Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I always thought of her as a strong and independent woman and that's why I'm still on the fence about her whole suicide.
    I think the suicide was more having to do with her dead mother's statement that she would die alone. Edie now knew that was going to happen and decided it best to just end it now. Just my thoughts though.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    I think the suicide was more having to do with her dead mother's statement that she would die alone. Edie now knew that was going to happen and decided it best to just end it now. Just my thoughts though.
    You make a good point but I still can't see her killing herself off like that. Maybe go into a bad neighborhood and ask for trouble or something less ridiculous than to kill yourself with a scarf.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

I Dont think the scarf or beam can hold her... she's alive i jus feel it :P
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Wow... I don't like edie but I certainly didn't want THAT! to happen.

But i really hope Carlos and Gabby get back together!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

This thread is still open?!?!

Congrats to the lucky couple this weekend, Mr Tony Parker & Mrs Eva Longoria. I believe their wedding is this weekend.

• Earth Intruder

I thought it'd be a good idea for Edie to die so she could come back as the narrator (Mary Alice being completely insignificant at this point)
    Spoiler
    but rumor has it that she will indeed be back in Season 4, i.e. that the suicide attempt didn't work.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    (Mary Alice being completely insignificant at this point)
    Brenda Strong has been signed on through all seven seasons to be the show's narrator (as Mary Alice), so I wouldn't expect any changes there (except for the occasional special episode like the one Steven Culp as Rex narrated).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

I'm so glad to hear Mary Alice will stay as narrator- I love her! The opening and closing sequences are something I actually pay attention to, unlike a lot of my tv viewing. They're just flat-out genius.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disney Memory Maker

For those interested, here are the Emmy nods for DH.....
    • Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series
    • Outstanding Costumes For A Series ("Getting Married Today")
    • Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series (Dixie Carter as Gloria Hodge) :yeah:
    • Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series (Laurie Metcalf as Carolyn Bigsby) :yeah:
    • Outstanding Hairstyling For A Series ("It Takes Two")
    • Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series (Felicity Huffman as Lynnette Scavo)
    Only disappointment to me is the lack once again of Marcia Cross for Lead Actress.

• Minion

Well, Marcia wasn't in the season that long enough I guess to be nominated, but I could be wrong. Teri just didn't have any worthy enough performances or scenes to get her a nomination. Eva, well, her character hasn't had any seriously fulfilling storylines to garner a nomination. But it really went to Felicity because she had probably the best storylines, yes with an "s" to garner a nomination. From dealing with Tom's ex, to being shot, to dealing with a pediphile, to having feelings for another man and to having cancer.

Let's hope she gets the emmy, as well all the others who are nominated will win as well. And since we know that Dixie and Laurie are up for the same award, they both can't win. But I have a good feeling that the award will go to long time veteran Dixie Carter.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    Well, Marcia wasn't in the season that long enough I guess to be nominated, but I could be wrong.
    That certainly could be it, but I can't find anything in the rules about minimum screen time. And she was in 16 out of 23 episodes, roughly 70% of the episodes. And the episodes she was in she got the most screen time out of. But like I said, I'm not sure.

But it really went to Felicity because she had probably the best storylines, yes with an "s" to garner a nomination. From dealing with Tom's ex, to being shot, to dealing with a pediphile, to having feelings for another man and to having cancer.
    I have to definitely disagree there. While I certainly will not deny Felicity the shopping market shootdown episode or even the pedophile storyline, the rest of her stories, to me, frankly sucked. The whole Nora debacle was the "Nikki & Paulo" of DH. It was criticized and hated by both critics and fans in general. Then of course she got the Shootout/Pedophile stint, but then they had to follow that with the Pizzeria. Yes, it worked in the begining, but about 2 episodes in it just got dull & repetitive. And of course they had to end the season with the I'm not really flirting with him storyline (which at least to me was so out of character and not believable). Just my opinion though. Agree with you though on Gabby & Susan. To me, Marcia got the best storyline of the season with Orson and of course the fantastic Emmy-worthy (ironic, right?) Mother Hodge/Orson/Mike/etc story.

Let's hope she gets the emmy, as well all the others who are nominated will win as well.
    Me too, but I have a feeling America Ferrera (in Ugly Betty) will be victorious.

And since we know that Dixie and Laurie are up for the same award, they both can't win. But I have a good feeling that the award will go to long time veteran Dixie Carter.
    Me too. But even though I absolutely loved Dixie Carter as Gloria Hodge (quite possibly the only actress imo to challenge Marcia Cross in Emmy-worthiness), I'm hoping Laurie Metcalf will win. The way she portrayed Bigsby was just freakin' hysterical. To me, she fits the "comedy" bill more than Dixie does. But on the other hand Laurie has received Emmys before (on Roseanne) and Dixie has not. So who knows.

• phbbbbbt

And of course they had to end the season with the I'm not really flirting with him storyline (which at least to me was so out of character and not believable). Just my opinion though.
    The flirting storyline was totally believable... She has done nothing but give and give to her family, she has sacraficed everything she wants, to make her husband happy, and then she had to run the business she didn't even want, plus maintain the house because Tom was laid up. Trust me, there is no job as difficult as being a multi-tasking housewife, especially if you work out of the home in addition to taking care of your family. I wasn't suprised at all that she liked the flirting, that it made her feel good about herself, that it gave her an opportunity to be just Lynette, not mom, not wife, not boss, not businesswoman, she was appreciated for being just Lynette. It is a very inviting, though slippery slope...
    xo, Deanna

• Minion

Has anyone ever tried the Desperate Housewives CD-ROM game for their computers? It's actually quite interesting. Granted, the lead character is a female, or a housewife to put it better, that you have to create and you play and you have a husband and a 13 y/o son to interact with among the other residents of Wysteria Lane. But, I was bored in the middle of the night last night, staying awake for the baby so Becka can get her sleep before going to work. The timeframe takes place after the death of Rex, but before Orson appeared so I think it's somewhere around torwards the end of season 2 because it also mentioned Susan marrying Carl for health benefits and breaking up with a certain doctor. It's kind of a cross between those "find your fate" books, and the Sims. You play and interact with everyone like it's The Sims, but as you carry on conversations, you are allowed some options on what to say, and depending on what you choose to say will direct the flow of the conversation as well as the flow of your character and her relationships with the rest of the neighbors.

• Disney Memory Maker

For those interested, here are the Emmy nods for DH.....
    • Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series
    • Outstanding Costumes For A Series ("Getting Married Today")
    • Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series (Dixie Carter as Gloria Hodge) :yeah:
    • Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series (Laurie Metcalf as Carolyn Bigsby) :yeah:
    • Outstanding Hairstyling For A Series ("It Takes Two")
    • Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series (Felicity Huffman as Lynnette Scavo)
    Only disappointment to me is the lack once again of Marcia Cross for Lead Actress.
    In what I personally feel is an atrocity, both Laurie Metcalf and Dixie Carter were denied the Emmy (it went to Elaine Stritch on 30 Rock). Not surprising, but certainly disappointing. It also lost Casting to Ugly Betty, Costumes to Tudors & Hairstyling to Rome. We will find out Felicity's nomination this Sunday.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526