Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Master!

• Banned User

Re: Pirate Master!

I am glad that they are at least going to show the later episodes online because I sort of do want to know who wins, even if this show didnt turn out as good as I'd hoped it would be. Oh well. Part of it I think was them moving it to Tuesday nights and never really announcing it - I know I missed at least one ep 'cause I didn't know it had moved!

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    It's been really good. Well, as far as cheap, stupid reality shows go.

Joe Don and Louie were working on an alliance, but Joe Don got voted off.

Last week's episodes featured "ghosts" of their past - all the people set adrift. So the expedition was the ghosts against the pirates. If the ghosts won, they could put anyone on the black spot (which would have been Azmyth and his two cronies, obviously as they were responsible for half the ghosts).

Well, the ghosts had a CLEAR lead until that idiot who got voted off on the first episode (the Jack Sparrow wannabe) dropped the key in the river. They didn't know until they were almost to where the treasure chest was. So they had to go allllll the way back to the river to search, and didn't find it.

They lost.

Azmyth still has that horrid accent and he's pissing off everyone, so they were talking about mutiny AND even had one of the officers thinking it, too. Then Jupiter went and opened her big mouth at dinner in front of everyone, to tell Captain Azmyth that he might have mutiny on his hands.

Unfortunately for Jupiter, he took that to mean SHE was mutinuous and put her on the black spot. She subsequently, of course, got voted off.
    I loved the part when John, the scientist/exotic dancer , lost the key! I was laughing so hard! What an idiot! The look on his face was classic! What an idiot.

• my two sunshines

If you guys remember, Cheryl, she was one of JoeDon's captains - she committed suicide last Friday

Cheryl Kosewicz, from the recently canceled CBS reality show "Pirate Master," was found dead in her home on Friday, KOLO-TV in Reno is reporting. Officials told the station the death is believed to be a suicide, but is still under investigation.

Just two months earlier, Kosewicz's boyfriend also took his own life.

Her death was confirmed by fellow "Pirate Master" contestant Nessa Nemir, who posted on the show's Facebook page, "All of the pirates and Cheryl's friends and family are shocked and devastated. It is a tragic loss that we all feel very deeply."

Another contestant, Joycelyn "Joy" McElveen, wrote on her MySpace page, "I lay in my bed tossing and turning waiting on someone to wake me up from this horrible nightmare. What nightmare you may ask? The nightmare that I thought I would never have to deal with the news that my best friend is dead. I immediately scream out in pain and sorrow."

Kosewicz was the fourth person eliminated (on the show), which was canceled just last week.

UPDATE [2:55PM PT]: A rep for "Pirate Master" tells TMZ: "Everyone at CBS who knew her is shocked and saddened by the news of Cheryl Kosewicz's untimely and unexpected passing. We will remember Cheryl for her extraordinary energy and compassion and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and friends."

• I have returned !!

thanks for the updates. It is extremely unfortunate news.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• Clearing my Calendar

Oh my. What sad sad news!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Banned User

Wow. Simply wow.

• Senior Minion

learn how to read trace
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    learn how to read trace
    Esqueeze me? Baking powder? What was that about?

I was not a fan of this show and only watched one episode, but what horribly sad news.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• my two sunshines

I just want to know who wins - the boards on the actual site are full of how lame the show is - no one has the guts to mutiny, it was boring, etc. I watched part of the show online last night, it went dark during it but found out that Nessa was cast adrift. I will admit, the crew should have mutinied now 3 times and they are wimps

• Clearing my Calendar

The problem is that it was so darn hard to mutiny! It's ridiculous. *Real* pirates would not need the officers' permission to mutiny against the captain!

"What say you we take 'im? Argh!"

Majority rules, plain and simple. *That's* the way it should have been done. I guarantee it would have been much more successful.

As such, we still haven't gotten around to sitting around the computer to watch.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I think the biggest problem is that I think a crucial aspect of the mutiny has been explained to the cast without ever being explained to us.

That mechanic, as I read a few pages back, involves what happens if a mutiny should fail. If the mutiny fails, then the Captain can kick off anyone he wants to without a vote. Maybe THAT'S why nobody has any guts at all.

• my two sunshines

Well, I got tired of waiting to find out who wins so I did a spoiler search and found out - whether it's true or not, I don't know - I do know that Nessa got voted off this week

Your right about the mutiny - it was a stupid wrench into the game - and your right, you shouldn't need the officers to mutiny - if the crew says mutiny that it's a mutiny and captain should be demoted - crew picks a new captain and then the new captain can keep or get rid of the officers - maybe they did it the other way so that there wasn't a new captain every day - but then who cares if there was a new captain, maybe then the black spots would have been given out to the right people - but what officer would say, yeah lets mutiny, the officers had it made, don't bite the hand that feeds you

It was a good show for what it was. I watched all of the show online. It will be missed

• phbbbbbt

So, who won?
    xo, Deanna

• Banned User

Would you like it in spoiler format?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast