Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: New 2007 Fall TV shows

The only show I'm looking forward to is Pushing Daisies.

The one show I hope disappears either before it premieres or shortly after is the one based on Geico's caveman commercials. Leave it to ABC to create that winner.

• For You!

I probably won't watch any of them - everytime I get my hopes up and start watching a new show, it gets cancelled after 3 or 4 episodes!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    The one show I hope disappears either before it premieres or shortly after is the one based on Geico's caveman commercials. Leave it to ABC to create that winner.
    I was just going to ask if ANYONE was excited about Caveman. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I probably won't watch any of them - everytime I get my hopes up and start watching a new show, it gets cancelled after 3 or 4 episodes!
    Me too!

• Circle of Ancients

So far:

Pushing Daisies looks pretty good in premise. Hopefully it's good in execution.

That one comedy on CBS with the guy from Roseanne and the daughter from 8 simple rules. I forget the name of it, but they look like brainiacs or something.

Other than that, not much.

• Banned User

Bionic Woman will be cancelled.

Look at what it's going (or will be going) against.

Oh, Viva Laughlin? That is the American version of Viva Blackburn, with the cheesy musical numbers intact.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I was just going to ask if ANYONE was excited about Caveman. Blech.

Me too!

Actually, I was looking forward to the Cavemen...UNTIL Mark and Brian were commenting that NONE of the actors from the commercials were cast. Apparently ABC didn't feel that they were good enough? (WT??)

After that...nahhhh...I don't think so. Plus can you imagine how those actors feel? Create a fun character, then be told that you aren't good enough to portray your own creation? Sounds like ABC is looking for a Tax Write-Off with this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Wonderful World

I'm not really interested of the new shows coming this Fall. But Prison Break is going to rip it up
    I'm back MiceChat

• A New Kind Of Villain

I'm amazed noone has mentioned The Sarah Connor Chronicles!

I had my doubts, but it shares that poetic action feel of the second film that only the character of Sarah herself can bring. I watched the pilot and was pleasantly suprised.

As long as they create a more intricate mythology than the films had, this could possibly be the new X-Files.

Plus Summer Glau plays a John-friendly Terminator.

On the comedy side, The Big Bang Theory is GENIUS! It's a comedy about uber-smart nerds who have no social skills when it comes to women. I mean, it seems so obvious that someone might have done it by now, but they haven't and this show just had me in hysterics and I don't even like sitcoms!

And... whats with Fall TV being full of geeks? Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Reaper, plus Sci-Fi stories.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• my two sunshines

I try to give most new shows a chance - I never would have found Jericho if I didn't - I know that we've probably seen most of the first shows in the previews - the ones that look good, I really hope that the shows after follow the first show - most times I can tell by the first show if the show is something that will stick around or something I'm interested in

What about shows returning????? Someone mentioned Prison Break, I wondered if that was coming back

Heroes??? where did we leave off?
    Desperate Housewives - Edie was left hanging, literally
    Lost - we are still on the island but what happened with Ben?
    I still enjoy Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, American Idol and Survivor - and I'm really looking forward to Jericho coming back (Nuts!)
    What shows have I missed????

• Banned User

That reality show where kids try to build a city?

No chance whatsoever of lasting thirteen episodes...

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post

You think it will go by the Pirate Master way??? LOL

I hated Lord of the Flies - I'm going to watch the first show BUT I'm not sure if I want to watch bossy kids that make no sense - tho my kids want to watch it - maybe I'm just not the market they are going after

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post

No way am I even watching one episode of this. In fact, I will be boycotting all "reality" TV shows this year (except SYTYCD and DH thinks American Band looks interesting.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    "You think it will go by the Pirate Master way?"
    Yes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Heroes- Here's what happened on the season finale/the last 10 minutes
    Spoiler
    Peter and Sylar fought. Peter got super strength from Niki. Oh! The little girl, the one Suresh was saving, said that there's someone worse than Sylar. He's the boogey man and he looks back. Peter won the Pete/Sylar battle but towards the end there was an open sewar with blood and a roach... which means Sylar is coming back. Peter is the bomb. Peter was yelling at Claire to shoot him. We found out HRG's real name Noah Bennet. Hiro came with the sword, but then suddenly went to 1500 Japan in the middle of a war with an eclipse! So Peter is blowing up and getting all nuke-y and yelling at Claire "shoot me! Shoot me!" Nathan suddenly is there, flies there, and is like "You saved the cheerleader so we can save you," and then holds Peter and flies with him... And we just see a giant explosion up in the air. At the end-ish Matt is in the ambulance with a ton of bullets in his chest, Niki is holding Micah and Molly/the little girl, Noah Bennet and Claire are holding each other, Suresh is there. I don't know what happened to DL, I knew he was in pain but...

The new shows I plan on giving a chance in the fall are Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Bionic Woman, Viva Laughlin, Samantha Who?, Reaper, and Chuck. Of those I'm sure only a couple will earn permenant Season Passes on my TiVo.

The pilot for Pushing Daisies is definitely the most strikingly original pilot since Lost. And that's saying something considering how much I love the pilot of Lost. My only concern is that Bryan Fuller can keep up the tone and style of the pilot over an entire season. He's never had the best track record with shows staying on the air, but this show has the pre-season buzz of Lost/Desperate Housewives proportions, is of high quality, and has ABC pushing it left and right as the new Ugly Betty.

I'll probably end up dropping Prison Break off my TiVo to make room, after a disappointing second season and an even more dreadful looking third season. Also I'm considering dropping Heroes after such a disappointing boring season ending arc, but I'll probably give it a second chance to redeem itself.

I'm also looking forward to Eli Stone, Greg Berlanti's (of Everwood and Brothers & Sisters) new show, but it still doesn't have a launch date.

Once again, the new development is surprisingly short on good new comedies. Samantha Who? can't be the only promising looking new one. Someone needs to drag Judd Apatow back to television to create a new series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast