Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: BS at the VMAs. Performance Review.

Okay people that dance (swing to ballet to jazz, basically any dancing) know the term "mark up." Where you kinda' do the dance half-way not giving it your all, but enough to know how it will look, know what works, what needs to be changed, and that way you are full of life when you actually perform. That was a mark up performance.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Didn't she do something with Criss Angel? Or was his power to create good illusions not enough to make her look good?
    I heard on the news this morning that the "performance" or lack of it wasn't the one she had originally planned with Chriss Angel. It was supposed to be really over the top and I don't think they were able to pull it off and that's why we saw what we saw last night. I think TMZ was even saying that Britney was crying backstage, either from that performance or because of the jokes that were made about her and her children by Sarah Silverman. Those jokes were pretty low blows too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Good to know I am not the only one who noticed everything that was mentioned above. I was actually rooting for her in the back of my mind, hoping she would surprise me with a worthwhile comeback. Sadly she delivered a performance worse than I was expecting.
    I was rooting for her too. Her life has been spinning out of control for a while now and I was hoping maybe this would have shown what she could still do but, it really was awful. All I can feel for her is pity...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

From what I heard, the thing with Criss Angel.... apparently the hotel and Mtv freaked over what they were going to do and there were insurance issues. Brit-Brit was supposedly going to appear & disappear and float and whatnot.

And now I'm hearing the reports that Brit looked upset during her performance because she supposedly overheard Sarah Silverman (is that Jonathan Silverman's sister? she looks a lot like him) rehearsing her monologue and she supposedly made a crack about Brit's kids..... now some are saying this is totally false and nobody knew what Silverman was going to say until she said it.

• Man O Lantern

Dear Britney,

You reap what you sow.

Regards,
    The VMA Audience

• Senior Minion

Some are saying that she had a broken heel on one of her boots.

She has no excuse, she was horrible and should not have been allowed to go out looking like that. I saw the clip on the celeb gossip websites and the looks on the faces of the people there - priceless.

What is she going to do now that she has no career? I mean, that was supposed to be her huge comeback and it tanked.

Personally, I think she needs to hit bottom, go back to rehab and straighten out her life. Stay out of the spotlight, hole up somewhere and get her life back together.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Miller, 1996 VMAs
    "Here's the [1996 Presidnetial Campaign] financial rules. It's a limit of $200 million on campaign finances, plus a ******* $30 million TicketMaster fee."
    Those were the days.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Some are saying that she had a broken heel on one of her boots.
    Aww, the good old Tonya Harding standby.

*cries* My lace is undone! I need a do-over! *cries*

• Banned User

Britney in better days:

• Minion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=GB6AVTFgpbE
    Sarah Silverman was pretty funny too, in my opinion.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I don't think it was THAT bad, have to give her courage for coming out and doing it. She did look nervous though and I wouldn't have chosen that outfit for her. What I thought was the worst is she looked like she didn't even want to be there and was just going through the motions.

Let's review Britney at the VMA's, shall we?

1999- Hit Me Baby One More Time
    Pretty decent choreography. Nice Outfit for a girl who was in her shape.
    <http://www.youtube.com/v/FKrmfvqlr0o

2000- Satisfaction/Oops I Did It Again
    The near-infamous Strip tease edition!
    http://www.youtube.com/v/iGZbR_83H8Q

2001- I'm A Slave 4 U
    Ooooh! Live animals! watch out!
    http://www.youtube.com/v/OSdommRkbds

2003- Like a Virgin
    The 3 Way Kiss. Uh oh! So controversial! Aside from the Kiss, it was pretty cool. And added Missy Elliott, just for a good measure of awesomeness.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/edBH64NAs8E

Then there was the hiatus... Until last night. ugh. It's so sad to see her go from those amazing performances to barely even keeping her balance while "strutting" the stage (little to no added dancing required).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I can not be the only one on this planet who thinks her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I can not be the only one on this planet who thinks her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

It is amazing how much "Studio Magic" is involved in her songs. I really do wonder what her voice sounds like, not what comes out after being sent through a computer or two.

I admit I was rooting for her. Girl has got PROBLEMS, but don't we all....... My husband kind of summed it up when the camera panned to 50 Cent and he had this weird look on his face.

Husband: It looks like 50 is wondering if he just passed out and woke up in a strip joint.
    Me: Did she just fire her stylist?

Anyways, I feel badly that she looked so nervous and out of it on stage.....

• Banned User

I can't believe how obsessed we are with this. And all this crap has to go down and it completely overshadows the anniversary of the nation's 9/11 attacks. There wasn't one place I didn't go that I heard at least one mention of the VMA's or Spears performance. I didn't hear a thing about the anniversary of September 11th. If this program aired tomorrow in direct competition with a program about 9/11, I'm sure the ratings of MTV would win out. It's too bad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast