Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Ummm...wow?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

I know!
    Spoiler
    Do you think they would really kill off Edie?

• Disney Memory Maker

Good episode all around and another big moment at the end...
    Spoiler

Bree/Family - How Bree of her to not actually get pregnant but just cover up Danielle's pregnancy. She wasn't used the best today, but I loved her entrance and cannot wait until next season when she's back to being pure Bree. I did love her section with Andrew (writing the email on Julie's behalf).

Susan/Mike - Loved to see the two finally get married. Julie had one of the best lines of the night when she said "Are you kidding.... they've been dragging this out for three years." How true. Loved how Mike kept envisioning Susan and her klutziness with the chocolate fountain, doves, etc.

Gabby/Victor/Carlos - I am so happy to that Gabby got to see Victor's true side today. I was half expecting her to shout out to the whole reception that she wanted a divorce, but I guess that will have to wait for fall. And that scene with her and Carlos was very sweet (about how he ruined his life). I hope the two get back together (but keep their friendly relationship).

Lynette - Ah, yet another "mother" of a mother. I think her mother is being rather nice and Lynette just isn't giving her a chance. Looks like will be seeing a lot more of her though. Glad to see things in the Scavo house is at least somewhat coming back to normal.

Edie - Wow..... all I can say is wow. Obviously things couldn't look good for her when she dreamt of her dead mother.... but I would have thought she would have all the more determined to keep that future from happening. But I guess the only way she saw how was to kill herself. When I saw her at the end with the Mary Alice narration, I was thinking to myself "no....she wouldn't". Then the scarf came out and the chair and I was practically yelling at the TV. Edie will certainly be missed.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Ummm...wow?
    Yeah, speachless. I don't know what to think about the ending. Just speachless.

Spoiler
    Didn't much care for Edie on the rope (scarf).

Now we wait, and wait, and wait.

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Good episode all around and another big moment at the end...
    Spoiler

Bree/Family - How Bree of her to not actually get pregnant but just cover up Danielle's pregnancy. She wasn't used the best today, but I loved her entrance and cannot wait until next season when she's back to being pure Bree. I did love her section with Andrew (writing the email on Julie's behalf).

Susan/Mike - Loved to see the two finally get married. Julie had one of the best lines of the night when she said "Are you kidding.... they've been dragging this out for three years." How true. Loved how Mike kept envisioning Susan and her klutziness with the chocolate fountain, doves, etc.

Gabby/Victor/Carlos - I am so happy to that Gabby got to see Victor's true side today. I was half expecting her to shout out to the whole reception that she wanted a divorce, but I guess that will have to wait for fall. And that scene with her and Carlos was very sweet (about how he ruined his life). I hope the two get back together (but keep their friendly relationship).

Lynette - Ah, yet another "mother" of a mother. I think her mother is being rather nice and Lynette just isn't giving her a chance. Looks like will be seeing a lot more of her though. Glad to see things in the Scavo house is at least somewhat coming back to normal.

Edie - Wow..... all I can say is wow. Obviously things couldn't look good for her when she dreamt of her dead mother.... but I would have thought she would have all the more determined to keep that future from happening. But I guess the only way she saw how was to kill herself. When I saw her at the end with the Mary Alice narration, I was thinking to myself "no....she wouldn't". Then the scarf came out and the chair and I was practically yelling at the TV. Edie will certainly be missed.
    They could've killed her off better than that, instead of just committing suicide.

Now the question is, where are they going to start next season off from? The next day, or early fall when Bree "has the baby?"

And I believe you meant on Danielle's half.

And the sweetest scene of the night was Mike's and Susan's. And yes, Julie's line was the best of the night. lol

Alas, this thread will soon come to an end.....

and we'll all have to wait for September to come to see what happens next.

• Banned User

Wow. Ending the season by killing off a major character. How original! Glad to see that every TV writer today all obviously went to the exact same school, took the exact same classes and copied off the exact same people. This is way better than the old days when shows used story and twists to create cliffhangers! Going for cheap shock value by whacking a main cast member is way better! Awesome!

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Wow. Ending the season by killing off a major character. How original! Glad to see that every TV writer today all obviously went to the exact same school, took the exact same classes and copied off the exact same people. This is way better than the old days when shows used story and twists to create cliffhangers! Going for cheap shock value by whacking a main cast member is way better! Awesome!

Now let's not jump to concuslions first off i cryed haha i cry alot... Second off who's to say she's not going to be found before she actually dies, If tv has taught me nething it's to expect the un expected so edie could still be alive, Just a thought possibly a hope i dont know now season 4 ergh how long till the premire?
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Banned User

I'm sorry dude, but I have virtually no idea what the hell you just said. How about one more time, with grammar?

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticBoy View Post
    Now let's not jump to concuslions first off i cryed haha i cry alot... Second off who's to say she's not going to be found before she actually dies, If tv has taught me nething it's to expect the un expected so edie could still be alive, Just a thought possibly a hope i dont know now season 4 ergh how long till the premire?

I have a hard time picturing Edie just "hanging around" for 3 months.

Wonder, wonder, wonder...

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    Yeah, speachless. I don't know what to think about the ending. Just speachless.

Spoiler
    Didn't much care for Edie on the rope (scarf).

Now we wait, and wait, and wait.

CU@DL

Andy
    Now, if one was to hang themselves on a scarf and they weighed at least 100lbs, wouldn't the weight of the body rip that flimsy little scarf??? Seriously, with a scarf??? C'mon, couldn't Edie sneak into Mike's old garage and get a rope since they lived next door to each other? Weird...and I'm still shocked by it.

I'm sorry dude, but I have virtually no idea what the hell you just said. How about one more time, with grammar?
    You said it Jazzman. But after reading DFB's post a few times, I'm not too sure anyone will find Edie in time before she dies. The only one in her life was Carlos and he totally kicked her to the curb at Gaby's wedding. Who else would possibly go to her house just to say hello???
    As for what I thought of the whole episode, seeing Bree made me happy. I agree about the moment when she was sitting on the bed with the laptop. "AWESOME"? LOL... I have to admit, I thought Susan & Mike's wedding was very sweet even though I can't stand the skeleton of an actress. I'm very happy Carlos dumped Edie. He deserves better and I hope that "better" is Gaby. Glad they came together at the reception. Too bad she didn't back out of the wedding completely when Victor called her stupid. What a jerk. Tom & Lynette...I don't know, I wasn't really into that storyline last night. I'm still on the fence about her mother though. Overall, I had more happy moments than angry or sad ones. Good: Bree, Gaby & Carlos, Susan & Mike, and Carlos dumping Edie. Can't wait until Season 4!!!

Forgot to mention, the bedroom set in the hotel that Bree & Orson were staying at is the same one I bought a few months ago from Easy Life Furniture. I was so excited when I saw the same headboard I have on there!

• Disney Memory Maker

Exactly. I mean lets look at past DH season finales.

Season 1 - Zach holds Mike at gunpoint.... right before it fades out we hear what sounds like a gun shot. Season 2 opens with Susan charging at Zach, saving Mike.

Season 2 - Orson runs over Mike in what looks like a fatal crash, we learn in season 3 it just put him into a coma.

Personally, I think Edie's dead, a sad but appropriate (given that episode) way to go. But she definitely could still make it.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    I have a hard time picturing Edie just "hanging around" for 3 months.
    I personally do think she is dead, but she may not be.

They could use the same tactic as last night and start the premiere with '3 months ago..." and show what happened. So thinking that she won't be hanging there for three months is obviously right, but it isn't necessarily the reason she is not dead.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

It could be that whatever post or beam she hung herself from wasn't stable enough to hold her weight. I am thinking that there is a possibility that she isn't dead. It could also be another cry for attention.

She could have rigged the whole thing up like Winona Ryder's character in "Heathers".
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm so easy. I love cheap shock value. I was pleased with the finale, and eagerly await the fall.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    It could be that whatever post or beam she hung herself from wasn't stable enough to hold her weight. I am thinking that there is a possibility that she isn't dead. It could also be another cry for attention.

She could have rigged the whole thing up like Winona Ryder's character in "Heathers".
    Here's another thing I was thinking...since when does Edie get so needy and desperate to hold onto a man? For the three seasons of Desperate Housewives, never have I thought she would kill herself because a guy broke up with her. She wanted Mike at the beginning, lost him to Susan...big deal, she moved on. She had Susan's ex-husband Carl, lost him again to Susan, she bounced back from that as well. She got Mike when he woke up from the coma and she broke up with him and managed to do fine. Now she hooked up with Carlos (pretty much because she was "lonely" and wanted "company" and he was the first piece of meat she saw) and HE is the reason Edie ends her life? I always thought of her as a strong and independent woman and that's why I'm still on the fence about her whole suicide.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast