• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Nickelodeon Teen Choice 2007 Awards

Teen Choice Awards: Celebs, surfboards, 'High School'

By Mark J. Terrill, AP
    Choice TV movie: Zac Efron accepts
    the surfboard for High School Musical 2.

Photos by Chris Pizzello, AP
    On the carpet: High School Musical's Vanessa Hudgens
    William Keck and LuzElena Avitia, USA TODAY

Stars descended on the Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal Studios in Los Angeles for the Teen Choice 2007 awards Sunday night. Celebrities seemed as giddy as fans about seeing winners pick up their surfboard trophies. USA TODAY was on the scene. Some highlights:

It's so 'High School'

Anything High School Musical was greeted with deafening screams from fans seated in the audience.

Zac Efron was the first cast member to arrive, and the audience shrieked. Every time he arrived onstage, more squeals of delight — especially when Efron joined Jessica Alba to pick up their surfboards for winning the "hotties" category.

But any teens with romantic fantasies can calm down: He and co-star Vanessa Hudgens are still going strong, seen holding hands during the show.

Among other winners, selected by teens via online vote, who showed up: Steve Carell, Dane Cook, Shia LaBeouf, America Ferrera, Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne and Fergie.

But the biggest moment was perhaps when Justin Timberlake was honored for most Teen Choice wins ever: 21. He accepted via video, from his tour in Winnipeg: "I have a whole house full of Teen Choice surfboards now. And they just never get old. I go surfing on a different one every day. And that's a lot of days to go surfing."

'Dallas,' Dots backstage

Among stars who passed through: John Travolta, with a Dallas movie update. "If the studio likes the current incarnation of the script, we expect to start (filming) in the new year."

Plus: My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee consumed at least two bags of Dippin' Dots, and the Ryans (Seacrest and Reynolds) coveted some blinged-out chalices promoting Alvin and the Chipmunks (the green room's theme, for the December movie).

Carpet remnants

Miley Cyrus shared a recent achievement: passing a test to allow her to study at 10th-grade level, though the Hannah Montana star should be in ninth grade. Will dad Billy Ray help with the schooling? "Are you kidding?" she said. "He just tries to get me to play tick-tack-toe on the back of my notebook."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...e-awards_N.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Nickelodeon Teen Choice 2007 Awards

I liked Kelly Clarkson's performance of "Never Again" tonight. I love how she puts so much more raw emotion into it live than on the studio cut. It's a pity the rest of the album doesn't shine (in my opinion) like the lead single does.

...Joe...