Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: I Am A Big Fan of the HBO Show "Big Love".

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I think that she is one of the most emotionally confused characters on the show. She has tugs to be with her "family" at Juniper Creek; different and changing feelings toward both Barb and Margie being the "middle" wife; and her obvious problems with both compulsive spending and maybe even gambling. I don't recall if it was determined that she actually stole the thithes from the UEB.

I also love the feisty character of Bill's mother. I even like Bill's father sometimes although he is a real SOB.

And let's not forget that great opening theme song...
    Yes! I love his mother too! Nicki did steal the money from the UEB. It was shown when she went to visit her mother on the compound. She wandered in to her father's empty office, found the cash, and took it.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I wonder when Alby's going to finally come out of the closet. He showed some interest back in the first season. It'll make for some really fun drama on the ol' compound, especially since he's trying to take over as the prophet.

• Rock Star Minion

I need more HBO than what appears to be already the A&E version of the show. I pay good money, and I shouldn't have to wait until 2AM to get what think I'm paying for. IYKWIM.

As for the show, it's OK. We watch it. And while Bill's plural marriage seems somewhat normal, there is always mention in the show of the cults' abuse of power, which I'm more interested in.

Great lines in the last episode, between Roman and Bill:
    Bill: Why did you kick me out back then? Were you afraid of me?
    Roman: Look at you now.

Such a blurry line between being the almighty of a small world and abusing the position.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And let's not forget that greeat song for the opening credits...(shameless, shameless plug for my favorite song composed by cousin Brian)

I don't think, even in his haziest drugged out days, that he ever thought of this song being used for a show quite like this.

As for the show not being "HBO" enough, I think the subject matter would be something that the cable networks might not touch until proven successful on HBO. And I think the sex scenes show just enough. And some of their other shows have such excessive cursing (like the Sopranos) that I just choose not to watch them for that reason alone. Maybe I am more "prudish" than I realize.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• That Guy

And let's not forget that greeat song for the opening credits...(shameless, shameless plug for my favorite song composed by cousin Brian)

I don't think, even in his haziest drugged out days, that he ever thought of this song being used for a show quite like this.

As for the show not being "HBO" enough, I think the subject matter would be something that the cable networks might not touch until proven successful on HBO. And I think the sex scenes show just enough. And some of their other shows have such excessive cursing (like the Sopranos) that I just choose not to watch them for that reason alone. Maybe I am more "prudish" than I realize.

Ding-ding-ding!!!! You win!!!!

Is there such a thing as too much cussing and sex? You must not have gone to Catholic school.

On a side note, since you are a Beach Boys fan, there is a new group out that will make you turn cartwheels. The group is called The Besnard Lakes, and they are UNREAL. They say they were inspired by Pet Sounds, and they have a song called 'Disaster' which is nothing short of tremendous. Amazing music, lyrics, etc. I HIGHLY recommend you download it. Just amazing.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm a big fan too Barry. Saw Season 1 and most of Season 2. I missed the Finale.

I love the all the characters and storyline.

Nikki- has to be my favorite character. She's like the wackiest of all three wives. Gotta love her because she has this good-evil side.

Barb and Margene are more focused on family issues.

And Bill- I love him.

I felt like this season just ended too soon. I want more.

• Banned User

I love this show too! unfortunately i missed the season finale but ill be sure to watch it now!

Is there any room for the polygamist lifestyle (following the principle as they put it) in society?
    Depends. Those who subscribe do fine; others will never approve no matter what. It's not easy, but it can be done.

I don't know that I'd watch the show, but we don't get HBO so it doesn't matter anyway.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Okay, what is with Nicki and not being able to keep her mouth shut? I wanted to slap her so hard when she called her brother and told him that Bill got Weber Gaming and that Roman was going back to the compound.

I've only watched a few episodes of the show and the one scene that stands out the most is the one where her husband started going down on her and she made him stop!
    It's funny to me that Chloe Sevigney is playing this role after the role she had in Boys Don't Cry. Plus I was kind of surprised at how racy the show was....but then, it is on HBO.

• See what I got?

Every time we hear that song from the Beach Boys my husband and I start laughing! I'll never hear it the same again! LOL I think it's funny- I've always thought what a rip-off it would be to have to share your husband, I'd never given any thought to how hard it would be to please that many women! I think the show is entertaining.

• Banned User

I netflixed the whole season 1 episodes and can not wait until they come tomorrow. I can not believed I missed all the seasons, I saw this season and now feel I missed a whole lot.
    I am also going to netflix all the nip and tucks, I found that show was quit entertaining but far to late and now its gone.

• Banned User

Has anyone of you played the big love game?? I just got this on my score
    The boss lady
    You’ve achieved first wife status. All the other wives look up to you and envy your position in the household, community and life. your score was..... 1150 bog love points..... loved it.

http://www.hbo.com/biglove/boardgame/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12