, as will the polar bear. People are asking what happened to the polar bear, so we will be doing some polar-bear stories. The smoke creature and the monster are one and the same. I hope Cindy shows up at some point. Let's just say we have many actors on our show; she is not at the top of the list of actors we're servicing.

Enough to whet your appetite?
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 05-11-2007 at 08:49 AM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: LOST Season 3 Thread! Spoilers Ahead!! You have been warned!

Yes ! I very much like that we are getting the answers to things mentioned in the first spoiler box. The second spoiler box items do not interest me as much. The third one has some interesting concepts and I am glad they are getting back to certain "things".

Also, thanks for starting a new thread for Season 3. That other one was getting to be a monster (pun intended).

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i cant wait!!!!

• Neep meep beep

Spoilerfix.com also has the name of the very first episode... A Tale of Two Cities, to air October 4, 2006. This is a later air date than last year, but the current plans are to have the series return in October for 6 episodes and then go in hiatus for 12 weeks and come back for 17 straight episodes, in part, based upon viewer complaints of the long wait time between new episodes. Also, this exciting information:
    Spoiler
    Kate will "make her choice" in the first six episodes of the season. Her choice is presumably between Sawyer and Jack. The word "clone" will never be heard on the show. The Powers That Be all but confirmed Libby will be appearing in flashbacks, most logically Desmond's or Hurley's. If you're asking about daddy issues, you're asking the right questions. Strong implication that an underwater hatch might exist and that it might be explored this season. The producers say the orange and black hieroglyphics on the expired timer translate to "underworld".

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Spoilerfix.com also has the name of the very first episode... A Tale of Two Cities, to air October 4, 2006. This is a later air date than last year, but the current plans are to have the series return in October for 6 episodes and then go in hiatus for 12 weeks and come back for 17 straight episodes, in part, based upon viewer complaints of the long wait time between new episodes.
    For those who don't want to figure the dates out, the episode structure will be as follows:
    October 4th: Season premiere
    October 11th: Episode 2
    October 18th: Episode 3
    October 25th: Episode 4
    November 1st: Episode 5
    November 8th: Block Finale (cliffhanger)
    13-Week Hiatus
    February 14th: Block premiere
    February 21st: Episode 8
    February 28th: Episode 9
    March 7th: Episode 10
    March 14th: Episode 11
    March 21st: Episode 12
    March 28th: Episode 13
    March 28th: Episode 13
    April 4th: Episode 14
    April 11th: Episode 15
    April 18th: Episode 16
    April 25th: Episode 17
    May 2nd: Episode 18
    May 9th: Episode 19
    May 16th: Episode 20
    May 23rd: Episode 21
    May 30th: Season Finale
    Spoiler
    Kate will "make her choice" in the first six episodes of the season. Her choice is presumably between Sawyer and Jack. The word "clone" will never be heard on the show. The Powers That Be all but confirmed Libby will be appearing in flashbacks, most logically Desmond's or Hurley's. If you're asking about daddy issues, you're asking the right questions. Strong implication that an underwater hatch might exist and that it might be explored this season. The producers say the orange and black hieroglyphics on the expired timer translate to "underworld".
    Deja vu.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

This still ticks me off, just for the record. We complain about the long breaks, so they just have one really, really long break? Okay then.

The spoilers do look good. I think I swore off this show when last season ended but here I am, anticipating it big time.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    This still ticks me off, just for the record. We complain about the long breaks, so they just have one really, really long break? Okay then.
    They don't have a choice. McPherson (ABC President) said that if they could, Lost would be shown a new episode every week, but due to the constraints of filming/editing, they simply cannot do that (the only way would be to premier it in February, and they felt that was way too long). So the choice was
    A) Keep it like it was. Have new episodes and repeats mixed in with each other.
    or
    B) Put it in two strait blocks. There would be no repeats at all shown & when it's on it's on.

Being that 'A' pissed people off last season, they opted for 'B' this year. And yes, there won't be any repeats shown in the Wednesday, 9pm (est) hour this year.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Lost is getting a new hottie on the island:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060725/en_tv_eo/19588

I Rodrigo Santoro! This might be enough for me to start watching Lost.

This is what he might look like on the island:
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• Disney Memory Maker

'Lost' Numbers Are Up
    No one on the TV series "Lost" has yet been able to explain the significance of the number string that seems to follow the characters around. Those playing the "Lost Experience" game, though, may find out soon.

ABC says the globe-spanning online game, which launched in May, will reveal the meaning behind the 4-8-15-16-23-42 number string -- which has bedeviled Hurley (Jorge Garcia) in particular -- in its current phase. The network also promises information on the mysterious Alvar Hanso and his Hanso Foundation before the game concludes at the start of the show's third season.

"The reward we've always promised from the Lost Experience is information, which is currency to anyone who is a fan of the show or a participant in this game," says Mike Benson, head of marketing for ABC Entertainment. "This additional form of storytelling allows us to engage current and new fans in a genuinely innovative way while delivering the same extraordinary content that 'Lost' provides as a television series."

The "Lost Experience" takes viewers deep down the rabbit hole of mythology surrounding the series and involves a number of web sites, blogs and video clips -- some embedded in the sites of corporate sponsors -- as well as a bit of theater. At last weekend's Comic-Con in San Diego, an actress saying she was "Experience" figure "Rachel Blake" interrupted a panel on the show to tout one of the game's sites, Hanso Exposed.

The game has already given players clues to the significance of the Black Rock -- the old ship several castaways discovered during the show's first season -- and the reason why the DHARMA Initiative is so named (apparently DHARMA stands for Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications).

ABC says players need not have watched "Lost" before to get in on the game, which is also running in the U.K. and Australia. Players from around the world are encouraged to share clues.

• The Twilight Zone

oh the suspense is killing me

• My cuties!

Ooooh! I'm liking the new hottie!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    Ooooh! I'm liking the new hottie!
    Me too!

• GO DBACKS!!

I'll add a "hubba hubba". yum

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Down Under without Nemo..

Romance = Yuk !!

...Unless there's a gay romance with the new guy !
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Neep meep beep

More news. Not spoilers, but if you really want to keep from knowing anything about the new season (in which case, why are you here?), then don't scroll down:

Elizabeth Mitchell has joined the cast of ABC's hit drama "Lost" as a possible new love interest for Matthew Fox's character, sources said. Source: Yahoo!

The first episode of the season is Kate-centric. This first episode will have flashbacks featuring a 60-year-old motherly, warm, and funny woman as well as handsome twenty-year-old Karl.

As mentioned above, the first six episodes are played out as a mini-series, focusing on the "what happened" aspects of the characters in the finale.

Page 1 of 105 12341151101 ... LastLast