Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Re: My Vote for WORST Commercial Ever

My vote for worst ad goes to the Pepto-bismal commercials where people (or giant superheroes) do a sort of pantomime, including grabbing their behinds,to the chant "heartburn, nausea, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!"

Fluffy Club Member

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    My vote for worst ad goes to the Pepto-bismal commercials where people (or giant superheroes) do a sort of pantomime, including grabbing their behinds,to the chant "heartburn, nausea, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!"
    Especially the new one with the 'Open Casting Call'. The woman with the accent who says 'Nyah! Pepto Bismol!'. I want to smack her through the TV.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GvYI4VdVEI
    I'll live with the excruciating pain of Arthritis, thanks.
    wow, thanks for the PSA celebrex, thats 2.5 minutes of my life i won't get back...

• Disgruntled Former CM

Do radio commercials count?

I posted this on another thread (months ago) as the Worst Feminine Hygiene Commercial of All Time; for me, it's still the worst commercial - Bar None...

Radio Commercial for O.B. Tampons that ran years ago:
    Karen: "Hey Susie; do you want to go to the beach?!"
    Susie (obviously, the Blond): "Oh, I can't Karen - it's that time of the month..."
    Karen: "Haven't you heard about O.B.?"
    Susie: "O.B.? What is that - gum or something?!"
    Karen: "No Silly! It's O.B. tampons, with the slim fit applicator that's so small you can hide it right in your swimsuit, and 'no one will know'..."

"Gum or something"? I'm going to unswallow just thinking about it all over again...

This gets MY vote.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    Do radio commercials count?

I posted this on another thread (months ago) as the Worst Feminine Hygiene Commercial of All Time; for me, it's still the worst commercial - Bar None...

Radio Commercial for O.B. Tampons that ran years ago:
    Karen: "Hey Susie; do you want to go to the beach?!"
    Susie (obviously, the Blond): "Oh, I can't Karen - it's that time of the month..."
    Karen: "Haven't you heard about O.B.?"
    Susie: "O.B.? What is that - gum or something?!"
    Karen: "No Silly! It's O.B. tampons, with the slim fit applicator that's so small you can hide it right in your swimsuit, and 'no one will know'..."

"Gum or something"? I'm going to unswallow just thinking about it all over again...

This gets MY vote.
    All ads for personal hygiene products are pretty ridiculous in my opinion. You know you need them.

I still hate the HeadOn commercials.
    "HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead? Apply directly to the forehead. Apply directly to the forehead."

Okay! We get it! HeadOn! Forehead! Check!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I just had to submit my vote for crappiest commercial on tv...
    I really despise the new milk commercials...with the grungy family of burglars trying to break into the milk building. Hate. Hate. Hate it. What's with the weird robot guards? Why would the robot hit the guy with a steak?
    Hate...
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I just wish I could hit Ty in the face with a shovel. 87 times. He is such a mega-tool, I can not comprehend it. I just cannot wait for when he gets caught for doing something shady. I don't think we have too long to wait...
    Ugh.. I couldn't agree with you more.. I've never liked Ty.. he's so full of himself it hurts. I've never liked him.. I can totally see him in a commercial like that too... even though I've never seen it.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just on principle, I really don't like ads that promote prescription drugs. That's only been done in recent years.

And many of those touting "non-prescription" remedies for everything from weight loss to "male enhancement" can also be a bit offensive at times.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: My Vote for WORST Commercial Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Just on principle, I really don't like ads that promote prescription drugs. That's only been done in recent years.

And many of those touting "non-prescription" remedies for everything from weight loss to "male enhancement" can also be a bit offensive at times.
    My two cents:
    - personally, I trust my physician to 'hook me up' with whatever I may need; I don't understand the need to promote pharmaceuticals on the TV

- many of these commercials don't even tell you what the drug is for: you just see a woman running through a field of wheat, she finally runs up to a man at the end, sniffs her daisy - and hands it to him; all the while you are hearing, "Ask your Doctor about Flynsthyx... Flynsthyx is the one that works... Don't you wish that you had Flynsthyx? Flynsthyx; when you want it all...."
    But, what the hell is it? Is it for men? for women? for a yeast infection? for diarrhea? for allergies? I'm not going to be the idiot who goes to my doctor and says, "So Doc, I've heard a lot about this Flynsthyx stuff; do you think that it might be something I need to try?" "Well, Queenie, if you ever grow yourself a prostate, we'll certainly give it a go, OK?"

- then, after telling you nothing about what it's for, they tell you everything about what it could do: "Flynsthyx is not for nursing mothers, women who are pregnant, or may become pregnant; Flynsthyx will not protect you from veneral disease, herpes, or HIV; Flynsthyx may cause stomach discomfort, including but not limited to painful cramping, difficult bowel movements, bowel leakage, diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and flatulance; side effects may include headaches, difficulty breathing, nausea, nightsweats, leg cramps, increased risk of tumors, and in some cases death..." Well, the lines must be around the block for people wanting to try this new miracle, right? And, if you actually had the stones to ask your doctor to put you on this stuff to begin with, would he not take the 30 seconds to tell you what could go wrong with it? Do we have to hear about all this crap every time "Dancing With The Stars" cuts away to a commercial? while I'm eating dinner? hoping to get a little action later?

"If your erection lasts more than three hours, call a doctor..."

Um, yeah, but not right away....

By law the prescription meds cannot tout what they do, because they are by prescpition only. They are to encourage you to ask for them by name, because most doctors will prescribe what a patient asks for to keep them as clients (Just ask Rush Limbaugh)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

- then, after telling you nothing about what it's for, they tell you everything about what it could do: "Flynsthyx is not for nursing mothers, women who are pregnant, or may become pregnant; Flynsthyx will not protect you from veneral disease, herpes, or HIV; Flynsthyx may cause stomach discomfort, including but not limited to painful cramping, difficult bowel movements, bowel leakage, diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and flatulance; side effects may include headaches, difficulty breathing, nausea, nightsweats, leg cramps, increased risk of tumors, and in some cases death..." Well, the lines must be around the block for people wanting to try this new miracle, right? And, if you actually had the stones to ask your doctor to put you on this stuff to begin with, would he not take the 30 seconds to tell you what could go wrong with it? Do we have to hear about all this crap every time "Dancing With The Stars" cuts away to a commercial? while I'm eating dinner? hoping to get a little action later?
    I think I'd probably ask where I could go and get the disease instead.

With cures like that ...

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    "If your erection lasts more than three hours, call a doctor..."

Um, yeah, but not right away....

By law the prescription meds cannot tout what they do, because they are by prescpition only. They are to encourage you to ask for them by name, because most doctors will prescribe what a patient asks for to keep them as clients (Just ask Rush Limbaugh)

On a horrible side note, when I was working in the ER, while in college, we had a guy who came in with a priaprism (erection which WILL NOT go down). He took too many go pills, and his crank would not get small. I didn't know it, but this is a VERY serious issue. The nurse told me to go get some ice and apply it to the injured extremity. I told her that was a nurse skill, not a medic skill, and she got pissed. Long story long, a urologist had to come in and take these tiny needles and DRAIN the blood out of the penal veins. This guys screams could be heard in Utah. Ouch!!! I guess the moral is sometimes, Less is More.... buh dum dum, cha! (Sorry, couldn't help it)

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Has anyone said the Hardee's commercials yet?

"Here's a good idea. Let's slop together some food on television and make the grossest sound effects possible and hope that the audience finds that appetizing."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I am offended by the "Flat Buns" Carl's Junior commercial. I want to write a strongly worded letter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast