Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    I know what the unexpected love affair is.......

Going by the preview from last night, it's Edie and Carlos. Which I have to say, it's not unexpected. I saw it coming with the last new episode where he set her straight with telling her how to raise her son.
    I know. I'm not a big fan of the pairing. I really want Carlos to get back with Gaby.

• Minion

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I know. I'm not a big fan of the pairing. I really want Carlos to get back with Gaby.
    Everyone does. Or just about everyone anyways. (Covers those just itching to deny it right now. :P )

We all know it will happen. But before it can, something has to happen to make Gabby and Carlos realize they still love each other.

• Earth Intruder

Is there a new episode yet or are they still pulling this "one new episode per month" BS? I used to make a point to be home Sunday nite to watch, but when three out of every four weeks is a rerun, then I just get annoyed.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

Won't know until Sunday.

• Disney Memory Maker

They needed to save episodes for sweeps. DH will start its final run this season this Sunday and will have new episodes every week until its season finale in late May.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Oh bother!

Me too! I hope at least we'll get a good catfight out of this. I'd love to see Edie and Gaby go at each other!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Minion

There's still the rumor that one of the wives will get killed off at the end of this season, or will be near death. So who knows.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    There's still the rumor that one of the wives will get killed off at the end of this season, or will be near death. So who knows.
    I'm thinking its going to be Susan. They can only keep the Ian-Mike-Susan Triangle for so long. Killing Ian would be too easy and killing Mike would be too predictable. I have a feeling that Susan will finally fall back in love with Mike and at a key moment will be killed.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disney Memory Maker

Anyone else see last night's episode? Definitely not anywhere near the best of the season (I attribute that to Marcia Cross being gone), but it was funny and it was nice to see more of Edie. The best storyline imo was Susan's. The cross-dressing dad, the evil mother-in-law, the scene with Mike. Very funny all around. Worst storyline: Lynette. This episode was filled with great one-liners though...

"Divorce the *** and seize the assets." -Susan
    "You nailed me, Carlos. Maybe not the way I wanted you to." -Edie
    "Well, I guess we're babysitting the kids?" -Susan (I loved Susan & Gabby's faces at this part)
    "As a boss. As a husband, I'm too damn scared of you." -Tom
    "There'll be no topics that I need to skirt. No issue that I won't address. I won't conceal my true thoughts under garments of secrecy." -Susan

And just so everyone knows, there will be a new episode every week for the rest of the season.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

why was marcia cross gone? was it because of the pregency?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Disney Memory Maker

She's on bed rest from her pregnancy. In her absence, Nicolette Sheridan (Edie) is getting a bigger role.

Carlos + Edie =

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Carlos + Edie =
    I think I would have more invested in this couple if I didn't really want Carlos and Gabby back together! But in all honesty, they just didn't go about it in the right way. I loved Edie's stripping scene and how vulnerable she was, but the lead up was all about "I'm so horny I could seduce my 65 year old gardener right now!"

It may have been better to let it build slowly - like they were doing. Have Carlos with Edie's son a lot while Edie goes out on date after date and then when she comes home, she puts on sweats or something un-Edie like and sits and has a beer with Carlos while lamenting about her awful date. Build up the potential man/woman friends first aspect and then you could have a true triangle if Gabby suddenly comes fighting for her man. As it is now, they both seem to enjoy each other, but I don't see the spark for long term.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I think I would have more invested in this couple if I didn't really want Carlos and Gabby back together! But in all honesty, they just didn't go about it in the right way. I loved Edie's stripping scene and how vulnerable she was, but the lead up was all about "I'm so horny I could seduce my 65 year old gardener right now!"

It may have been better to let it build slowly - like they were doing. Have Carlos with Edie's son a lot while Edie goes out on date after date and then when she comes home, she puts on sweats or something un-Edie like and sits and has a beer with Carlos while lamenting about her awful date. Build up the potential man/woman friends first aspect and then you could have a true triangle if Gabby suddenly comes fighting for her man. As it is now, they both seem to enjoy each other, but I don't see the spark for long term.
    Totally true! At the beginning of the episode Edie was complaining about how she hasn't had it in three weeks, etc. Totally made the rest of the episode different for me. To me, all she wanted was sex and NOW. Also, wouldn't she talk to Gaby about this instead of just going for her ex-husband?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Agreed Tinkermonkry... I could go more for the Edie/Carlos angle if it had been built up. Of course, i'm not much of an Edie fan, to begin with.

I don't like how they're writing Lynette these days. I mean... on orange shirt? And like she wouldn't have complained BEFORE they were ordered? Whatever. Hopefully w/her running things they'll back off on her stupidness. My favorite couple and they're getting so tiresome
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast