Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Master!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Pirate Master!

I want to know if THEY know because it would explain their spinelessness.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I wanted to love this show. But I so don't.

It had such potential but it seems to fall flat on it's face. Is it just me?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    I wanted to love this show. But I so don't.

It had such potential but it seems to fall flat on it's face. Is it just me?
    Nope, not just you! I am going to give it one more episode, then I will abandon ship!

• Banned User

this show is a major disapointment!! boring, flat and pridictable. I dvr's it, I am taking it off tonight ugh its no survivor

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yeah, I think I'll give it one more episode- but if it doesn't seriously pick up, I'm done.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, I've never heard of this. Can someone give me the channel/time and basic synopsis please?

Although, from what your saying I shouldn't be upset that I've missed it. LOL

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

It's CBS, Thursday at 8 I think. Basically the Survivor slot.

It's a group of people who are supposed to be living as pirates, they live on a ship, they have a captain and they all have duties. Then they have competitions, a la Survivor, and whatever "booty" is won the captain decides how it is split up. Then he chooses 3 people that the group will choose one from to vote off or they can mutiny and unanimously vote off the captain.

See- it sounds like it could be good, but it's notsomuch.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Yeah, I think I'll give it one more episode- but if it doesn't seriously pick up, I'm done.
    I love it. It's better than I expected. I thought it would be like Survivor on a Pirate Ship, and I'm glad it's not.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    Has anyone noticed at all that the island on this show is the very same island - Dominica, in the Caribbean - that was featured rather extensively in Dead Man's Chest? The river they travel up in the premiere episode, the Indian River, is the same river that was used in the approach to Tia Dalma's shack.
    I thought it looked familiar... I've just been way too busy with Faire to do any research!
    xo, Deanna

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It's CBS, Thursday at 8 I think. Basically the Survivor slot.

It's a group of people who are supposed to be living as pirates, they live on a ship, they have a captain and they all have duties. Then they have competitions, a la Survivor, and whatever "booty" is won the captain decides how it is split up. Then he chooses 3 people that the group will choose one from to vote off or they can mutiny and unanimously vote off the captain.

See- it sounds like it could be good, but it's notsomuch.
    What great potential in this story. I agree there is a lot they could do with this. I will have to DVR the next one and watch it. Thanks Tink!

• Mickey Mania

What great potential in this story. I agree there is a lot they could do with this. I will have to DVR the next one and watch it. Thanks Tink!

Denver Nuggets Baby

• That Guy

This show really, really sucks.

I am just now finishing my DVR, and I think the show has little to no redeeming value. It's slow, boring, and I don't care about any of the lame pirates. It's just very, very weak. When we have great TV like The Wire, or pretty much anything on HBO, it makes for tough competition. This show doesn't have anything going for it, other than timing. The only way it will succeed is if the POTC wave carries it. Doubtful.

Anyway, on the bright side, I deleted a scheduled recording from my DVR, so that's good.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Anyway, on the bright side, I deleted a scheduled recording from my DVR, so that's good.
    Lucky you, some of us actually watched it this week. They did have a change of captain, but then they failed to give a black spot to the former captain, because, well, they're all idiots.

Best part of last night: A visably startled Cameron asking Az, "do you have an accent now?"

Someone let me know if this gets any good. I think I'll use the hour to read with my kids, before the SYTYCD reveal show.
    xo, Deanna

• Clearing my Calendar

I found it ironic that, when Az was walking down the stairs to cut the pirate adrift, ex-Captain Joe Don whispers, "You're a good man."

Since when is HE a moral center to pass judgement like that??

And I don't agree that Az put Jay in as officer at ALL. Did he not remember the last episode when Joe Don clearly and proudly stated that he was BRIBING Jay with money to be his pigeon?? Hello! I hope it was made even more obvious when Jay was all, "Nuh-uh, we're not black spotting Joe Don!"

Btw, I didn't notice the accent for a bit. It's funny how when he puts on that coat and hat he's all in character now. I bet he does Ren Faires and stuff (not to mention about half the crew!).
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Minion

I am officially quiting this show! Which takes a lot, because I LOVE reality TV.
    It just sucks!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast