Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I am still an ep behind so I haven't read this for a few weeks but I have to say...

Zach looked too much like Justin Timberlake playing Barry Gibb for me to take him seriously!! I kept expecting him to do that hair tossing thing that Justin does! Tell me that's not his real hair PLEASE!!!

THATS WHERE I'VE SEEN THAT HAIRSTYLE BEFORE!!!!!

Rumor has it, he's going to star in his own movie. Called.....

"Dude, Get A Haircut!"

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

This episode had so many good lines. Among them:
    • Verne calling the girl That little blond bitch with sparklers coming out of her ***
    • Lynette & Parker: "Do you really mean that or are you trying to manipulate me into feeling bad?" "..... a little of both." "Daddy taught you well".
    • Tom to Lynette: "You do know you'll have to sleep with the boss?"
    But by far, the best line of the night was Mrs. McKluskey's, "Someone should be held on a hillside to rot." I knew she was going to say something.

Gabby/Zach: I think it was very sweet of Gabby to become friends with Zach. On the other hand, I thought it was very creepy for Zach to still try and become her boyfriend. He could have had a very good friend, but instead he is going to ruin it all and one of them is going to get hurt.

Lynette: I am very happy that she quit from work. In a very odd way, I think Kayla greatly improved her story line (now we just have to get rid of that snotty girl and I'll be all happy with the Scavos ).

Susan/Ian: It appears that Susan now truly does love Ian. Now that she knows about Jane's affair, she really does want Ian to trust her by not seeing Mike. On the other hand, it appears (by the final scene) that Mike really does want to love her. And while I wouldn't put it past the producers, I don't think Ian put Jane into the coma.

Bree/Orson/Alma/Mother Hodge: Perhaps the strangest of all the story lines. You can tell Marcia's almost ready to go on maternity leave as her scenes are getting shorter and shorter. That pre-sex scene with Alma and Orson had to have been one of the strangest scenes on the show. It was just weird. And now I'm completely confused on what happened to Monique. I'm definitely not counting out Orson because we already know he ran over Mike (and I still think he is very suspicious). But I'm also not counting out Alma or Mother Hodge. The person I'm least expecting at the moment is Mike as (besides the wrench) I have no reason to believe he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Okay, now color me confused - When we first met Alma, she was leaving and Orson showed up and she looked like a scared rabbit - now all of a sudden she's some super confident woman? Did the writers think we wouldn't remember? or are Alma and Monique twins? Ahhhhh maybe we saw Monique that was moving out.....hhhmmm
    According to Alma, she became more confident while she was gone. We also know for a fact that Monique is in fact dead. Also keep in mind that even though it only seems like a few episodes, it has been over 6 months since Alma left Orson.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    According to Alma, she became more confident while she was gone. We also know for a fact that Monique is in fact dead. Also keep in mind that even though it only seems like a few episodes, it has been over 6 months since Alma left Orson.
    Something just hit me... Alma left Orson. Now, why does she want him back? Keeping in mind the epi that showed her so desperately (hee) leaving him, why on earth would you want to go back to him now?
    xo, Deanna

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Something just hit me... Alma left Orson. Now, why does she want him back? Keeping in mind the epi that showed her so desperately (hee) leaving him, why on earth would you want to go back to him now?
    In the words of Mary-Alice, "[After she had a miscarriage] So Alma found herself married to a man who seemed to despise her. Still, Alma hoped things would get better. Until the day she discovered Orson was having an affair. And Alma realized the only way she'd ever get her husband to appreciate her was to leave him. Immediately." Following that there was the scene between Orson & Alma where he told her he wanted her to leave him. Back to Mary Alice.... "It was at that moment Alma realized it wasn't enough to leave her husband. He had to be punished. Yes, this was the journey of Alma Hodge. And it wasn't over yet."

Now here is it in Alma's words.... "In Canada, my aunt lives there. Well [People thinking Orson killed me] is sort of what I wanted. That's why I left my bird behind and only took cash... so they couldn't trace me by my credit cards. I'm not saying [deliberately framing Orson] was my finest hour, but you have to understand, Orson hurt me very badly. He cheated on me. And I thought if I left, [Monique would] get scared and leave him like he left me. Isn't jealousy awful? I found this fantastic therapist. He told me that by holding on to my anger I was just hurting myself, which is hard to deny, I mean I'm here in Winnipeg with a deaf aunt. So I thought, it's time to make amends."
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Bree/Orson/Alma/Mother Hodge: That pre-sex scene with Alma and Orson had to have been one of the strangest scenes on the show. It was just weird.
    I have to agree. The lingerie might have been kinda sexy, but that music she played coulda put any guy impotent or sterile! Blue pill, or no blue pill!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    His name is Ian.

If any of you recognize him, he was the villian in Mission Impossible 2.
    i knew i recognised him and now that jane is gone I think he will become the villain again. something about her having an affair and then him " forgiving" her and who knows what he said to her on the phone. I must admit this season is getting good. much better than last season. I love how paul is stuck in jail and his crazy son has enough money to buy the world.

• Earth Intruder

I'm happy just as long as Edie's nephew appears shirtless.

That makes Sunday nites worth living.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• phbbbbbt

In the words of Mary-Alice, "[After she had a miscarriage] So Alma found herself married to a man who seemed to despise her. Still, Alma hoped things would get better. Until the day she discovered Orson was having an affair. And Alma realized the only way she'd ever get her husband to appreciate her was to leave him. Immediately." Following that there was the scene between Orson & Alma where he told her he wanted her to leave him. Back to Mary Alice.... "It was at that moment Alma realized it wasn't enough to leave her husband. He had to be punished. Yes, this was the journey of Alma Hodge. And it wasn't over yet."
    See what happens when you miss ONE episode??? I totally missed all of that... Thank you for filling me in!!!
    xo, Deanna

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    See what happens when you miss ONE episode??? I totally missed all of that... Thank you for filling me in!!!
    If you did miss that episode (or want a recap), ABC.com should be showing it for a few more weeks. (It is the 1/7/07 episode).

Also, a reminder to everyone here..... Desperate Housewives won't be new again for 3 more weeks (the week after the Superbowl).

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Also, a reminder to everyone here..... Desperate Housewives won't be new again for 3 more weeks (the week after the Superbowl).
    Again? I don't like what these networks are doing. All of them if I'm correct. It's a new thing, isn't it? They start their seasons off in a normal time in September then at the end of the year the shows were all in re-runs for like a month. Now they start up again at the beginning of the new year and DH is going to be on reruns again for a few weeks? Why are they doing this? It's like two mini seasons instead of one full one.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Again? I don't like what these networks are doing. All of them if I'm correct. It's a new thing, isn't it? They start their seasons off in a normal time in September then at the end of the year the shows were all in re-runs for like a month. Now they start up again at the beginning of the new year and DH is going to be on reruns again for a few weeks? Why are they doing this? It's like two mini seasons instead of one full one.
    Well next week DH (and some of its actors) are nominated for SAG awards, but the real reason its not on is that they want to save the episodes for February Sweeps (which starts the week after). The week after that there is that little sporting event called the Superbowl on. Keeping in mind DH attracted 17m people last week going against a combined 54m people on the other networks (down from its usual 20-22m), imagine how much it would suffer if ABC put it up against the Superbowl (an event that draws just about 100m). They are simply not going to waste an episode on a night like that.

And its only off for two weeks. The only show that went on a huge hiatus this year was Lost (for 12 weeks), but that was to create 17 episodes in a row.

Well next week DH (and some of its actors) are nominated for SAG awards, but the real reason its not on is that they want to save the episodes for February Sweeps (which starts the week after). The week after that there is that little sporting event called the Superbowl on. Keeping in mind DH attracted 17m people last week going against a combined 54m people on the other networks (down from its usual 20-22m), imagine how much it would suffer if ABC put it up against the Superbowl (an event that draws just about 100m). They are simply not going to waste an episode on a night like that.

And its only off for two weeks. The only show that went on a huge hiatus this year was Lost (for 12 weeks), but that was to create 17 episodes in a row.
    Yeah, that makes sense about the Super Bowl but I'm not talking about specifically for this show. I want to know why all the shows on all the networks (at least all the ones I watch) went on like a month break for December and then they're airing reruns again so soon? When I'm bored, I'll check my TiVO to see what upcoming episodes are going to air for the shows that I subscribe to. Many of them are reruns next week. I've never noticed this happening before where all programs would be old ones, unless it was summer.

• Disney Memory Maker

Yeah, that makes sense about the Super Bowl but I'm not talking about specifically for this show. I want to know why all the shows on all the networks (at least all the ones I watch) went on like a month break for December and then they're airing reruns again so soon? When I'm bored, I'll check my TiVO to see what upcoming episodes are going to air for the shows that I subscribe to. Many of them are reruns next week. I've never noticed this happening before where all programs would be old ones, unless it was summer.
    It's just the way the schedule runs out. Figure that the standard show will have roughly 22 episodes. Now (assuming it's a full-year show), networks pretty much have to put episodes throughout November, February & May (the sweeps months). Add into that 4 episodes between September & October. There alone you have 16 out of the 22 episodes. The other 6 episodes must be distributed between January, March & April. Each season will contain roughly 22 episodes & 12 repeats, so they have to be placed somewhere.

It's just the way the schedule runs out. Figure that the standard show will have roughly 22 episodes. Now (assuming it's a full-year show), networks pretty much have to put episodes throughout November, February & May (the sweeps months). Add into that 4 episodes between September & October. There alone you have 16 out of the 22 episodes. The other 6 episodes must be distributed between January, March & April. Each season will contain roughly 22 episodes & 12 repeats, so they have to be placed somewhere.
    Is it only that amount of episodes? I thought it was more than that, like 30 or something.

• Disney Memory Maker

Is it only that amount of episodes? I thought it was more than that, like 30 or something.
    Depends on the show, it could be anywhere from 23 (most serialized shows like DH & Lost) to 27ish (non-serialized shows like Sitcoms, reality shows, etc).

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast