Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: BS at the VMAs. Performance Review.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I can't believe how obsessed we are with this. And all this crap has to go down and it completely overshadows the anniversary of the nation's 9/11 attacks. There wasn't one place I didn't go that I heard at least one mention of the VMA's or Spears performance. I didn't hear a thing about the anniversary of September 11th. If this program aired tomorrow in direct competition with a program about 9/11, I'm sure the ratings of MTV would win out. It's too bad.
    Ouch! True enough...... But I don't think that having an entire thread devoted to commenting on her performance last nite is obsessive.

Now a thread debating about her current hairstyle and taking votes on how badly she dresses, now THAT would be obsessive....

People keep making excuses about her performance.

The whole criss angel thing about mtv not wanting them to do what they first plannd because it was gonna be too controversial is such a lie.Why would mtv stop her from doing something that would get them even higher ratings?

And the sarah thing,they said britney heard sarah rehearsing her jokes before brit was gonna go on and heard the jokes about her kids and thats why she didnt do good

.Mtv confirmed earlier that nobody knew what sarah was gonna say,she didnt go over her material in front of anybody.

I was hoping it would be her comeback.
    Brit shoulda spent more time practicing and less time partying..

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Yeah I agree. Out partying until at least 2:30am the night before your big "comeback" is not the smartest move.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    From what I heard, the thing with Criss Angel.... apparently the hotel and Mtv freaked over what they were going to do and there were insurance issues. Brit-Brit was supposedly going to appear & disappear and float and whatnot.

And now I'm hearing the reports that Brit looked upset during her performance because she supposedly overheard Sarah Silverman (is that Jonathan Silverman's sister? she looks a lot like him) rehearsing her monologue and she supposedly made a crack about Brit's kids..... now some are saying this is totally false and nobody knew what Silverman was going to say until she said it.
    If you read on Perez Hilton, apparently when Sarah was rehearsing she would go "Joke joke joke 50 Cent, joke joke joke Britney Spears". No one but Sarah knew exactly what those jokes were so that excuse is bull.

Quote Originally Posted by tory_c View Post
    People keep making excuses about her performance.

The whole criss angel thing about mtv not wanting them to do what they first plannd because it was gonna be too controversial is such a lie.Why would mtv stop her from doing something that would get them even higher ratings?

And the sarah thing,they said britney heard sarah rehearsing her jokes before brit was gonna go on and heard the jokes about her kids and thats why she didnt do good

.Mtv confirmed earlier that nobody knew what sarah was gonna say,she didnt go over her material in front of anybody.

I was hoping it would be her comeback.
    Brit shoulda spent more time practicing and less time partying..
    They even showed on the new TMZ show how Britney's week was before the awards. Get to Vegas. Party, party with Diddy, party with 50 Cent, party with Paris, party with Chriss Angel, and party some more, and kill her career by performing at the VMA's.

I've been saying this since she had that interview with Matt Lauer last year, this girl needs to leave Hollywood immediately and go somewhere secluded for a very long time until people can forget about all this craziness (if it's possible) and get her head straight.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^^Smart smart smart!

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I can't believe how obsessed we are with this. And all this crap has to go down and it completely overshadows the anniversary of the nation's 9/11 attacks. There wasn't one place I didn't go that I heard at least one mention of the VMA's or Spears performance. I didn't hear a thing about the anniversary of September 11th. If this program aired tomorrow in direct competition with a program about 9/11, I'm sure the ratings of MTV would win out. It's too bad.
    You know - I don't want to relive 9/11 EVER - there should be a quiet memorial - but I don't want to see the footage again, I don't want to see the absolute horror - I won't watch the 9/11 shows - I'll say a prayer and do exactly what the terrorists don't want me to do - live my life, not by their rules

As for Brit Brit - she's a train wreck happening - sad we are watching it - I believe it's out of the utter curiousity of how can someone have everything sink deeper and deeper and NOT listen to anyone - in a way people watch it cause well it's what she signed up for - her career of choice calls for the world to watch - BUT there are plenty of celebs who can be in the spotlight and have that spotlight turned off by living in normalcy- Brit Brit attracts the wierdos because she has no one to ground her

•   
    • So fetch

She doesn't need the money or this comeback. She should take her millions and take a nice long vacation in the middle of nowheresville for a while.
    Last edited by LuvsLilo; 09-10-2007 at 08:38 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    She doesn't need the money or this comeback. She should take her millions and take a nice long vacation in the middle of nowheresville for a while.
    That's what I would do. Be like Mariah Carey and take out my yacht to Capri.

• Banned User

Ha! Her performance at the VMAs was one thing and one thing only: The Truth.

She has always been nothing but a lame, trashy, talentless hack. She is rich and famous because the industry made her. She's a product; engineered, marketed and sold. And now she has exceeded her shelf life. What was seen at the VMAs was simply what's been there all along, only now without the shiny packaging, catchy slogans and slick marketing. It was the Britney Behind the Curtain of Oz, and now everybody sees her for real.

She's done, and a Britney Spears comeback would be like seeing Iron Chef Morimoto making dishes out of Twinkies.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I've never been a big fan of Brit, but I do feel sorry for the girl. She messed up big time and should try to get some help.

I watched the performance on YouTube and now I wished I hadn't. It left a sick taste in my mouth.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I'm suprized that anybody who claims to be her manager or Agent allowed her to wear that awfull bikini outfit!

what happened to the Britney Spears who danced across the stage in Leather pants and corsets??

how anyone at MTV allowed her to go on stage while looking as spaced out as she did on stage should be fired. awful

PS britney you don't have to wear Bead-cazzled bikinis to look good, just stick with the leather dominatrix get up 100x sexier

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Goofy

I do hope that someday britney comes back to her old self which was 9 years ago the baby one more time era it rocked.

i feel bad for the girl..shes going to be driven to suicide soon the way things are going..performance sucked..but still...her handlers aren't doing a very good job of getting her back on track
    "I'd rather die enormous, than live dormant." Tateossian Accessories

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

From what I heard is she fired her handlers a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    From what I heard is she fired her handlers a long time ago.
    Ha, no doubt!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast