Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Mmm, Carlos.

Uh, I mean... Desperate Housewives was number 1 in the Nielsen ratings this week!!!
    YAY!! It totally deserved it after that ep!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Mmm, Carlos.
    Word.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

I finally caught up with last week's episode (thank god for the watch-online on abc.com!)

Oh. My. God.

So so so good. Even after reading the spoilers here yesterday, I was still completely blown away by the episode. Best episode ever. Seriously, it was amazing.

And even though I hated Nora, I still felt incredibly bad for her.

And I feel bad for Bree, she's going to have some major issues with coping with this since she feels at fault for it all.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 -

"I told you she'd have food"

And the casualness with which Nora was shot... dang.

Gabby and Carlos make me laugh. They shouldn't, but they do. And I loved the margarita scene with the girls.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Man O Lantern

Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welcome

For some reason, locally, Six Degrees wasn't on last night, but Desperate Housewives was, so I did end up seeing that episode. It was so great, and like so many have said, I also teared up and flat out cried at one point. So. good.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    For some reason, locally, Six Degrees wasn't on last night, but Desperate Housewives was, so I did end up seeing that episode. It was so great, and like so many have said, I also teared up and flat out cried at one point. So. good.
    6 Degrees is on a 'temporary hiatus' (read: "thisclose to being cancelled"). DH filled tonight's slot, a Barbara Walters Special will fill next week's slot & Men in Trees will run in that timeslot for (possibly) the rest of the season.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3

No tey can't cancel 6 Desgrees!!!
    at least show the remaining eps
    Like CBS is showing the remaining Smith eps on the Internet.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - The Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I think they wanted to replay the #1 rated show and episode for the week, and just play an encore of it. Though I wouldn't be surprised of 6 degrees would be put on hiatus because it just didn't attract that many viewers. I still say one thing though.......

BRING BACK COMMANDER & CHIEF!!!!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    I think they wanted to replay the #1 rated show and episode for the week, and just play an encore of it. Though I wouldn't be surprised of 6 degrees would be put on hiatus because it just didn't attract that many viewers.
    Just as a comparison, the DH repeat pulled in 8.99m viewers (from Grey's 20.57m). Last week, 6Degrees pulled in 7.59m (from Grey's 20.96m). A repeat of a show that was already seen by over 20m viewers still was watched by over a million more people than a new episode of 6D (even from a slightly lower lead-in). If 6 Degrees does make it back to the schedule, I'd expect ABC to bury it on Fridays or Saturdays.

I still say one thing though.......
    BRING BACK COMMANDER & CHIEF!!!!
    Couldn't agree with you more. Commander in Chief was one of the best shows on TV. Only ABC could ruin the most watched new show of the season. The entire thing was ruined when they changed producers, changed the 'theme song' and brought in Dickie (and by ruined, I don't necessarily mean creatively but rather ratings-wise). Boccio made it too generic. It wasn't until Dee Johnson came on deck did it return to greatness. The scenes with Sutherland and Davis were magic.

At least there is good news in that ABC is making a TV Movie "Commander in Chief." Geena Davis has confirmed her return to the role of President and Sutherland has been rumored to return. Rod Laurie thankfully is producing it. And a certain website reported that if the numbers are good enough (*please ABC, air it after Grey's Anatomy or Dancing with the Stars*), they might make more movies or episodes. So I guess we can wait and see.

But.....uhhh....going back on topic........uhhhh......
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Just as a comparison, the DH repeat pulled in 8.99m viewers (from Grey's 20.57m). Last week, 6Degrees pulled in 7.59m (from Grey's 20.96m). A repeat of a show that was already seen by over 20m viewers still was watched by over a million more people than a new episode of 6D (even from a slightly lower lead-in). If 6 Degrees does make it back to the schedule, I'd expect ABC to bury it on Fridays or Saturdays.

Couldn't agree with you more. Commander in Chief was one of the best shows on TV. Only ABC could ruin the most watched new show of the season. The entire thing was ruined when they changed producers, changed the 'theme song' and brought in Dickie (and by ruined, I don't necessarily mean creatively but rather ratings-wise). Boccio made it too generic. It wasn't until Dee Johnson came on deck did it return to greatness. The scenes with Sutherland and Davis were magic.

At least there is good news in that ABC is making a TV Movie "Commander in Chief." Geena Davis has confirmed her return to the role of President and Sutherland has been rumored to return. Rod Laurie thankfully is producing it. And a certain website reported that if the numbers are good enough (*please ABC, air it after Grey's Anatomy or Dancing with the Stars*), they might make more movies or episodes. So I guess we can wait and see.

But.....uhhh....going back on topic........uhhhh......
    Quick thing though, I think another thing that might have killed it, was the fact that they stopped its run, or momentum sorta speak, around March or April because it was losing out to Idol.

• Minion

Yes, back to the topic at hand........

No one has commented on last night's episode.

Gabby can't relive the past, she's not the hot competition anymore. I feel kinda bad for her though. Though she still looked great. And was it me, or was she trying to come off as the "Desperate Housewife" in that getup?

Loved the scene with Susan and her ex hubby. But she's going through so much pain losing Mike to Edie.

Ok, so what lies are Orson and his mother hiding? Those two are coming off just like Psycho, with Norman and mommie dearest.

And apparantly the "hero" is a pedaphile. I can see where this is going and it don't look good! If I were Lynette, I would've called the police immediately and had them come over there.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    On a brighter note... My LORD is that guy who plays Edie's nephew hot. H-O-T. WHew. *fans herself*
    Oh yeah! Totally second that one, and I don't usually like blondes. The actor dated Ashlee Simpson for two years, so he's not exactly the brightest pea in the pod, but he's certainly the juiciest. *ahem*

Last nite's episode marks the first time since Sex and the City went off the air that I'm finally caught up completely with a TV show. This season is WAY better than last one because the season "mystery" seems incidental to the snappy dialogue and day-to-day situations, whereas last season had way too much Betty Applewhite drama. The hand of Marc Cherry can be seen again, thank god.

I agree with y'all that the "Bang" episode was one of the best episodes ever written for DH. I too was crying when Nora was shot and I hated that annoying bitch!

I did love the line tho from the previous episode where Lynette and the girls got drunk, and they were lamenting the fact that Paul Young wasn't around so they could figure out how to get away with murder (I can't remember if it was Lynette talking about gettng rid of Nora, or Teri Hatcher talking about getting rid of Edie....)

One thing this season that seems really fakey tho is Bree's kids. Andrew is a borderline sociopath, but incredibly resourceful and cute, and ends up a homeless prostitute within 7 months??? Are you kidding me? He couldn't stay with the boyfriend, get a job, whatever? He isn't stupid, so it seems wierd that he'd be homeless just to spite his mother. Plus Bree running back to help him was so odd after what he put her through, and sort of pulled the punch from their last "Andrew: I've won. Bree: Good for you." exchange.

Same with the daughter. Bree risked her life to save the daughter at the end of season 2, and now the daughter is like "I don't get any attention, wah wah wah"? My boyfriend got shot right in front of me, nobody pays any attention? It makes me feel powerful to hold you in emotional blackmail? ... Seems like a complete personality switch for the daughter with no explanation, like the writers writing not according to character, but according to what the plot needs are for the show.

The only other thing that was wierd and out of character was Gabby's embarrassment at the photo shoot. She is acting completely stupid and naive, and she isn't a stupid and naive woman. If she was in the industry, and reads all those fashion magazines - and she doesn't know who the latest models are? Or about the youth-centric industry? Come on.

Good thing I watch less for overall plot and character development, and more for the snappy lines and silly situations. SO MUCH FUN.
    Anyhow, I am loving this season, and now I'll be able to follow along and participate in discussion. Woohoo!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Disney Memory Maker

Susan- I liked her storyline. It was simple and to the point. I like how she called Karl (who played much more of a father role instead of the backstabbing ex) and it backfired. And at the end it was nice how she told Julie that after 15 years of being perfect she was overdue.

Bree- Her story this episode reminded me a lot of when Rex's mom came into town. Looks like not only does she have bad luck with boyfriends, but also bad luck with Mother-in-Laws. Nothing much more to comment on, Marcia is great all the time as Bree.

Gabrielle- It was definitely nice to A) stop the fighting with Carlos and B) to finally realize she won't model anymore.

Lynette- Another very good storyline for her. Things have only gone up for her when Bigsby went (to quote Rush Hour 2) "Crazy-*** bitch." I liked the whole protecter-man stunt to try and get Parker to realize she'll be alright. On the other hand though, it looks like Protector-man is yet another creepy addition to Wysteria Lane.

Best Line of the Night: "I'm not getting any tonight, am I?"-Ian (after Susan saw Julie & Austin making out)

Honorable Mention: "Don't give a hoot if I get shot, do you kid?" -Mrs. McClusky

He couldn't stay with the boyfriend, get a job, whatever?
    Bree did seem to drive him quite far from home so it may not have really been worth it to walk all the way back to his boyfriend. And for all we know he may have tried (and failed) to get a real job.

Seems like a complete personality switch for the daughter with no explanation
    Is any further explanation needed than "teenage girl"? I mean aside from that moment at the end of season 2, Bree put Andrew over her practically the whole season (along with not approving her relation with Matthew). Not to mention the fact that Danielle hasn't exactly been secretive about blackmail material (like sharing the Andrew/car incident with Matthew).

• See you there!

Re: Desperate Housewives - Season 3 - Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers Welco

Yes, back to the topic at hand........

No one has commented on last night's episode.

Gabby can't relive the past, she's not the hot competition anymore. I feel kinda bad for her though. Though she still looked great. And was it me, or was she trying to come off as the "Desperate Housewife" in that getup?
    To bad they didn't let Gabby use the "Hot Mamma" outfit she created.

Loved the scene with Susan and her ex hubby. But she's going through so much pain losing Mike to Edie.
    This is just more Susan. Poor Susan, it seems that no matter what she does, it always comes out worng. Take last night... She was just trying to "protect" het little girl, and in the end it came back to her dating a married man. How can so much go wrong??

Ok, so what lies are Orson and his mother hiding? Those two are coming off just like Psycho, with Norman and mommie dearest.
    This is really spooky. Who's going to kill who? Will Orson kill his mother, or will she kill him? This is just a train wreck waiting to happen.

And apparantly the "hero" is a pedaphile. I can see where this is going and it don't look good! If I were Lynette, I would've called the police immediately and had them come over there.
    If she called the police, she would have to say how she got the information. What she did was not wrong. The door just came open, and she went to leave a note and her son went to play. Maybe she thinks she may be looked at with some suspicion, but I always thought most police departments persued pediphiles very vigorously, but afterall, this is DH. Oh, well, no point having a pediphile on DH unless you let him do something, gotta catch him with the goods.

Mike and Orson... Any ideas on how Mike will get cleared of Monique's death, and Orson get charged. I think it may be leading up to Mike getting charged, (the vanashing toolbox reappeared at the end of the episode) but I think in the end Orson should be found. But then again, on DH, who knows as stranger things have happened.

Whewwwwwww..........

CU@DL

Andy

• my two sunshines

Re: Desperate Housewives -

Orson and his Mom are the ones I bet that are framing Mike with the murder of Orson's wife - and my guess is that there is another wife we don't know about and my guess would be that Mommy Dearest got rid of her too.

I do hope that Gaby and Carlos meet in the middle and now that Gaby isn't going to be the 'hot' model anymore maybe she'll realize Carlos isn't that bad of a man and she could do a lot worse.

Protector Man, oh my - it was a Michael Jackson room! I don't think anything will happen to him until a boy is missing in the neighborhood OR something happens to Lynette's sons.

Whats going to happen when Ian's wife wakes up??? I feel bad for Susan - but then Mike will probably remember and send Edee walking and go back to Susan. (and I fell in love with Dugray Scott after seeing him in Highlander and Ever After!)

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast